Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, August 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

that's odd - are the navigagtion buttons across the top or on the left ?
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SuperPoweredYank

Epimethee

Yeah, I'm having the same problem (on my Mac, Firefox, Chrome/Edge [same basic rendering engine] and Safari) all display on a white background, while on iPhone (where every browser uses the iOS Safari rendering engine), it displays on black.

This is quite certainly due to the old-style coding used (table layout), which is interpreted differently from browser to browser, especially when there are errors. For example, the code should start with the <html> tag; in the home page, it's placed just before the <body>; you also have another <head> with styling info inside the body, which should make the browser go in full existential mode.

Apart from this cleanup, you could begin the code by adding, right before the initial <html> tag the following: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">, which should tell the browser to go into table-layout compatibility mode.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

abenavides

Thx, yeah i figured it was something with the old CSS or html I've coded (many yrs ago!)
I'll take a look when I get a sec. Thx for the info, Ep, but on my iphone, it displays with a white background. so it's quite odd. (I have a 10xr running latest ios)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Epimethee

My apologies! Serious braincramp. On iOS, Firefox´s dark mode was active. <Insert pro-grade facepalm>

abenavides

www.alexff.com

abenavides

As many in the Freedom Force community know, we sadly lost resident Fortress artist and all-around wonderful guy DaGlob earlier this year. DG was a source of not only great content for the FF games as you can see on this very site, but also a font of comics knowledge and genuine good will. He always went out of his way to help others, including me. Whether it was tracking down that elusive skin or mesh or just answering questions about the game. I still remember asking him to be a resident artist. He was surprised that I was interested as he tended to focus on obscure characters from yesteryear rather than those from the big 2 comics publishers. I explained that's why I loved his stuff. His enthusiasm and knowledge just leaped out at you.

I still have items of his to post and will continue to add to his gallery here. I managed to find an FF-version of his Spider-Girl Arana, so I've updated that file so it works for both games. I've also added Claude Raines as the Phantom of the Opera, Spider-Girl, 2 versions of the Werwolf of London, TM Man-Bot X, Green Goblynne, Granny Goodness (thanks for making a FFv3r version, Randomdays), Airboy, Cobra Commander, an armed Sailor, and Tarzan with abs. Thanks for everything, DG.

www.alexff.com

Podmark

Wow, it's great to keep seeing stuff from DaGlob. Thank you Alex.
I personally appreciate the Spider-Girls.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

abenavides

As I started posting this update, I realized my site is now in its 20th year! Never would have predicted that when I posted a few hero files way back then. Thanks to the artists and fans who still drop by.

This update has some skins from my archives (my slowly-getting-organized hard drive) by Saracen, including the complete classic Royal Flush gang!

But wait! There's more ... I finally get around to posting some of my own skins and mesh skopes. I don't consider myself an artist but I did pick up some Photoshop and skoping skills over the years. Some of these have been on my hard drive for over a decade, just never got around to releasing them. I do have some others I need to clean up a bit, so there will be more eventually. For now, I'm starting with skins for Amazing Grace, Desaad, Etrigan (updated for Ink's mesh), and a Psycho-Pirate 2pack. For meshes, I have a classic Aquaman skope and a Kyle Rayner skope (with C6 skins) .

www.alexff.com

SickAlice

Epimethee

SuperPoweredYank

Great update, Alex!

Just a heads up tho, the site is still displaying as white instead of the normal black.

Is this intentional or nah?

abenavides

www.alexff.com