X-Men Evolution or Wolverine and the X-Men

Started by Shogunn2517, September 04, 2014, 03:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

Going through a few series on Netflix and I'm wondering which do you guys think is the better series to watch next.

Thoughts?

Tomato

Well... it's been ages since I watched Xmen Evolution, so I can't speak to specifics but... it's a show that takes a long time to get going. The first season was almost painful to watch, and the finale is about as stupid as it could possibly be. But by the time you get to season 4, with the apocalypse storyline, the series had really come into its own.

WatX starts off far better (lack of talented vas notwithstanding), bat with only one season, you also don't see it reach the same heights as its predecessor.With another season I feel like it could have far exceeded Evolution, but as is it was merely a decent romp. I'd say, overall, watch Evolution first, just pprepare for the slog of the first season or so.

detourne_me

Took the words from out of my mouth Tomato. Well said.

crimsonquill

I also agree with Tomato. Plus Evolution had the best Wolverine voice actor who really loved playing the role, Scott McNeil.  :thumbup:

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Talavar

Yep, Tomato hit the nail squarely on the head.

Shogunn2517

For some reason, I was under the impression that WatX had more than one season.  Seeing that's not the case, I suppose that would make a stronger case against.

catwhowalksbyhimself

But it's good one season.  Also, you'll be done with it quickly and can move on to Evolution if you really want to.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

I'm not gonna lie, as an X-men show, I like WatX far more. It's got a better premise, it captures much of the spirit of the comic more, and the overall story is FAR more cohesive than Xmen evolution ever was.

The reason I still say to watch Evolution first is because... it's just more fun. The premise is goofy and the first season is almost painful in its horribleness, but by the time we get to the first sentinel fight? It makes all that worth it. Plus, I can't think of another series where I can honestly say Toad is one of my favorite characters. TOAD. How bizzare is that?

XStream

Me too!

I enjoyed both shows, and they are very different. I loved Evolution, but I haven't watched the first season in a while. I would watch WatX first, it was good. I wouldn't skip Evolution, though. Like Tomato says, it is a fund show.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

lugaru

Wolverine and the XMen is a favorite of mine, surprisingly dark and mature, good animation and high stakes. Another good marvel show cancelled waaaay too soon.

Silver Shocker

Quote from: Tomato on September 04, 2014, 03:30:17 AM
WatX starts off far better (lack of talented vas notwithstanding)

I feel compelled to point out, that, while I fully concede that the voice acting in WATX was underwhelming, just about everyone involved has done vastly superior work elsewhere (including most of DC and Marvel's other shows and games). Saying they're not talented is a little like saying Samuel L. Jackson isn't a talented actor based on, say, the Star Wars prequels.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

Yeah... I shouldn't have phrased it that way, I apologize. In my defense, I typed that on the way to my car from work, so I was a touch distracted. I'm in 100% agreement with Silver Shocker though, while the VAs do a very sloppy job in WatX, most of them have done much better before and/or after WatX, particularly Wolverine's VA. They just didn't really do anything to show it in WatX.