News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Coming Soon

Started by JeyNyce, July 11, 2014, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Want to have a topic about stuff coming soon that we may want to add to our collection.  Feel free to add figures, statues or whatever that may be coming out

http://www.superherohype.com/news/307983-comic-con-dc-collectibles-reveal-new-products-for-arrow-batman-arkham-knight-and-more#/slide/1

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

bat1987

Lots of the stuff they are announcing looks great.

Def getting Gordon, 2 face and Babs from Capullo line. Would have preferred if they had Damian in there too but what can you do. Zero Year Bats looks cool but don't need another Batman right now.

Tomato

Heh, Bat was just PMing me about this. I'm definitely considering getting the Arkham Knight Batman and Scarecrow figures, but I'm not ruling out the Flash figure, especially if he's not gonna be in the Justice League movie.

bat1987

http://www.dcuopost.com/multiverse-news/revoltechs-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-figures-revealed/

These look fantastic! Won't get them since they're 50$ - 60$ each, it's a bit much, but they do look great.

JeyNyce

They do look great, but being only 5.5 inches tall, I can't see why they would cost $50-$60.

Tomato

Because they're imports. That and the fact that they undoubtedly come loaded with alternate heads, weapons, and other such goodies.

It's a bit steep (especially when there are already good figures on the market), but the comparable SH Figuarts figures go for hundreds secondhand.

bat1987

Quote from: Tomato on July 14, 2014, 07:02:36 PM
Because they're imports. That and the fact that they undoubtedly come loaded with alternate heads, weapons, and other such goodies.

It's a bit steep (especially when there are already good figures on the market), but the comparable SH Figuarts figures go for hundreds secondhand.

Everything here is 100% correct (pics of alternate heads are in the article).

JeyNyce

Update from the New 52 stuff.  Look like Aquaman id getting his dues...sort of

http://www.newsarama.com/21151-aquaman-to-get-animated-new-52-origin-film.html

Now I love a woman with hips, but I think they over did it with Mera

Podmark

Wow! Those Turtles figures look like they leaped right off the screen. I'd love to have something like that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

crimsonquill

Quote from: Podmark on July 15, 2014, 03:42:47 AM
Wow! Those Turtles figures look like they leaped right off the screen. I'd love to have something like that.

Agreed! Oh, I would sooooo get the four of them if I had the $200 to spare.. I already commited myself to getting the Batman '66 Blu-Ray set! Ugh.. oh the priorities!

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

JeyNyce

Now if we can only get some Legend of Kora figures.

Silver Shocker

Yeah, those Turtles toys are really impressive. I actually wouldn't mind owning those if they weren't so expensive (or I was really well off)
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/23/dc-collectibles-sdcc-2014-statues-batman-tas-arkham-flash-arrow-129514 - DCC opening night layout.

A few new surprises here and there... for one thing, it looks like the new Arrow figures won't be short on accessories (yeah some of them are probably just for display, such as the arrow costume case, but I'll be really surprised if we don't get a fair number of the weapons) and there are a few last minute additions as well, like the Merlin figure.

Speaking of new additions, in addition to the TNBA Harley Quinn previewed earlier this week, there also seem to be prototypes for TNBA Killer Croc, Baby Doll, and Batgirl, plus there are preview images of TAS Riddler, Penguin, Batman, as well as TNBA Robin and Creeper.

Otherwise... I'm not sure. I'm almost positive the N52 Ivy is new, but the other Capullos we already knew about and the Arkham Knights are the same as well.

Edit: I should note that I saw Mattel's layout as well... and I didn't bother to link it. There's nothing new, and without DCUC Mattel has nothing I care about.

Podmark

I love those TAS firgures. I would totally pick up the Batman one if I was a bigger toy collector.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Quote from: Tomato on July 24, 2014, 01:39:08 AM
http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/23/dc-collectibles-sdcc-2014-statues-batman-tas-arkham-flash-arrow-129514 - DCC opening night layout.

A few new surprises here and there... for one thing, it looks like the new Arrow figures won't be short on accessories (yeah some of them are probably just for display, such as the arrow costume case, but I'll be really surprised if we don't get a fair number of the weapons) and there are a few last minute additions as well, like the Merlin figure.

Speaking of new additions, in addition to the TNBA Harley Quinn previewed earlier this week, there also seem to be prototypes for TNBA Killer Croc, Baby Doll, and Batgirl, plus there are preview images of TAS Riddler, Penguin, Batman, as well as TNBA Robin and Creeper.

Otherwise... I'm not sure. I'm almost positive the N52 Ivy is new, but the other Capullos we already knew about and the Arkham Knights are the same as well.

Yup Ivy is new. Eventhough I don't like her new 52 outfit, that figure looks pretty sweet, might get it. There were some figures on display that weren't allowed to be photographed : trenchcoat Joker, new Harley, new 52 John Stewart, Jae Lee Batman and Superman etc. Hopefully they will reveal them on thursday's press conference.

bat1987

Hot Toys had these bad boys on display:

The whole set is amazing and that Batman and Catwoman are by far the best looking 6 inch movie figures. Unfortunately since they are only sold as the whole set, the whole thing costs 800$-900$.

Oh and this bad boy at 1/6 scale

Looks flippin' amazing. IMO hot toys has the best looking high end collectibles on the market. They are a bit much for my wallet but still cool nonetheless.

Many more cool pics and collectibles here:
http://mwctoys.com/sdcc2014/sdcc2014_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm

Tomato

Seems I spoke a biiiit too soon on the Mattel stuff... at the time, all they had displayed was the Super Powers stuff, which I'm not really interested in. They've got a LOT more up now, including a bunch of the Total Heroes figures (yaaaawwwwnn), a ton of Multiverse Arkham figures (which I have little interest in, but I'll be fair to Mattel here... there are 15 brand Arkham new figures at SDCC, and that's not including the three Batman repaints and the kinda cool "Detective Mode" variants of Bane, Mr. Freeze, and the Thugs. If you want to get some Arkham love without paying 30+ a figure, they don't look bad at all), and a brand new Yvonne Craig Batgirl figure.

Here and here for Mattel links (there's a character from Arkham Knight in there that just got announced, so be warned on that)

On the Tamashii Nations side, they've announced a Sasuke to go with the Naruto they revealed last year (which I'd have been all over like, 4 years ago. Having a proper Sakura might still break me, but I'm kind of over Naruto otherwise), They've got a Luigi to go with Mario, and the Dragon Ball Z display includes Android 16 and SSJ Vegito who I don't recall seeing before (though, unfortunately, there's also no sign of Nappa. Damnit, I need that figure, because Nappa is hilarious). There might also be a few new Sailor Moon figures in there, but I really have no frame of reference on that one.

link here for Tamashii Nations

Square has a few "Kai" remakes of their FFVII Advent Children figures, but otherwise Play Arts continues to waste its time with a bunch of Video Game and comic properties I do not care about (No, but seriously. This is a toy company owned by Square Enix, and yet I STILL don't have proper Donald, Goofy, KH2 Riku or Kairi figures. WTF?)

bat1987

Mattel AC Clayface looks more game accurate than the DCC one. If DCC one had that design I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Tomato

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not too perterbed by the DCC one (I plan to get it regardless) and I understand DCC's reasoning for it... to them, they didn't want to create a figure that was just a lump of clay, so they added icicles as a nod to how you beat the boss in the game. Mattel, by contrast, is perfectly happy to have people shell out $20-30 for a lump of plastic, so.

JeyNyce

Tomato

bat1987

Ya those look great. Really good sculpts.

Speaking of Hasbro and Marvel they had this Spidey on the display

The sculpt is great and the accessories are just made of win. He's also gonna come with web lines.

Podmark

Oh man! I looked up some pics! Authentic looking Spider-Girl and Hobgoblin!! Hasbro wants me collecting again!
Any one who can post links to good collection of all the Marvel toys displayed earns my thanks. I've only been able to find bits and pieces so far.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Sure thing Pod, there is some Marvel stuff in the links that were already posted, but here's hasbro's full display

http://mwctoys.com/sdcc2014/sdcc2014_hasbro_top.htm

That Phil Urich Goblin looks fantastic, but I just freakin' love that Spidey.

Lots of stuff here too
http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/23/marvel-sdcc-links-129314

Podmark

Thank you bat1987!
There are times I wish I was a millionaire...
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

lol you and me both.

Tomato

I also saw some pretty cool Marvel Universe figures (yes, I know they're using a different name now, but I don't care, they're marvel universe) and there were two classic Beast figures (blue and gray) and one of two others in there... almost makes me wanna pull my MU stuff right back out.

JeyNyce

I want to start collecting again.  I want Rhino, Agent Venom, Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel and Captain America.

How much do these figures usually cost?

bat1987

Hasbro Marvel Legends are around 20$ I think. I order my stuff online so not sure how much the price would differ in store (guess it depends on the store and the figure).

Podmark

There's an idea, if any of you have good online stores you use to buy stuff maybe post it.
I probably buy a figure once or twice a year (most recent was a ML Archangel). Most purchases are in store, but I have ordered a couple things from Toys R Us.

I really want the ML Agent Venom. If I ever see that in a store it will be mine.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page