“The Official Avatar Request Thread”

Started by Cyber Burn, July 28, 2014, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Welcome to:

"The Official Avatar Request Thread"

After seeing/receiving a few "Avatar" Requests, I've come to realize that many of the Members of Freedom Reborn currently do not have an Avatar to properly represent themselves in the Freedom Force Universe. As such, this thread is being set up to try and help those individuals out. My overall goal is to try and get more Members of the FR Community to take an active role in it. This does not mean that I expect everyone to become a "Content Creator" of some sort, but I am hoping that by starting this thread, that by letting Members know that they have a voice here, that more Members will begin to develop a sort of "Invested Interest" in the Community, maybe offer a little more feedback to previewed and/or released content, maybe more Members will start discussions, or make Requests, or even help other Members find things they are looking for.

I would really like to emphasize that the goal here is to have a gathering place for Avatar Requests that ANY Content Creator can read through and make. Anyone that has the ability to Skin, Skope, or Mesh, that sees something that interests them, please feel free to jump in. Even though I started this thread, I don't want to give the impression that I will be able to make every Avatar that is being Requested, so my hope is that other "Content Creators" will see a Request that interests them, and be willing to help make it a reality.

This is an open invitation for Forum Members to make their Avatar Requests, but, as with any open invitation, there has to be a few guidelines that would need to be understood, and respected.

1.   This is a "Commitment Free" zone. While I want to encourage Content Creators to join in, no one should feel forced to participate in any way, shape, or form.

2.   Please understand that with the limited amount of "Active" Content Creators, just because a Request is made, there is no guarantee that it will be filled.

3.   Please, also understand that Skinning, Skoping, and Meshing takes time, if someone is willing to try to create your Avatar, please do not rush them.

4.   Please keep this thread limited to Avatars only. If you have any other type of Request, a separate Request thread will need to be made for that.

5.   Finally, please be respectful to anyone who is willing to take on your Request. Please avoid insults or other negative comments.

In order to help you get what you want, there is information that you could provide to help make your Avatar a reality.

1.   Name:

2.   Gender:

3.   History/Description:

4.   Powers:

5.   Weapons:

6.   Color Scheme:

7.   Size Base:      (Male_Basic, Male_Heavy, Etc.)

Most importantly, is this meant for :ff: or  :ffvstr: (Or Both)?

Other things that may be helpful, would be to say if your Avatar is based on an existing Comic Character (For Example, my Avatar was originally based on the Punisher). Also, if you have any sort of picture of your Avatar (Stick figure, Rough Sketch, MicroHero, Etc.), please try to post that if possible. If you are like me, and cannot draw to save your life, there are Websites that can help you out. You can use those to create your Avatar (Or something close to it), and post a Screen Cap of it in your Request. Basically, the more information that you provide, the more likely someone will be to create what you want.

http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/

http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/

And finally, don't be afraid to make the Request, because that is what this thread is for.

(On a side note, if anyone can think of anything that they feel I left out of my initial post, please let me know so I can make any needed changes)

spydermann93

I was wondering if anybody could help me add a bo staff to Vertex's vxMonk mesh.  Vertex has allowed for his meshes to be skoped, so there won't be any problems with using the mesh as a base.

Also, once that is done, I was wondering if somebody could help me skin the mesh.  My skinning skills simply aren't good enough to even make a half-decent face.  Maybe my Avatar should where a mask ( :ph34r: ), haha! :lol:

Of course, I'll have to design the character, first :P

EDIT: Thinking about it, the skope does not have to use vxMonk mesh, but I would like a skope with martial arts and staff animations.  That would be more than enough for me! :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 31, 2014, 05:25:09 PM
I was wondering if anybody could help me add a bo staff to Vertex's vxMonk mesh.  Vertex has allowed for his meshes to be skoped, so there won't be any problems with using the mesh as a base.

Also, once that is done, I was wondering if somebody could help me skin the mesh.  My skinning skills simply aren't good enough to even make a half-decent face.  Maybe my Avatar should where a mask ( :ph34r: ), haha! :lol:

Of course, I'll have to design the character, first :P

EDIT: Thinking about it, the skope does not have to use vxMonk mesh, but I would like a skope with martial arts and staff animations.  That would be more than enough for me! :P

Other than his Archer Meshes, I don't think that Vertex has any "VX" Meshes with Weapons, but I like the idea of the mask, and I think I can Skope something up to get you the Bo Staff, maybe some good fighting Animations as well.

Questions:

1. Is THP's only Weapon the Bo Staff?

2. Would this be about a "Male_Basic" size?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 31, 2014, 08:04:59 PM1. Is THP's only Weapon the Bo Staff?

2. Would this be about a "Male_Basic" size?

Yes and yes :P

Cyber Burn

While working on the Skope for this, I'll probably be asking a bunch of questions, so I'll take this to PM.

spydermann93

Sounds good to me!  If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask. :P

Cyber Burn

OK, I tried to go for a bit of a Medieval type look. I had tried to add the Skirt from the "VX_Monk" Mesh, but there were major clipping issues. I debated between using a Mask or a Hood, but I felt the Hood may be a bit more appropriate. In trying to keep with the Here's what I have so far:

You can't really tell from the Pic, but the Cross on the Belt is floating in front of it instead of being attached to it.

I also tried to find a Duck to add, but the only model I found was just a sitting Duck, whereas I was hoping to find one with it's Wings spread out.

This is just the Beta Version, so let me know if there is anything you want added, removed, changed, etc.

spydermann93

I'm loving it! It's even better than I could have imagined. :D

I really like the floating cross bit. Can't wait to see it in-game! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 02, 2014, 05:26:21 PM
I'm loving it! It's even better than I could have imagined. :D

I really like the floating cross bit. Can't wait to see it in-game! :thumbup:

Awesome, I'm glad you like it. In that case, would anyone be interested in Skinning this?

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi guys, this is exactly the kind of thing I need to pull me back into FF!  I would love the chance to help with Avatars and would love to skin this wonderful skope by Cyber!!  Any design suggestions, colors etc?
Io

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on August 02, 2014, 10:47:00 PM
Hi guys, this is exactly the kind of thing I need to pull me back into FF!  I would love the chance to help with Avatars and would love to skin this wonderful skope by Cyber!!  Any design suggestions, colors etc?

Alright!!! Glad to see you back SCD. I don't remember your E-Mail, so if you want to PM it to me, I'll send you the Skope, then you and Spyder can discuss colors/designs/etc.

Sioux City Dynamo

Thanks Cyber, it will feel good to get back in the groove again!  I can not promise anything related to turn around times, as I am still tied up with a lot of RL stuff....But really want to give back to the game that has given me so much pleasure over the past 10 years!
Io

Cyber Burn

RL always comes first my friend, don't worry about turn around times.

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on August 02, 2014, 11:47:02 PM
But really want to give back to the game that has given me so much pleasure over the past 10 years!

I think quite a few of us feel that way, which is a big part of why I wanted to start this thread.

Cyber Burn

I have a Skope pretty near completion of an Avatar that someone had previously requested. I'll try to post pics tomorrow, but it's basically a combination of "Deadpool" and "Iron Man" with shadow powers (Similar to Marvel Comics' "Blackout" or "Darkstar").

This is similar to Spyder's Avatar request where I'm running with a written description, so the end design would be up to the Skinner. With that said, would anyone be interested in Skinning this?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 14, 2014, 06:10:11 AMbut it's basically a combination of "Deadpool" and "Iron Man" with shadow powers

Now THAT sounds fun! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

This is the Avatar Skope for "Shadow_Blade". The pic doesn't show it well, but the head has Particle Emitters. The Skope is finished, so it just needs a Skin. Any takers?  :D

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Cyber, love the skope!  Send it my way and I will put it on the list.  I should have time coming up soon to work on these! 

Spyder, drop me a pm with any details you would like on Holy Pilgrim.
Io

Cyber Burn

You rock SCD! Thank you for taking on these Avatars.  :thumbup:

I'll send him your way ASAP.

spydermann93

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on August 15, 2014, 02:55:05 AM
Hi Cyber, love the skope!  Send it my way and I will put it on the list.  I should have time coming up soon to work on these! 

Spyder, drop me a pm with any details you would like on Holy Pilgrim.

I'll have to think of some colors, but I'll definitely send you a pm when I can come up with something.

Thanks! :thumbup:

bat1987

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 15, 2014, 01:38:45 AM

This is the Avatar Skope for "Shadow_Blade". The pic doesn't show it well, but the head has Particle Emitters. The Skope is finished, so it just needs a Skin. Any takers?  :D

That looks fantastic!

windblown

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, it helps that the Community has created such awesome source material.

Sioux City Dynamo

Holy Pilgrim steps into the light!  Now time to look into the shadows.....
Io

Cyber Burn

Man, that turned out great! Very nice work SCD.

spydermann93

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on September 04, 2014, 07:16:10 PM

Holy Pilgrim steps into the light!  Now time to look into the shadows.....

Holy Cow (no relation)!  That looks absolutely fantastic, SCD!

Thank you so much! :thumbup:

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Cyber Burn

Until I can figure out proper hosting for the Avatars that have been requested, temporary hosting will be at my old Yahoo Group, in the "Avatars" section.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cyber_burn_33_ffvttr_files/info

First up, is The Holy Pilgrim (AKA: Spydermann93)!

Killer Skin provided by Sioux City Dynamo.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io