News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 2

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 29, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, we're back for another round of superhero card game awesomeness.  We'll make this easy this time.  If you want to play, just jump in and claim your hero.  We can take up to 5 players, so first five to jump in, whether you were in the last round or not.  First come, first served.

Claimed:
Death's Jester as Expatriette
Outcast as Scholar
Glitch Girl as Wraith
Abenavides as Tachyon
spydermann93 as Tempest

We have the 8 heroes from last time back again.  They are:

A soldier with a suit of military designed power armor, Bunker is a bit like Iron Man, only he can't fly and has a lot more guns.

Mistreated for the pair of wings she is gifted with, Fanatic has chosen to side with the angels--literally--in the fight against evil.  Holy warrior type powered by holy relics.

A gentile soul gifted with super strength, ancient warrior traditions, and immortality.  He's like the Hulk if the Hulk looked more like a normal person, was highly educated, and was an elementary school teacher for his day job.  Okay, he's nothing like Hulk, but he does like to smash.

From a long line of Legacies starting with the Revolutionary War, each generation of Persons have developed a new power and passing it and all previous ones on to the next.  The current Legacy possesses flight, super strength, durability, and danger sense.  His daughter has laser vision.  Yeah, he's like a hybrid of Captain America and Superman, but plays most like the former, inspiring his team mates to greatness.

Finding the staff of the Egyptian sun god Ra, a humble archeaologist uses it to transform into Ra, god of the sun!  Yeah, he's Thor with fire powers, basically.

By wait, there's more!  8 more heroes enter the fray.  The last 2 from the base game, the 2 extra heroes and 4 from the first two expansions.  They are:

A lab accident has turned him into a creature of frost and cold.  As his cryo suit and chamber is quite expensive, he is forced by the government to join the Freedom Five in exchange for being allowed to live.  He isn't terribly thrilled about it.  The most complex hero in the game, he relies on hurting himself to damage his enemies.

A powerful psychic from the future who has come to the past to save her younger self from the life of a lab rat that she suffered through.  Manipulates decks and offers buffs and debuffs rather that direct attacks.

A technopath who serves as Tachyon's lab assistant.  She builds an army of robots to assist her in battle.

An elderly blind mechanic who happens to be a master martial artist. Fixer gets only one power, but can modify it with various tool and style cards.

With the power of ancient magical instruments, he puts the power of music to use.  A total support hero who make his team mates a little more awesome.

Cursed into a form of mist and magic, this private eye uses powerful spells and ancient artifacts to take down the forces of darkness.  Another self damaging hero who can actually tank pretty well too.

That's it.  Claim your hero!
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

The mighty Legacy shall take to the streets again, to rid Rook City of its Criminal Corruption and Verminous Villainy! :minute:

Deaths Jester

I'll return but this time I think Expatriette deserves a chance on betting back the villainous hordes.  (And I'll try to make sure Reep gets to say his great one liner this time around because I think I understand Expat's "powers" a bit better.)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Outcast

Great set of new heroes there. :cool:

Well, i'm keeping my seat in the gaming table open, just in case other people would like to play as well. But should no one take the offer or you still lack another player, i'm just here. :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Eh, just jump in.  No reason to hold back.

Outcast

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 30, 2014, 05:20:29 AM
Eh, just jump in.  No reason to hold back.

Well alrighty then. I'll.....take....The Scholar. :)  (Being that he just wants to relax in his boat...but i guess duty (and the narrator) calls.)  The Scholar will answer the call this time.  :P

Now where did i put that philosopher stone of mine....don't want them to notice that my age is catching up to me now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

3 spots still open.  New players welcome.  No need to own the game or have played it before.  Just pick a hero that you like the looks of.

Glitch Girl

color me intrigued...

Is Wraith still available?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes.  I remove the pictures and descriptions of the characters from the first post as they are taken.  She's yours if you want her.

Glitch Girl

PM me a few details on the mechanics.  I haven't done many CCGs but I'm willing to learn.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Will do, it's really, REALLY  simple.

abenavides

I'll take Tachyon again, if she's still around.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Done and done.  That leaves one more seat open, although 4 is plenty enough players.  I'll start villain selection soon.  If anyone wants to claim that last seat, feel free.

Outcast

Uh...wasn't Legacy joining? What happened to the mighty Legacy?   :unsure:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on July 04, 2014, 09:25:08 AM
Reep had to cancel.

Wha?!?!?!  Blast it, and I owed him a top notch one liner too....

Glitch Girl

Okay making it official, I'll claim Wraith.  How many left to get?
-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Game needs between 3-5 players.  We have four.  I can take one more, but it isn't necessary.

I'll give you all a selection of villains and environments next, then it's off to defend the multverse!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Here are the villains I have selected for your pleasure.  There are more, but I picked mostly ones that were only moderate hard and ones that are interesting.

Fanatic's evil counterpart, who summons unholy relics and evil demons to destroy all that is good.

A malevolent entity form a dream dimesion, Gloomweaver has amassed an army of cultist and zombies dedicated to pulling him into the real world

Having conquered countless planets, enslaving their inhabitant and adding their power to his gene-bound armies, Grand Warlord Voss has come to Earth!

Once just a power automated robot factor, an error in the latest software upgrade gave Omnitron the gift of sapience.  Too bad it considers itself superior to those squishy organic things.

And here are a selection of enviroments to fight in.

Ruins of Atlantis.  Need I say more?

A strange magical dimension where the laws of physics are constantly in flux

The home city of Legacy and the Freedom Five.  A shining vast metropolis.

Rook City's famous chemical plant.  Any rumors as to strange experiments and mutated creatures is pure fiction, I promise.

My original plan was to fight Voss in Megalopolis, but you may choose any combination you like.  If anyone wants that last spot, now is the last chance to jump in and claim it.

spydermann93

Spoiler
Perhaps Voss is holding Legacy hostage in Megalopolis after Legacy tried to protect his hometown by himself, not actually realizing the true power that the Grand Warlord held? :P

Deaths Jester

I kinda like Gloomweaver as a villain and the environment as Megalopolis but that's just me...I'm cool with Voss and Megalopolis too.

Glitch Girl

Megalopolis sound good.  I kind of favor Omnitron, but Voss could work.
-Glitch Girl

abenavides

I'm ok with anything, but Megalapolis sounds cool. (and voss)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It looks like Megalopolis is going to be the environment.  I'll allow a bit more time for the villain, but everyone at least seems okay with Voss, so it will likely be him.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It looks like the heroes will face Voss in Megalopolis.  I'm waiting on something before I start, but we should be going within 24 hours.

spydermann93

Well, since it's Voss, I'll join in as "Tempest"

It will be a good Grudge Match :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is a quiet day in Megalopolis.  While Legacy and the other male members of the Freedom Five are away with an earthquake in Asia, Wraith and Tempest monitor the city from the Freedom Tower while installing some new security upgrades the two ladies have invented together.

The quiet sooner gives way to the loud roaring of engines from overhead.  The skies above the city are filled with unknown ships.  A hologram of a vast, ugly face hovers over the city.

"People of Earth.  I, the Grand Warlord Voss, conqueror of dozens of planets, lay claim to this place.  Surrender at once.  You cannot win.  To demonstrate my power, I will lay waste to this city.  Any resistance will be met with utter annihilation."

Several ships begin landing in the downtown area, landing ramps opening to disgorge aliens solders with apparently unrelated species.  Behind them, is the Grand Warlord himself.  As hundreds run screaming away from the approaching alien horde, a lone figure stands firm.  A figure who resembles many of the troopers currently disembarking from Voss's ships.

"What are you doing out of your troop, slave?"

"I am not your slave.  I escaped, as will these good creatures."

The warlord laughs.  "Do you, a single Maerynian, expect to stand against me alone where your entire people failed?"

"He is not alone, punk."

The noise of gunfire sounds from the left.  Voss's minion quickly close in to shield their leader as Expatriette makes her entrance.  A sleek black car shrieks to a stop to the other side, Wraith and Tachyon jumping out to join the others.

In the meantime, unnoticed in the confusion, an old, overweight man sleeps on a chair next to the nearby hotel pool, snoring quietly.

Begin Round 1

NOTE: there's a lot involved in the initial setup, so be patient.  Villain's first turn and round 1 summary may take a few to set up.  It's coming, though, promise.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Woo, finished!

Round 1 beginning summary

Effects in play:
All damage dealt to villain targets reduced by 1
All damage dealt to Voss further reduced by 2 for every Minion in play.  Voss's current reduction is 9.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Shock Infantry 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver 3hp Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Guard 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer 3hp  Lowest Villain Target

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry:This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver:This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals each Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard:Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Firesworn :This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer:This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: None

HP: 29 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Hand:
Spoiler

Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Quick Draw:One-Shot--Search your trash of your deck for either ""Pride"" or ""Prejudice"" and put it into play.
If you searched your deck, shuffle your deck.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

HP: 29 Highest Hero Target
Base Power: Better Living--The Scholar regains 1 hp.
In Play: None

Hand:
Spoiler

Alchemical Redirection: Ongoing--Redirect all Damage that would be deal to Hero Targets to The Scholar.
At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Know When to Hold Fast: One-Shot--Draw 5 cards.
Immediately end your turn.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.

HP: 26 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Hand:
Spoiler

Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Throat Jab: One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage.
The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom.
Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

HP: 27
Base Power: Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Burst Count: 0
Hand
Spoiler

Nimble Strike: One-Shot, Burst--"Tachyon deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage. You may draw a card.
Hypersonic Assault: One-Shot--"Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Sonic Damage.
Targets dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Blinding Speed:One-Shot,
Burst--Destroy 1 Environment card or 1 Ongoing card.
Synaptic Interruption:Ongoing,
Burst--If Tachyon would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, you may redirect that Damage to a Target of your choice and destroy this card.

HP: 26 Lowest Hero Target
Base Power: Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
Hand:
Spoiler

Aquatic Correspondence: One-Shot--Draw 3 cards.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.
Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

Alright, special rules for Voss:

Front side, his minions protect him by giving him 2 damage reduction each.  If he gets 10 or more out, he wins. Flips if he has no minions in play
Back side, starts attacking heroes directly.  Half protection from minions.  Flips back if 2 or more minions in play

It is now Voss's turn.

Side:Conquering Alien Warlord
HP: 90 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play:
Gene-Bound Shock Infantry 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver 3hp Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Guard 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Firesworn 3hp  Lowest Villain Target
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer 3hp  Lowest Villain Target

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Shock Infantry:This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver:This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals each Hero Target 2 Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard:Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Firesworn :This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer:This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Voss plays Gene-Bound Firesworn
Gene-Bound Firesworn :Minion, 3hp--This card is immune to Fire Damage.

Since the heroes are tied for lowest and highest hp, it's decision time!
Either Wraith or Tempest needs to take 2 Energy damage.  The damage is coming from a minion, not Voss, so no nemesis bonus if Tempest takes it.
Three different minions deal damage to the highest, which is tied between Expatriette and Scholar. Whoever does not take the first damage from the shock infantry will take both damages from the firesworn, so one of you takes 3 damage and the other 4.  Need to know who want to take the 4.

Outcast

"Ok, i'm up, i'm up. Talk about a rude awakening."

I'll take the 4 damage, makes sense since i was caught off guard sleeping.

*Looks at the looming alien invasion going on and mutters to himself*

"Oh boy, we're in for it now. Where is Legacy, Ra, and Haka when you need them."  :mellow:

Glad to have the new players Glitch Girl and Spyderman join in though. :thumbup:

Glitch Girl

Wraith flashes a quick "What are we, chopped liver?" look at Scholar before darting into the fray.

(Will my Stealth power reduce that energy damage to 0?  If so, I'll draw the fire, if not... I brace for impact.)

-Glitch Girl