Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, August 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Another fantastic update Alex. I love seeing Daglob getting proper hosting.  :thumbup:  And I am really looking forward to getting some revenge on the Asthma Monster in the Rumble Room.  :D  He's been abusing me since I was a kid, so now it's payback time!!!  :lol:

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

daglob

I hadn't realized how much the Multiman preview looked like a family portrait. :doh:

detourne_me

Hahaha. You mean its not the Multi-Man Family? Is he his own grandpa?

abenavides

Only good luck today as there's a nice pack of FF goodies - 20 creations by the Fortress' resident artists.
Plus, still time to donate to my 2016 Relay for Life team, just head on over to: www.main.acsevents.org/goto/alexb

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Podmark

Always great to see new stuff added to the Fortress, Alex!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Great updates Alex, I also love the fact that you're doing the Relay for Life. Though not a Captain, my Wife does it as well.

abenavides

A recent cleanup/reorg of my hard drives turned up a number of skins and skopes by Courtnall6 that I had not yet posted. Some are older versions of skins I did already have, some are updates to standard skins C6 did for meshes, and some are golden oldies I came across. I had to create new previews for most of these, as well as adding keyframes when needed, so it took me a little while. Putting up 24 in all right now, with more to come in the future.

www.alexff.com

abenavides

I continue my cleanup/reorg of my hard drives by posting 26 classic meshes by Beyonder. I've added preview pics, keyframes, and FFv3R versions as needed. I am also working on some additional Beyonder goodies for my next post.

www.alexff.com

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Epimethee

Nice! Vintage Beyonder, including a few I don't think I had!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

El1jahSnowFan

WyldFyre

Quote from: El1jahSnowFan on June 04, 2016, 02:54:05 AM
Holy Cow -- I never knew BYD did a Shocker!

And a Pied Piper???? I never knew he had done that one. That Beyonder was one busy guy.
For Freedom!

abenavides

Gotten a long way through cleaning up my hard drive and the good news is it pays off in more goodies. Today, I'm posting 16 more downloads from The Beyonder. I've grouped his classic male variants into a few multi-pack downloads, so the total number of meshes I'm posting is a big 78!
Special thanks to the folks who made this update possible:
- DaGlob for whipping up 10 brand new standard skins for the male_cape variants. Check em all out, some nice work there!
- Wyldfyre for skoping a male_cape_gloves variant (and nobelt version) when I realized it didn't exist (and I really wanted a complete set! :) ) .
- Hoss20 for fixing a problem with the hair meshes so they would work in FFv3R as well as FF. He also corrected a texture issue I was having with the male_cape_gloves_boots mesh.
- And of course Beyonder for making all this in the first place (plus Firestorm for the many default skins)!
- I've also included a never-released male_bald_suit mesh Beyonder did for me when I requested it for the JLA Mod. (meant for Lex). Never used it in the mod, but now you all get to have it, complete with a quick default skin I whipped up.

www.alexff.com

abenavides

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I've updated EZHero to properly handle the paths for the GOG versions of both FF games (now that there is a GOG FF game!) I personally use the GOG versions of both games so I've also gone back and updated the installers for various other add-ons and mods to provide GOG paths in the informational help (I had Steam paths there for a while and now show Steam, GOG, and CD paths). I've done this for EZ Danger Room, FFv3R Mod Tools, Real Reich, Superhero TV, DC Universe Mod, JLA: Pawns of Darkness, The Super Powers Mod, and the X-Mod.

Didn't do EZFX yet as I'm planning big updates for both of those installers.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

I would be speechless if it were even remotely close to being humanly possible. I have to admit, you really have me excited with the EZ FX Packs/Installers.

yell0w_lantern

Great stuff as usual, Alex!
Some day, I would love to see a Megmod with all the FF1 and FF2 missions in one campaign.
Yellow Lantern smash!

abenavides

And now it's time to dim the lights, turn up the music and pour a glass of Courvoisier ...  yes, my friends, The Ladies Man (aka Interceptor) is featured on today's update . I've put up 25 of his fine meshes and skins for your gaming adventures. Enjoy!

www.alexff.com

abenavides

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on July 04, 2016, 04:06:37 AM
Great stuff as usual, Alex!
Some day, I would love to see a Megmod with all the FF1 and FF2 missions in one campaign.

Just because a couple of people have asked about this recently -
I took a look at the beta version of the FF mod on my site. For me (and I've also heard from others) it gets stuck at mission 2 . Mentor can't interrogate the thug-doesn't get the option. I looked at the script and it's pretty straightforward - I don't see anything weird about it. Has anyone ever looked into this?
Only Minuteman can interrogate him and he gets told that Mentor should do it.

I did notice the script spawns a 2nd mentor when he joins your party (probably because at first you're not supposed to control him, so the 1st one is "mentor_neutral") Maybe in FFv3r this works differently and since the 2nd mentor didn't exist when the thug got the interrogate function he has no access to it? it would be weird, but it's the only thing I see so far.

Any ideas from scripters out there?
www.alexff.com

yell0w_lantern

I'm no scripter so this may be nothing but I noticed that in the first mission the python shows
   replaceArrow('train_arrow', trainer, js.ARROW_YELLOW)

The next 2 missions omit the "js."

"Mission_AddArrowObject('trainer_9_arrow', 'trainer_9', ARROW_YELLOW)",

I don't think you can interrogate without the arrow so if the omission breaks it that might be the problem.
No time to test.  Must.. run... on... treadmill!

[EDIT]
Nope.
I'm going to monkey around with the code a little because every now and then, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
Yellow Lantern smash!

yell0w_lantern

I can't quite figure out how to do it so I cheated a little so minute man can trigger mentor's cutscene.  This is around line 130, btw.

# Called when a hero tries to interrogate thug_7a
def interrogate_thug_7a_fn(hero):
    print hero + " interrogated thug_7a"

if hero == "mentor":
        play(end_cs, "end_cs", 3)
    else:
        play(end_cs, "end_cs", 3)
Yellow Lantern smash!

abenavides

OK, I've tried a few things and no dice. I even tried the mission in FF (GOG version) on my PC, it worked as expected - I then copied the exact script into my FFv3R setup and I had the same problem- Mentor can't interrogate the last thug. It may be a change in the game engine which is causing this.

I'll probably make the change you suggest YL (I found that code also). Maybe I'll add a little message to the player to have Minute Man do the interrogation.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Daglob is back with 16 new creations!

Plus, I've started a new visual record of maps (an Atlas, if you will) as an aid to modders, available on the Goodies page. Only a few maps from the original game listed so far, but it will grow.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

I love seeing more MLJ/Red Circle stuff.  :wub: Always makes my day.

detourne_me

The atlas is such a fantastic idea!  I love it, and really appreciate the work you keep putting into your site.

abenavides

Thanks, a big atlas update coming soon.

Also, I've scripted a fix for Mission 2 in the FF mod. I couldn't quite do what YL suggested as it made it possible to end the mission before talking to Mentor (and costing you an objective). Instead, I've combined the 2 final tasks: when you talk to Mentor, he will automatically walk over and interrogate the thug to finish the mission. Less confusing for players that way (I also removed the narrator's line telling you to use Mentor, since it's automatically done).

So after many years, I will re-post an updated FF mod that hopefully people can get much further in!
www.alexff.com

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page