News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

3Dmaster

Started by 3dmaster, July 04, 2014, 01:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dmaster

:ff:   now this is a website i have not seen in a very long time.      :ff:   
is this still alive is the 3d modelers still making models for this game?

or do i need to start a 3D Revolution up in here because i am now back and for good.

Cyber Burn

Sweet! Let the 3D Revolution begin!

The Community is still very much alive, it's great to see another content creator return.

Outcast

Wow. Another familiar name i recognize from my collection of  :ff: stuff.

Well, i'd be interested to see something new from you. :cool:

I don't think there are any active meshers left but some people here use Blender and Nifskope to bring in all sorts of new stuff for the game.

3dmaster

ok guys what would you like to see .   give me a few ideas and i could come up with a few models tonight and have them ready maybe tonight.   what character would you like to see in the game other then what has already been done.     i still have a few old models laying around on my hard drives maybe revise a few but im not about taking models from 1 game and putting them in another anymore .  i learned a lot from that and i have become very good at modeling over the years and i know this will benefit the reborn community.     

spydermann93

If you wouldn't mind me making a suggestion, I would really like to see more characters from the "City of Heroes" genre done from the game, especially some of the Arachnos soldiers.  Heck, I would love to see ANYTHING City of Heroes made for Freedom Force (either version).

Spoiler

trebean

Wow, the community seems to be getting some comebacks from past members, while I may not know you due to just having been recently active I'm not entirely familiar with you, I look forward to seeing youand your work for the community  :D

3dmaster

Kenn

As one old-timer to another, welcome back.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

3dmaster

crimsonquill

Welcome back, 3Dmaster.  :thumbup:

As a huge fan of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, I'd love to see what you could do with the movie design of the Classic Sentinels..

I loved their new design and how they reworked their flight (VTOL engine in the chest) and offensive weaponry (mini-gun right hand and switchable to missiles or grapplers).

The Future Sentinels of the movie are awesome too.. but being all T-1000 morphy would probably be a huge task to make meshes from.

- CQ

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

trebean

I took a lot of thought in this one,
Swamp Thing!
New 52

Or Classic, works either way

BentonGrey

Ohh man, another of the old guard returns, how awesome is that?  Welcome back 3DMaster! :D  It is great to have a mesher return to the community!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

3dmaster

ok i need a little help i am running 3dsmax 2010/11/14     i need some plugins for import and export .  anyone have some good links.       i am way behind on my plugins lol

Cyber Burn

An actual Mesher (Tomato) would have to verify this, but I think the Plug-ins only work for 3ds Max 5 (or is it 6). I think there was an issue because support stopped for newer versions of Max.

3dmaster

Cyber Burn

I would definitely recommend talking to Tomato, I'm not a Mesher, so I could be way off base.

Tomato

*is summoned to thread*

Yeah, your best bet for meshing in Max is to use version 5.1 (6 can only use the FFv3R plugins, and 5 has a version of CS that is harder to deal with). There are some niftools plugins that can be used to import/export individual sections (shoulder pad, belts, etc.) But anything requiring keyframe attachment doesn't work well, IIRC.

Also, welcome back man. It's good to see you around.

Podmark

Good to see you again 3DMaster! Always great to see another long time member return. I hope you can figure out these Max issues.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Tomato on July 04, 2014, 10:55:50 PM
Yeah, your best bet for meshing in Max is to use version 5.1 (6 can only use the FFv3R plugins, and 5 has a version of CS that is harder to deal with). There are some niftools plugins that can be used to import/export individual sections (shoulder pad, belts, etc.) But anything requiring keyframe attachment doesn't work well, IIRC.

This would actually be really awesome, personally, there are a lot of times where I find myself struggling to find the right piece for a Skope. Having a Community member on board who could create those hard to find pieces, would be a major plus. It would help in the creation of a lot of Characters.

Could Tomato's suggestion be used to create "Static" Mesh pieces that could be used fro making FX?

BentonGrey

If you're looking for inspiration, I do have a list of TMNT characters that I'd love to see created!  My TMNT mod is waiting for me to return to it for another episode, and more characters would be an awesome bonus! :D
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=52739.0
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

Hey 3D...So good to see you return, welcome back!  My only suggestion would be to see a few more non-human creatures, D&D style beasts, aliens, etc...

Dana