News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mod Questions...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, September 06, 2014, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Hey guys and gals,

I have a few modding questions and I hope somebody can give me some pointers or ideas on how to do them.  Benton gave me answers and ideas already on some, but others were beyond his experience (like the new attributes question).  BTW, I'm using EZScript.

I was wondering if there was a way to set up a simulated pit trap with EZScript?  It would involve a teleporter (?) that would send the characters to another (lower) part of the map (I'm using the Blitzkrieg's base map, the same map I used for my sewers map).  Characters would step on a certain area of the map and be sent to another part, can that work?  I'd also like that trap to cause some health loss, if possible.

I'm also trying create other traps, like a fire blast , acid spray (turrets, perhaps?), spikes that shoot up from the floor, etc...I've already created the FX for these, but I'm not sure how to implement them with EZScript.

Another question is...How can I create new attributes?  I'd like to create a few new ones, like Undead, evil and Holy Aura, etc...

The undead attribute could probably be a combo, but I'm not sure how best to make it...A combo of mindless and scary?  They need to be immune to fear and other mental attacks, as well as gas attacks and poison (see below).  The evil attribute could combine unheroic and...something?  The Holy Aura att.  could be presence and heroic and maybe a third attribute?

Another attribute I'd like to make is disease carrier, it could be like acid blood (maybe?), but inflicts the diseased character state (see below) on anybody who touches them?

I also want to create a few new character states... 

Is there a good way to copy Acid Burn's effect and make a Poisoned state?

I'd also like to create a sleeping character state, where the enemies would drop with their fall animations and stay down for a certain amount of time?  I don't know if that is possible, though.

I'd like to also create a diseased character state, that would drain health slowly, until the character is either healed by a Energy X canister or healed by a character with a healing power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, these are all above my scope of knowledge, but you have some really interesting ideas here.

Epimethee

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 06, 2014, 05:24:50 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to set up a simulated pit trap with EZScript?  It would involve a teleporter (?) that would send the characters to another (lower) part of the map (I'm using the Blitzkrieg's base map, the same map I used for my sewers map).  Characters would step on a certain area of the map and be sent to another part, can that work?  I'd also like that trap to cause some health loss, if possible.

I'm also trying create other traps, like a fire blast , acid spray (turrets, perhaps?), spikes that shoot up from the floor, etc...I've already created the FX for these, but I'm not sure how to implement them with EZScript.
Doing it in Python script should be relatively easy. However, I have no clue how to make custom Python code callable from an EZScript-written mission. At least, EZScript already offers trap items, so those could be used to do part of what you want.

QuoteAnother question is...How can I create new attributes?  I'd like to create a few new ones, like Undead, evil and Holy Aura, etc...

The undead attribute could probably be a combo, but I'm not sure how best to make it...A combo of mindless and scary?  They need to be immune to fear and other mental attacks, as well as gas attacks and poison (see below).  The evil attribute could combine unheroic and...something?  The Holy Aura att.  could be presence and heroic and maybe a third attribute?
For what you mentioned so far, combo attributes would work fine. You can refer to the FFX manual under ATTRIBUTES > Combination Attributes. Have fun!

QuoteAnother attribute I'd like to make is disease carrier, it could be like acid blood (maybe?), but inflicts the diseased character state (see below) on anybody who touches them?
QuoteI'd like to also create a diseased character state, that would drain health slowly, until the character is either healed by a Energy X canister or healed by a character with a healing power.
This, on the other hand, would require coding a new attribute. Some bits might be tricky, for example if you want to prevent characters with healing self-powers or hero points from being cured, but overall, it's doable.

QuoteI also want to create a few new character states... 

What effect did you have in mind? (For me, acid burned = poisoned)

QuoteI'd also like to create a sleeping character state, where the enemies would drop with their fall animations and stay down for a certain amount of time?  I don't know if that is possible, though.
Seems doable: Give the character the Stun primary character state and lock their animation to Fall. What would be the differences in game terms from the standard stun?
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

hoss20

For the sleeping character state, could you replicate that with the KO Gas state swap in FFX? The only potential drawback for this would be the chance at success if you were going for something where the characters were automatically put to sleep. However, the swap is set up to where depending on the power/state it is used with, it will determine how long the character is asleep/knocked out for.

For disease carrier, you could just go ahead and assign the acid blood attribute and change the damage type using FFXEdit2 to whatever you deem appropriate.

For the diseased character state, you may just have to settle for something like using the Life Drain state swap in FFX. There will be a few things the way this swap is set up that aren't going to work perfectly for what you want, but it does offer the slow draining of health. It would be for whatever total amount you set it for, but I imagine some coding would be needed to allow for healing and/or Hero Points to "stop the bleeding," so to speak.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 07, 2014, 03:22:00 AM
Unfortunately, these are all above my scope of knowledge, but you have some really interesting ideas here.

thank you, CB.  :D

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Epimethee on September 09, 2014, 03:22:45 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 06, 2014, 05:24:50 PM

Doing it in Python script should be relatively easy. However, I have no clue how to make custom Python code callable from an EZScript-written mission. At least, EZScript already offers trap items, so those could be used to do part of what you want.

Thank you, E...I have the trap FX made, I'm just trying to figure out how to implement them.  Benton said the One-shot trap EZScript option doesn't work, so he said I'd have to use the switchable trap option.

QuoteAnother question is...How can I create new attributes?  I'd like to create a few new ones, like Undead, evil and Holy Aura, etc...

For what you mentioned so far, combo attributes would work fine. You can refer to the FFX manual under ATTRIBUTES > Combination Attributes. Have fun!

Thanks, E...I've already started trying to create combo attributes...I'm just not sure if they'll work yet...  :wacko:

QuoteAnother attribute I'd like to make is disease carrier, it could be like acid blood (maybe?), but inflicts the diseased character state (see below) on anybody who touches them?
QuoteI'd like to also create a diseased character state, that would drain health slowly, until the character is either healed by a Energy X canister or healed by a character with a healing power.
This, on the other hand, would require coding a new attribute. Some bits might be tricky, for example if you want to prevent characters with healing self-powers or hero points from being cured, but overall, it's doable.

Hmmm...Thank you for the input.  I can't do the coding, at this point in time...But maybe I can work something out for it...I was hoping I could make diseased state by copying another attribute, somehow.

QuoteI also want to create a few new character states... 

Quote from: Epimethee on September 09, 2014, 03:22:45 AMWhat effect did you have in mind? (For me, acid burned = poisoned)

I hear ya on the acid burn/poisoned thing, but I wanted something separate (they're just not the same, in my opinion...Poisoned would be weakening as well as creating on-going health loss...Affecting abilities and such, where acid burn does not weaken or cause ability impairment) and to use the new poisoned fx I made for the mod.

QuoteI'd also like to create a sleeping character state, where the enemies would drop with their fall animations and stay down for a certain amount of time?  I don't know if that is possible, though.
Seems doable: Give the character the Stun primary character state and lock their animation to Fall. What would be the differences in game terms from the standard stun?

The biggest difference would be that most humans and animals don't sleep standing up (horses, cattle, etc..excluded, of course)...Haha!  plus I made a sleeping fx.

Thank you so much for the advice and input, Epimethee...I really appreciate it.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: hoss20 on September 09, 2014, 07:17:53 PM
For the sleeping character state, could you replicate that with the KO Gas state swap in FFX? The only potential drawback for this would be the chance at success if you were going for something where the characters were automatically put to sleep. However, the swap is set up to where depending on the power/state it is used with, it will determine how long the character is asleep/knocked out for.

For disease carrier, you could just go ahead and assign the acid blood attribute and change the damage type using FFXEdit2 to whatever you deem appropriate.

For the diseased character state, you may just have to settle for something like using the Life Drain state swap in FFX. There will be a few things the way this swap is set up that aren't going to work perfectly for what you want, but it does offer the slow draining of health. It would be for whatever total amount you set it for, but I imagine some coding would be needed to allow for healing and/or Hero Points to "stop the bleeding," so to speak.

Thank you, Hoss...I appreciate the help.

Dana

windblown

Hey cmdrkoenig67, there's a sleep state swap in ffx3.3. It doesn't appear in the ffx control center, but if you look in the "cstates" folder of the manual there's a file named "sleep" which explains how to make it work.

It works great with psychic heroes, I even made a sleep FX (with little Z's coming from the sleeping character) to use with it.

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you so much, Windblown...I'll take a peek at it.

Dana

Epimethee

Dana, my deepest apologies for not being able to get back to you earlier. I thought I could possibly contribute a bit of scripting on some of the points mentioned here, but RL will prevent anything of the sort for the next few weeks.

Good luck with the project!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Epimethee on September 25, 2014, 03:28:29 AM
Dana, my deepest apologies for not being able to get back to you earlier. I thought I could possibly contribute a bit of scripting on some of the points mentioned here, but RL will prevent anything of the sort for the next few weeks.

Good luck with the project!

Thank you, E...I appreciate any assistance.  I totally understand RL getting in the way, no worries on the delay.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

I?m resurrecting this post since I still need help with my mod and these states and traps, etc...if anybody can assist me with ideas on how I can accomplish these Whacky concepts (LOL!), I?d appreciate it. Thank you.

Best,

Dana

oktokels

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on March 29, 2022, 01:19:20 AM
I?m resurrecting this post since I still need help with my mod and these states and traps, etc...if anybody can assist me with ideas on how I can accomplish these Whacky concepts (LOL!), I?d appreciate it. Thank you.

Best,

Dana

Traps could be created simply by placing templates on the map. These templates should have whatever attributes and attacks you want, such as having an acid area attack that activates when an enemy is nearby, etc.

I wouldn't know how to help you on the states issue though, a more powerful acid burn effect could be made with attributes like metal eater, but I think what you want is to add a new state to the game's structure....