Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, August 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

abenavides

A big-time update today to welcome in August.

First up, more lost treasures from my backup hard drive. There are 20 skins/meshes from the resident artists. And I'll pause to point out that, with this update, the Fortress now proudly hosts over 2,000 skins and meshes !

But wait ! That's not all! Alex's Atlas has been updated and now shows all the maps from the original Freedom Force game - 68 in all! I've also converted the Atlas to work off a database, to make future maintenance easier and other features possible in the future.

I have updated art on some of my "Goodies".

And finally - a quick update on mods:

As I've done for other mods on my site, I've updated the Suicide Squad Mod installer to more easily support the GOG and Steam versions of  FF (default is GOG). I also added a launch EXE like I have on other mods. The installer places a shortcut to this on your desktop when installing. Basically, it just makes it easy to install and play the mod (plus using the latest install creation software made the download file a bit smaller)

I have done some work to get the Freedom Force (original game) Mod working properly. Fixed the Mission 2 bug by scripting a workaround. Fixed some maps that weren't working right, added some missing head.nifs, and fixed the strings throughout the game. Hope to get this re-released in the near future. Thanks to Yellow Lantern and Spydermann93 for their testing help so far!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Epimethee

2,000? Impressive! ...Plus maps and mods?

You should be commended for preserving and showcasing so much of this community's work, Alex.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

I've been tied up with lots of real-life stuff, but wanted to put something out to let you know the fortress is still here.

I've updated the FF mod for FFv3R (after many many years!). Now renamed "FF Classic for FFv3R" - several bugs have been fixed, so it should work all the way through at least level 10! May work further but I haven't played further. Let me know if you find bugs! Get it on the Mods page!
A huge special thanks to yell0w_Lantern and spydermann93  for testing the mod (and thx YL, for the fixed abomb nif)!

Coming soon (hopefully) ... I am just about ready to release the long-delayed EZFX 6.1 as well as my still-nameless app that auto-installs meshes. Look for them in October!

And a Fortress update wouldn't be complete without more magic from DaGlob (this time, with a collaboration with J_Foam as well!)
Enjoy the 18 new skins/meshes !

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

spydermann93

Did you look in DaGlob's section?

Make sure "All Characters" is selected. You should be able to find them.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 01, 2016, 12:54:53 AM
Did you look in DaGlob's section?

Make sure "All Characters" is selected. You should be able to find them.
thanks I saw them now
Sith Prime

Cyber Burn

Hey Alex, just a heads up, there's broken Links on Whisper, and the Swamp Thing.

abenavides

www.alexff.com

Epimethee

Thanks Alex! Particularly happy to see the FF classic mod being updated. :)

abenavides

Re-posted the FF Classic Mod, the version I put up a couple of days ago was a slightly older build than the latest one (oops!). This one has corrected even more bugs. I've titled this download FFClassic_v3, so you'll know you have the latest. Grab it on the Mods page.
www.alexff.com

Epimethee

abenavides

EZFX 6.1 - It's happening!
In another update I thought I'd never make, I've completed EZFX 6.1, 4 years after I started it. EZFX is an FX pack for FFv3R and adds over 600 power FX to the game, many by me, but most from other members of the community. As always, get it on my Goodies page and check out the full credits! NOTE: EZFX6.1 should installed AFTER FFX3 (if you're using FFX 3, which you really should be :) ) Special thanks to Cyber Burn for all his help on this.

www.alexff.com

Epimethee

Wow, Alex! You've put a much-needed smile on an awful day, sir.

Podmark

Wow! Great to see something new from you Alex.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

El1jahSnowFan

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I would never have imagined -- after all these years, this community still finds ways to amaze me still!

Thanks so much!

I'm too much of a coward to try to install it because I am running a Steam install and I haven't backed up nearly enough material -- and I need to get on that -- but holy cow. One day, when this old laptop gives up the ghost and I install this game and rebuild the files from the ground up, that's what I will come looking for immediately!

naitvalis

Now if other old members start to come back and release cool stuff like this , i wonder if this forum must change name in freedom Re-reborn...

deanjo2000

Brilliant :thumbup: Was a very nice surprise to see this today.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

Cyber Burn

Perfect timing. Since I just lost EVERYTHING and had to do a complete re-install, at least I'll have one less thing to worry about.

Stupid Windows rolled me back from W8.1 to W8, and my whole Irrational Games folder disappeared as did my back up folder. All my programs, custom characters, fx's, dat files, mods, and everything I have altered, all gone. And since it's been a while since I've backed things up, it's that much worse.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BentonGrey

WHAT?!?!  That's terrible, CB!  I'm so sorry, man!  It just rolled you back?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

deanjo2000

Aww man :( I've lost everything before but it was fun collecting again. I back up on 3 different hard drives now.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I've had Carbonite backing up my entire HDD for years now because this kept happening to me.  I'm still missing some DCUG stuff from one of those early crashes...
God Bless

naitvalis

This happened to me to more times that i can remember, some time i have abandoned the game for long periods cause this, now i backup the entire ff folder on a usb pen it takes me 5minutes, and i have discovered that i can export  :ff: in this state, and it actually works without installation, even on other machines cause  :ff: have all the files he need in one folder ( and this is another thing that makes me use  :ff: and not  :ffvstr: ).

bearded

BentonGrey

That's cool, Nait.  So, you can run  :ff: from your USB drive?
God Bless

naitvalis

Haven't tried to run it directly from the usb , i just copy the folder in the same path that is supposed to be in the other hd, i create i shortcut on desktop and that's all, i must check for usb start and let you know ( that warhammer thing i want release it in this way
when its finished...in 2120... maybe.

naitvalis

Tried it just now it works perfectly, the only thing is you have to create a shortcut with -log in the destination path to have the "new" attributes works.

BentonGrey

God Bless