News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFvs3R skinning problems

Started by Ouflah, August 23, 2014, 03:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouflah

hey look it's ouflah what has he messed up now

I made this skin for fun, and I put it on a chicken and tried it in the Rumble Room. But the skin doesn't show. So what gives?
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

spydermann93

Make sure that the skin files are .dds format :)

hoss20

Actually, there are a few other things to check.

First off, I'm assuming you are using one of the maps in the Rumble Room that has chickens running around. Secondly, when you say that the skin doesn't show, do you mean that it's showing the regular brown/orange chicken skin or that the chickens are now invisible?

I will also assume that you have unzipped the game's art file, so that you could access the mesh and skin. If so, make your skin the 'standard' skin and if you want to keep the original, maybe rename it 'original' or something. I believe the game is going to default to the 'standard' skin especially if it's, in essence, a prop character and not a selectable one, like the chickens.

Also, when dealing with files/folders that came with the game, they are usually 'Read Only' and if you want changes to stay, you may have to uncheck that option. This isn't always applicable, but we're just covering all the bases.

Ouflah

Thanks Hoss20, but...
Quote from: spydermann93 on August 23, 2014, 03:54:37 AM
Make sure that the skin files are .dds format :)
That was my problem.  :P

Oh, and by the way, I was using the chicken as a character. 'Cause he's awesome.  :lol:
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III