Sioux City Dynamo

Io

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

WyldFyre

I've held off for a long time in posting an avatar request.  For one thing, I really wanted to make my own. But, unfortunately, I can't seem to find the free time to create as much as I'd like. As a construction worker, my days tend to be 14-20 hrs long and that leaves the weekend for catching up around the house. 

When I joined FR, I had visions of the LSH in my head.  And, as a shortcut, have used the energy-powered Legionnaire as a pic.  But my intention has always been to create something new.

So, with that in mind.......

Wyldfyre started out as a villain. Using heat and flame based gadgets and gear. (I based him off of an old Power-Man villain.)

Having been stopped repeatedly by heroes in his career he decided to change sides and fight crime instead of commit it.

(Here comes the LSH angle)  After being captured by several of his former villainous allies, he was locked in a laboratory where he was bombarded with solar radiation from an experiment in progress.  This energy destroyed his body and mind, but didn't kill him.  He became a formless plasma being capable of producing high levels of heat and flame.  His heroic allies tried to construct a containment suit for him, but he was no longer the man they knew.  Now, seeking revenge on those who tried to murder him,  he tracks down every lead, in an attempt to destroy them.  He no longer feels human emotion, except for the fiery rage which drives him.  This often brings him into conflict with heroes and villains alike.

I always envisioned more of an armored suit instead of the flexible wildfire outfits. And (of course) a red, orange and yellow or possibly green and blue (propane and butane burn different colors).
His criminal outfit was based off of the Power-Man villain.  (I'll try to find a pic of it.) I was torn on a flaming aura a-la Human Torch, just couldn't decide. 

I would be happy with either version.

As a side note, this is an old MSH character which I used as a villain and then ported to Champions as a hero. (Many years ago :). )

If anyone is interested and would like more info, I will try to provide it.  I looked for the old pictures I had drawn, but couldn't find them.  I suspect they were lost when my childhood home burned down several years ago.

Anyway, thanks for looking.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

I've actually had some thoughts running around in my head in regards to creating an Avatar for you, so I'm really glad you posted here. This gives me more to run with as far as creating a Skope for you too.

Are there any specific requests in regards to animations or weapons? That would help when deciding what to use as a Base Mesh.

spydermann93

Sioux City Dynamo

I would love to skin whatever u scope Cyber.  Just might take awhile.
Io

WyldFyre

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 22, 2014, 11:03:02 PM
I've actually had some thoughts running around in my head in regards to creating an Avatar for you, so I'm really glad you posted here. This gives me more to run with as far as creating a Skope for you too.

Are there any specific requests in regards to animations or weapons? That would help when deciding what to use as a Base Mesh.

Originally, his villain mode had a chemical backpack and a pistol which was attached by an EX material hose. I think he had some kind of visor but my memory is unclear on that point.  His later persona simply used the armored outfit to control his plasma form.  In other words, do what you think looks right.  It's been so long that I only faintly remember the villain costume. (Funny how I can remember the powers though.) I designed him as a "B" rate villain for a kind of comic relief for the campaign I was running.  I remember the players almost feeling sorry for him. Until we changed to Champions and he "powered up". Then they weren't laughing... :)

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on September 23, 2014, 01:33:36 AM
I would love to skin whatever u scope Cyber.  Just might take awhile.

I would be honored to see what you come up with SCD.

And thank both of you for the interest in this.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

Just want to give this a little bump.

WyldFyre is still a WIP.

Cyber Burn

Just want to give this a little bump.

WyldFyre, the Hero version of your Avatar has been sent to a Skinner, and I started the Skope for the Villain version.

I apologize for the delay, RL has been a bit bumpy for a while now. But I wanted to make sure you knew this wasn't forgotten about.

spydermann93

I super can't wait to see what you and SCD have in store, Cyber! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, I had to re-do the Hero version of the Skope...A couple of times. I had issues with clipping, and pieces not quite fitting the way I wanted, Etc., Etc., Etc.

I'm also not totally happy with the Skope I started for the Villain version. I have a base design in my head, but I haven't been able to match it yet. But I'll keep working at it until I can get something that is at least close to what I want, and then I'll go from there.

WyldFyre

Sorry for not posting a little earlier Cyber.  RL is a little busy lately.  Back issues and work had me busy.

No worries on the villain version.  Truthfully I am grateful for the Hero version. I never really expected you to skope both. Not that I mind at all.

I am appreciative that you guys would do even one of the versions. And I am looking forward to seeing the Hero for sure.

So if you never get around to the villain I understand.

Thank you so much.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

SCD and I had both expressed interest in creating both versions of your Avatar. I'll admit though, with everything going on in RL, it's taken me much longer to get the Skopes done than I had originally planned, but this is something, personally, that I would like to see finished.

But like I said, I just wanted to make sure that you knew you weren't forgotten about.

Sioux City Dynamo

I am working on hero skin!  Also have some thoughts on villian skope!
Io

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on December 23, 2014, 05:22:03 AM
I am working on hero skin!  Also have some thoughts on villian skope!

Awesome! Send me a PM and we'll talk.

Cyber Burn

After talking with SCD, I have to say that I really like the ideas he had regarding the Villain version of WyldFyre's Avatar. I had started to Skope it, but upon closer look, it wasn't quite turning out right, so I'll be starting over (Hopefully sometime this weekend).

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 17, 2015, 05:05:11 PM
After talking with SCD, I have to say that I really like the ideas he had regarding the Villain version of WyldFyre's Avatar. I had started to Skope it, but upon closer look, it wasn't quite turning out right, so I'll be starting over (Hopefully sometime this weekend).

I really can't wait to see it (both the Hero and the Villain)!

Cyber Burn

While the Skope is still far from complete, I just wanted to give a quick preview implementing some of SCD's ideas for the Villainous version of WyldFyre's Avatar. I think going this route will streamline the design much better than my original Skope did. While you can't really tell from the preview pic, there are actually two different Particle Emitters coming from the Blaster, one is a Flame, and the other is Smoke. Now that they are positioned correctly, I have to say that I really like how it turned out.

Sioux City Dynamo

Awesome!  Man I need to finish up the hero so I can star on this sinister guy!
Io

WyldFyre

That looks GREAT!  I can't wait to see the finished products.  You guys are incredible.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

Update: A "Beta" Version of the Skope was sent to SCD for feedback/suggestions.

Sorry it's taken me so long on the Skopes WyldFyre, but RL really hasn't given me the amount of time to devote to this that I was hoping for.

WyldFyre

No sweat Cyber, I'm just glad you wanted to tackle it at all. 

My RL has been hectic for a couple of years now, and I'm not seeing a let-up anytime soon.

I've got several skopes I want to try to do, but time, time, time.
For Freedom!

Amazo Version 2.2

sweet skope cyber. I can't wait to see the finished skope.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

I'll be looking to get back into Skoping soon, so that being said, anyone interested in an Avatar?

Distorto

Name: Distorto

Powers: Reality Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, and Time Manipulation

Allegiance: Villain

Bio: While experimenting with an experimental time control controller the device damaged his genetic code. Giving him his powers.

Weapons: None.

Color Scheme: Purple/Indigo/Black

Size Base:    Male Basic

Facts: Distorto once used his powers to punch Jupiter in half just to put it back together again.
He also caused the genocide of the entire earth by removing the Earths gravitational field, causing all life to suffocate to death.
Recently, he became depowered after attempting to fly into a blackhole. He lost his ability to manipulate reality and time.

Cyber Burn

Ideas are flowing, but I do have some quick questions.

#1: He lost his ability to manipulate reality and time. But can he still control Gravity?

#2: Distorto once used his powers to punch Jupiter in half just to put it back together again. Does he have some sort of Helmet for Space Travel?

#3: Costume Question. Cape or No Cape?