News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 2

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 29, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

As you have not yet used the power, it currently has no effect.  Powers are actions that must be used on your turn before they can do anything.  You may only use one, which can be difficult for heroes like Wraith, who can potentially have a lot.

So then, Shock Infantry hits Expat for 3.  Expat is now at 26 hp. 

Psi-Weaver hits everyone for 2.  Expat has 24 hp, Scholar 27, Wraith 24, Tachyon 25, and Tempest 24.

Firesworn hits Scholar for 2.  Scholar has 25.

Ion Lancer hits Wraith for 2.  Wraith has 22 hp.

I realize I made a mistake here as Scholar and Tachyon now are tied, so either could take the next Firesworn damage, but since he's already volunteer, Firesworn hits Schloar for 2.  Scholar has 23.  You all can change that later if you like.

It is now Expatriette's turn.

HP: 24
Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Quick DrawOne-Shot--Search your deck or trash for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Quick DrawOne-Shot--Search your deck or trash for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
Tactical ShotgunEquipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

You may play 1 card, use 1 power, then draw one card.  If you do not play a card or use a power, you may draw 2 cards instead.

Since you have a search card, here's what Pride and Prejudice look like.  They are not actually in your hand.

Spoiler
"Pride":Equipment,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If "Prejudice" is in play, you may use its Power. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.
"Prejudice":Equipment,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

I'll play Tactical Shotgun and use it against Psi-Weaver, draw a card and end my turn.

"Eat lead, you two-bit flunkie!"
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You hit the Psi-Weaver for 3 points of damage, destroying it.

You draw
Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

It is now Scholar's turn

HP: 23
Base Power: Better Living--The Scholar regains 1 hp.
In Play: None

Hand:
Spoiler

Alchemical Redirection: Ongoing--Redirect all Damage that would be deal to Hero Targets to The Scholar.
At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Know When to Hold Fast: One-Shot--Draw 5 cards.
Immediately end your turn.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.

Outcast

Well, it doesn't take a Scholar to know what that look from Wraith meant.

Yeah, i know we are not exactly chopped liver. Right now we are currently the Freedom Five, and the only ones standing in the way of these alien invaders. Mankind's last hope.

"Might as well go down fighting. Let's do this."

*and.....cue music theme of Guardian of the Galaxy movie* :P

Scholar plays Truth Seeker to try and deal some damage to Gene Bound Guard.

"Truth hurts doesn't it."  "Ok, maybe not so much."

(Scholar know his attacks aren't really fazing these soldiers thanks to that Gene Bound Guard minion. But at least he gets to draw a card and see what his other options are.)

Then use base power to heal 1hp. Then draw another card.

catwhowalksbyhimself

In order to draw an extra card, you must use the Truth Seeker's power.  Since you can only use 1 power per turn, you must choose either Truth Seeker or Better Living.  So either hit the Guard for 1 hp and draw a card, or heal by 1 hp.

Outcast

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal the Guard 1 damage.  It is now at 2 hp.  You draw

Spoiler

Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
"Get Out of the Way!":One-Shot--The Scholar deals each non-Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. Then, The Scholar regains X HP, where X = the number of Targets dealt Damage this way."

It is now Wraith's turn

HP: 22 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throat Jab: One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.
The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom.
Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

Glitch Girl

Still slightly sizzling from the jolt, Wraith charges forward and does a surprisingly quick strike to the Ion Lancer's throat. 

(I use Throat Jab.  If I can activate Stealth as well, I will since I'm not sure how One-Shots work vs powers.  Otherwise, just the Throat Jab)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

One shots are never powers.  Powers are always provided by Ongoings and Equipments and only when the text actually says "Power:"  Other equipments and Ongoings just have continuing effects.  Some have both powers and continuing effects.

Anyhow, the Ion Lancer takes one points of damage, reducing it to 2.  It cannot deal damage.  The next time damage would be dealt to you, it is reduced by 2.

You draw:

Spoiler
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.

It is now Tachyon's turn.

HP: 25 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Burst cards in trash: 0
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Blinding Speed:One-Shot,
Burst--Destroy 1 Environment card or 1 Ongoing card.
Synaptic Interruption:Ongoing,
Burst--If Tachyon would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, you may redirect that Damage to a Target of your choice and destroy this card.

abenavides

Tachyon unleashes Hypersonic assault and then uses her base power to check the next card.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I should point out that, due to the Guard still being alive, Hypersonic assault won't actually do anything.  All damage will be reduced to zero or less and because the unable to do damage effect only kicks in if they actually take damage, that doesn't kick in either.

You may, of course, still play the card if you wish.

abenavides

Oops, completely missed that line on the Guard.

Ok, in that ace, Tachyon will turn on synaptic interruption and check the next card with base power.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Top card is

Spoiler

HUD Goggles: Equipment,Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase.

Draw it or discard and draw the next.

abenavides

www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Okay--I did not expect that.  Extremely powerful card that.

Instead you draw
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.

Now it's time for the alien to get his revenge.  It is Tempest's turn.

Base Power: Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
Hand:
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

abenavides

Had an inkling to try on the goggles, but panicked and went digging for something huge. :)
You're right though, not knowing Tachyin's deck that well, I may have thrown the something huge away :(

Ah well, live and learn.
www.alexff.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Eh, it's a learning experience.  Should be fine without it and there is at least one more copy in the deck somewhere.

spydermann93

"VOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS!

How dare you attack my new home!?  Was Vognild Prime not enough to quench your thirst of blood, 'Conqueror?'  Where the deaths of millions of my OWN people not enough to appease your ravenous appetite?"

Voss does nothing but laugh at the puny Maerynian

"My people were a peaceful race, and you murdered them!  Thousands slaughtered by your hands each Lunar Cycle!  Thousands more enslaved and forced to turn on their families!  Youngspawn killed with no remorse! All in the name of your "glorious" empire.

Today, I shall avenge my people with a blistering cold that you have never seen! 

NOW, DEPTHSPAWN!  BREAK BENEATH THE ENDLESS TIDE!"

Knowing the strength of Voss' weapons and technology, Tempest decides that one of his "Squalls" would prove fruitless.

As such, Tempest puts all of his strength into a "Grievous Hail Storm" in an attempt to break the ranks of Voss' genetically enhanced legions.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal each minion 1 point of damage.

The Ion Lancer and the Guard have 1 hp, the rest have 2.

You draw

Spoiler

Into the Stratosphere:One-Shot--Select 1 non-indestructible Villain card in play, other than a Character card, and put it on top of the Villain deck.
Tempest deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage.

It is now Megalopolis's turn

Cards in Play: None

It plays Impending Casualty: At the start of the Environment turn, each Hero may destroy 1 of their Ongoing cards. This card deals any Hero that does not destroy an Ongoing card 3 Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Environment turn, 1 Player may discard 1 card to destroy this card.

Would someone like to discard a card from their hand to save the victim and destroy this card before it can go off?

spydermann93

Can any card be discarded or is it only an ongoing card?

If it's any card, I'll remove my "Into the Stratosphere" card.  For now, that card can't really do anything.

If it has to be an ongoing card, I'll have to see what my teammates say as I would like to save the "Electrical Storm" for when that pesky guard is finally dead :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Discard can be any card, of any type, currently in your hand.

If a card says destroy, it means any card in play, of any type.

So Stratosphere it is.  Impending Casualty is now destroyed.  This concludes Round 1.

Round 1 summary

Effects in play:
All damage dealt to villain targets reduced by 1
All damage dealt to Voss further reduced by 2 for every Minion in play.  Voss's current reduction is 9.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Shock Infantry 2hp
Gene-Bound Guard 1hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 2hp
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer 1hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 2hp

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry[/b:]This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver[/b:]This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals each Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard[/b:]Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Firesworn [/b:]This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer[/b:]This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: None

Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,

Hand:
Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Quick Draw[/b:]One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
Quick Draw[/b:]One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

HP: 23
In Play: Truth Seeker

Hand:
Spoiler

Alchemical Redirection: Ongoing--Redirect all Damage that would be deal to Hero Targets to The Scholar.
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
"Get Out of the Way!":One-Shot--The Scholar deals each non-Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. Then, The Scholar regains X HP, where X = the number of Targets dealt Damage this way.

Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Hand:
Spoiler

Draw a card.
Draw a card.
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.

HP: 25 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
In Play: Synaptic Inerruption
Spoiler

Synaptic Interruption:Ongoing,
Burst--If Tachyon would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, you may redirect that Damage to a Target of your choice and destroy this card.
Burst Count: 0
Hand
Spoiler

Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Blinding Speed:One-Shot,
Burst--Destroy 1 Environment card or 1 Ongoing card.

Base Power: Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
In Play: Grievous Hail Storm

Spoiler

Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

Round 2 will start shortly.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Gene-Bound warriors begin their assault.  The guards move in first, using their tough natural armor to protect the other.  Behind them, Ion trooper follow with their energy claws by the burning Firesworn and the robotic Psi-Weavers, their glowing brains the only thing left of the once great intellectual Plune race.  Worse of all are the shock troopers, Mynearians like Tempest, but twisted into something horrific, firing arcs of electricity.

One such blast knocks over the Scholars lawn chair.  Relunctantly, he rises, still in bath robe and swim trunks, and walks over to the nearest Guard, picking him up easily in one hand.  Ignoring the chaos around him, he begin firmly questioning the alien.

As this is going on, civilians continue to flee the scene.  One is not quite fast enough, almost getting hit in a Fireswarm's blast.  She is saved by a burst of air from Tempest, knocking her near the edge of the chaos.  He looks at the scene.  To his right, Expatriette has destroyed the walking frames of the Psi Weaver's brains, their braincases unharmed, but useless.  To his right, wraith has incompacited the Ion Lancers with a series of blows to their throats.  Right in front of him walk the twisted remains of his own people.  Seething in anger, he calls on the coldest of the arctic winds, pulling from the clouds a storm of hails which pelts Voss's forces mercilessly.

Well protected behind his soldiers, Voss simply smiles in amusement.

It is now Voss's turn.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Shock Infantry 2hp
Gene-Bound Guard 1hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 2hp 
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer 1hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 2hp

Voss plays Forced Deployment:Ongoing--When this card is destroyed, take all of the Minion cards from the Villain trash and put them into play.
At the start of the Villain turn, destroy this card.

Oh, I forgot to list a few effects for this turn.  Wraith has damage reduction and the Ion Lancer cannot do damage.

Shock Infantry hits Tachyon for 3. She now has 22 hp.  One Firesworn hits Expat and the other Tempest, leaving both at 22 hp as well.  There is now a four-way tie for lowest hp.

Wraith's DR remains in effect until she gets hit.  Using the power again will raise it to 4, but still only for the first hit taken.

To Explain forced deployment--it will basically bring back every minion killed so far.  Right now that's only the Psi-Weaver.  Anything you kill this turn will come right back at full hp next turn.  Anything you injure will stay injured, however.  That isn't a big factor though, since Tempest could use Hailstorm to kill them all by himself anyway.  (in the case of mass damage, the person dealing the damage decides the order, so first point of damage on the Guard, kill him.  No more armor, take out the rest.)

Anyhow, anything you take out now just comes back when Voss gets his turn or anything else destroys Forces Deployment, that's you bottom line.

With that out of the way, it is now Expat's turn.

Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,

Hand:
Spoiler

Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, forgot to add that Tachyon has the option to use Synatic Interruption to redirect the damage somewhere else.  If she does, anything she kills with it will come back again, and Voss won't take any damage.  It will save the team 3 points of damage though.  Up to you, but it might be more effective later.  I can redo the damage during a later player's turn, so we'll proceed with Expat's turn.

Deaths Jester

I'll play Flak Jacket and end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw

Spoiler

Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

It is now Scholar's turn

HP: 23 Highest Hero Target
In Play: Truth Seeker

Hand:
Spoiler

Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
"Get Out of the Way!":One-Shot--The Scholar deals each non-Hero Target 1 Fire Damage. Then, The Scholar regains X HP, where X = the number of Targets dealt Damage this way.

Outcast

The Scholar senses that Voss has something up his sleeve, and thinks it best not to be too hasty in attacking the already weakened Gene-Bound soldiers.

"All in due time." "Tachyon and Tempest should be able to handle them."

"Besides, i didn't realize i was still wearing my bath robe and swimming trunks when i got here. I'm really getting old for this hero stuff."  :doh:

The Scholar plays Knows When to Hold Fast. ( and while he's at it...he begins transmuting his clothes to become a little more presentable in front of the ladies...) ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw

Spoiler

Flesh to IronOngoing, Elemental--At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Reduce Damage dealt to The Scholar by 2.
Know When to Turn Loose:One-Shot-Discard your hand. The Scholar deals 1 Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of cards discarded this way.
Mortal Form to Energy:Ongoing, Elemental-At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Whenever The Scholar regains HP, The Scholar also deals 1 Target that much Energy Damage.
Mortal Form to Energy:Ongoing, Elemental-At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Whenever The Scholar regains HP, The Scholar also deals 1 Target that much Energy Damage.
Proverbs and Axioms:One-Shot--Each Player draws 1 card. Each Hero Character card may either regain 2 HP or deal themselves 3 Psychic Damage and use a Power.

Note that Elemental Forms are not limited.  You can have as many of each type as you like, so long as you can discard cards to keep them in play.  Yes multiple copies of the same ones stack, except for Mortal Form to Energy, which simply kicks in more than once.

And now it is Wraith's turn

Hand:
Spoiler

Draw a card.
Draw a card.

Glitch Girl

"What's he up to now," Wraith mutters to herself.  She reaches into her belt and pulls out a small lens and scans Voss with it.

(Using Infrared Eyepiece)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

The top two cars of Voss's deck are

Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry: 3hp--This card is immune to Lightning Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Soldier: 3hp--This cards is immune to Projectile Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage."

Choose one to go back on top of the deck (where Voss will play it next) and one to go on the bottom.

Glitch Girl

Spoiler
Send the shock infantry to the bottom since it does more damage.  Soldier on top.

Can I share this tidbit of information with the rest of the group?
-Glitch Girl