Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 2

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 29, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: Glitch Girl on July 29, 2014, 03:35:45 AM
Spoiler
Send the shock infantry to the bottom since it does more damage.  Soldier on top.

Can I share this tidbit of information with the rest of the group?

"What seems to be the issue, my friend," asks Tempest as he freezes legions of troops with fury unmatched.

Spoiler
Funny how much of a bloodlust he gets in when around Voss and his buddies :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on July 29, 2014, 03:35:45 AM
Spoiler
Send the shock infantry to the bottom since it does more damage.  Soldier on top.

Can I share this tidbit of information with the rest of the group?

There is no restriction of information in this game between players, which is why I only use spoiler tags.  Feel free to plan things ahead, coordinate moves, check out each others cards and make suggestions, etc.

You draw

Spoiler

Throwing Knives:Equipment,Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.

It is now Tachyon's turn

HP: 22 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
In Play: Synaptic Inerruption
Spoiler

Synaptic Interruption:Ongoing,
Burst--If Tachyon would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, you may redirect that Damage to a Target of your choice and destroy this card.
Burst Count: 0
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Blinding Speed:One-Shot,
Burst--Destroy 1 Environment card or 1 Ongoing card.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

"He's about to send out another one of those soldiers," Wraith reports.  "Looks like the armor blocks standard projectiles, but not much else."
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Glitch Girl on July 29, 2014, 01:34:39 PM
"He's about to send out another one of those soldiers," Wraith reports.  "Looks like the armor blocks standard projectiles, but not much else."

"Well just grand.  That makes me useless against it, so it looks like the other flunkies are mine."
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

abenavides

"I can't seem to hurt any of them!"

Am I seeing this right?
I only have 1hp damage cards, which will do nothing.
I could use Synaptic to spare myself 3 dmg but it would kill something that comes back next turn anyway (so maybe hold on to it for now)

I could use Blinding Speed to destroy the Forced Deployment, but that's going away anyway
Unless anyone else wants me to so they can do tons of damage?

Otherwise, I may just use base power to chk next card

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Outcast

Quote from: abenavides on July 29, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
"I can't seem to hurt any of them!"

"Directly...it may seem you can't. But indirectly you and Tempest are the key to wiping most of these soldiers out. Not to mention wiping that smile off Voss' face."

"To quote Sun Tsu, "In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory. In all fights, use direct methods in battle, but use indirect methods to win the war. " "

"He also said, "Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.". (So i'd say destroy Voss' Lazarus machine, so we can go ahead and start cleaning house.) :P

(Even if he still has a spare Lazarus machine to resurrect his troops, as long as Wraith's one step ahead of him, we should have nothing to fear.)

abenavides

Sounds good to me.

"I'll use my Blinding Speed to stop his Forced Deployment!"

and then base power to check next card.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

"As long as Voss keeps setting them up, I'll just keep knocking them down."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Forced Deployment is destroyed.  It brings back the Psi-Weaver, which is the only minion in his trash.  You may now proceed killing things with impunity.

Next card is

Spoiler
Lightning Reflexes:One-Shot--You may play up to 2 cards now.

Draw it or discard it and draw the next.

spydermann93

Quick question about my hailstorm:

Does it automatically do two Cold Damage to all villains once every one of my turns or do I actively choose to use the Hail Storm any turn that I'd like?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 29, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

Does it automatically do two Cold Damage to all villains once every one of my turns or do I actively choose to use the Hail Storm any turn that I'd like?

It's a Power.  You may activate one power on each of your turns.  There are cards that can let you use powers outside of your own turn (Scholar has one, in fact) but unless a card specifically allows you to do so, you must wait for your own turn.  It's a really powerful one though.

While we're on the subject, you do get to decide the order in which mass damage things like hailstorm happens to hit things.  It will always try to optimize the order for you if you don't specific, but it is your choice.  In this case, if you hit the Guard first, you'd drop the armor on the all the rest before you start hitting them.  Fortunately the minion that's immune to cold isn't out yet.

spydermann93

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on July 29, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on July 29, 2014, 09:13:02 PM

It's a Power.  You may activate one power on each of your turns.  There are cards that can let you use powers outside of your own turn (Scholar has one, in fact) but unless a card specifically allows you to do so, you must wait for your own turn.  It's a really powerful one though.

While we're on the subject, you do get to decide the order in which mass damage things like hailstorm happens to hit things.  It will always try to optimize the order for you if you don't specific, but it is your choice.  In this case, if you hit the Guard first, you'd drop the armor on the all the rest before you start hitting them.  Fortunately the minion that's immune to cold isn't out yet.

Ah, that's really good to know, especially being able to choose the order.  Muahahaha!

"I am coming for you, Voss! You can count on it!"

Deaths Jester

(Okay so all we're waiting on is Tachyon to decide to draw or discard Lightning Reflexes, right?)

catwhowalksbyhimself

spydermann93

For a speedster, Tachyon sure takes a long time.

Spoiler
haha :P

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

It might help if Tempest goes ahead and decides his turn now, then I'll execute it as soon as Tachyon posts.

abenavides

Sorry about that, been traveling a lot recently.

Tachyon draws the card.
www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done and done.  It is now Tempest's turn.

Base Power: Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
In Play: Grievous Hail Storm

Spoiler

Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

spydermann93

I will play "Grievous Hailstorm" first, with the Guard being the first target, followed by the rest of the goons, followed by Voss himself. (MAXIMUM CARNAGE!)

I will then play "Electrical Storm" to set up for even more stormy goodness!

catwhowalksbyhimself

You hit the Guard for 1 hp damage, and the other minions for 2.  The Psi-Weavers are the only survivors with 1 hp.  Each minion gives Voss a DR(Damage Reduction) of two, so still takes no damage.

You draw

Spoiler
Reclaim from the Deep:One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.

It is now the Environment's turn

Cards in Play: None

Magalopolis plays Police Backup:At the end of the Environment turn, deal 1 Projectile Damage to the Villain Target with the highest HP. Whenever a Villain card would make a Player discard a card, destroy this card.

Police Backup shoots Voss for 0 damage.

This concludes Round 2.

EDIT: In case anyone's interested, I'm currently playing in another forum game that just started, playing as magical investigator Nightmist.  Our very own Uncle Yuan is in the same game playing archer/super analyst Parse.  You can find it here.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Err--sorry about the delay.  I forgot that I hadn't started Round 3 yet.

Although his troops swarm over the city, Voss is still not satisfied.  He called to his ships to rush down reinforcments quickly.  Anticipating the danger, Wraith, now scanning the battlefield with advanced headgear, warns Tachyon, who speed back to her lab in Freedom Tower, which the rest of the heroes switch in a desperate holding action.  Tachyon successfully jams the alien navigation signals, causing all but one troops ship to become lost.  A single squad of Psi Weavers is all that arrives.

Tempest continues to put his fury into the hailstorm.  As Wraith, Expatriette, and Scholar focus on holding their ground, one by one, the invaders fall to the city onlslaught, leaving the Psi Weavers and a very angry Voss.  In the meantime, the police have arrived on the scene and are now evacuating the area.  A few officers, either very brave or very foolish, are now taking potshots at Voss himself, to no effect.

Begin Round 3.

Effects in play:
All damage dealt to Voss reduced by 2 for every Minion in play.  Voss's current reduction is 2.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver 1hp

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry[/b:]This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver[/b:]This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals each Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard[/b:]Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver:This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Firesworn [/b:]This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer[/b:]This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: Police Backup

Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun, Flak Jacket
Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

HP: 23 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Better Living--The Scholar regains 1 hp.
In Play: Truth Seeker

Hand:
Spoiler

Alchemical Redirection: Ongoing--Redirect all Damage that would be deal to Hero Targets to The Scholar.
At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Flesh to IronOngoing, Elemental--At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Reduce Damage dealt to The Scholar by 2.
Know When to Turn Loose:One-Shot-Discard your hand. The Scholar deals 1 Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of cards discarded this way.
Mortal Form to Energy:Ongoing, Elemental-At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Whenever The Scholar regains HP, The Scholar also deals 1 Target that much Energy Damage.
Mortal Form to Energy:Ongoing, Elemental-At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Whenever The Scholar regains HP, The Scholar also deals 1 Target that much Energy Damage.
Proverbs and Axioms:One-Shot--Each Player draws 1 card. Each Hero Character card may either regain 2 HP or deal themselves 3 Psychic Damage and use a Power.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
"Get Out of the Way!":One-Shot--The Scholar deals each non-Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. Then, The Scholar regains X HP, where X = the number of Targets dealt Damage this way.

Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
In Play: Infrared Eyepiece
Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throwing Knives:Equipment,Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom.
Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Spoiler

Burst--If Tachyon would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, you may redirect that Damage to a Target of your choice and destroy this card.
Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler

Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.

Base Power: Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
In Play: Grievous Hail Storm, Electrical Storm

Spoiler

Reclaim from the Deep:One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

It is now Voss's turn.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver 1hp

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry[/b:]This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver[/b:]This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals each Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard[/b:]Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver:This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Firesworn [/b:]This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer[/b:]This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Voss plays Gene-Bound Soldier: 3hp--This cards is immune to Projectile Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

The Psi Weaver hits all heroes for 2 points of damage.  Wraith avoids this, receiving no damage thanks to Stealth.  Scholar is now at 21 hp.  Tempest, Tachyon, and Expat are now at 20.

The Soldier hits Wraith for 2 points of damage, putting her at 20 as well.

It is now Expatriette's turn.

HP: 20 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun, Flak Jacket
Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Hand:
Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Deaths Jester

I'll discard "Tactical Shotgun" from play along with "Assault Rifle" from my hand.  I'll then play "Quick Draw" to pull "Pride" from my deck and us it against the Psi-Weaver seeing as it's the only one that I can damage.    I'll then end my turn.

"Getting a little Pride-ful there aren't you, Voss?"

catwhowalksbyhimself

You actually can't discard things from in play or your hand unless a card in play specifically allows or requires it.  Besides, there's a very good reason why you might want as many guns in play as possible and there's no hand limit, nor is there a limit on number of cards in play.  You can't have two copies of the same "limited" card in play at the same time and that's it.

So with that in mind, neither card is discarded, but Pride still goes into play and is fired.  The Psi Weaver is destroyed.  I'm assuming you still want to draw a card, so here it is.  If that isn't what you intended, let me know and I can always retcon it.

Spoiler

Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of your deck. At the start of your turn, you may play an Ammo card.

It is now Scholar's turn

HP: 21 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Better Living--The Scholar regains 1 hp.
In Play: Truth Seeker

Hand:
Spoiler

Alchemical Redirection: Ongoing--Redirect all Damage that would be deal to Hero Targets to The Scholar.
At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Flesh to IronOngoing, Elemental--At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Reduce Damage dealt to The Scholar by 2.
Know When to Turn Loose:One-Shot-Discard your hand. The Scholar deals 1 Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of cards discarded this way.
Proverbs and Axioms:One-Shot--Each Player draws 1 card. Each Hero Character card may either regain 2 HP or deal themselves 3 Psychic Damage and use a Power.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
"Get Out of the Way!":One-Shot--The Scholar deals each non-Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. Then, The Scholar regains X HP, where X = the number of Targets dealt Damage this way.

Outcast

I'll play Mortal Form to Energy, then use the power from Truth Seeker to damage the last soldier standing and draw 1 card, then draw another card to end my turn.

"You'll soon have your chance at Voss, Tempest."

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal the soldier 2 points of damage.  It is now at 1 hp.  You draw

Spoiler

Grace Under Fire:One-Shot--The Scholar deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = the number of non-Hero Targets in play.

It is now Wraith's Turn

Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Cards in Play: Infrared Eyepiece
Spoiler
Infrared Eyepiece:Equipment--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.

Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom.
Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

I also made an error last turn.  Infrared Eyepiece causes you to draw another card.  Since I missed that, you may have it now.

Spoiler

Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.

Glitch Girl

Can I play Micro Targeting Computer and Throwing Knives this turn?  If not, I may rethink my move.
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

You may only play one card per turn unless another card gives you an additional play.

Glitch Girl

Wraith slips back into the shadows as she adjusts a small device on the side of her mask.

(I activate Micro Targeting Computer and Stealth )
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

MTC enters play and the next damage to you is reduced by 2.

You draw

Spoiler
Suture Self:One-Shot-The Wraith regains 3 HP.

It is now Tachyon's turn

Spoiler

Burst Count: 1
Hand
Spoiler