News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Tomato's Mad Experiments 05-14-2013

Started by Tomato, October 01, 2011, 10:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I'm sure I've said this before, but I will say it again, "Mato, I sooo envy your toy collection.

Tomato

Wrote an article about buying figures if anyone is interested.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on June 15, 2013, 08:27:56 AM
Dude, I think everyone here is truly overestimating how worried I am about DJ breaking into my apartment.

For one thing, it's DJ. It's not like I'm being invaded by "the A team" here. I'd be more worried if a fruit fly was threatening to come in and knock down one of my displays. For another, in order to even GET to my room, he has to pass by my roommate's room... and DJ, if you can accomplish that without him just sitting on you and crushing your zombie bones, you can have my action figures.

Who said I wasn't "the A team"?!?!?!  I could be Mr. T with a wielder and some random pieces of metal that I turn into a giant bus or such....you never know.  And who said I'm going to use the front door...I could use a window...or a vent...oooohhh vents....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

k. have fun trying to find man sized vents that'll support your weight irl.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on June 19, 2013, 11:34:59 PM
k. have fun trying to find man sized vents that'll support your weight irl.

You don't even know how big or little I am...I could be a rail of a man who can contort into so many different shapes....course I think I'll take the windows though...they don't look like they have tomato sauce smeared on them.

Tomato

So, what started as a "oh, it would be cool if I got gifts for everyone in my brony group" kind of escalated out of all proportion, and now I have a sculpteo store selling 3d prints of Minecraft-esque ponies.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/s/tomatoisjp/main

Deaths Jester

You and your ponies....when are you going to grow up and start selling/giving away something useful...like booze or maybe some weed or such?  Huh?  HUH???

Tomato

Tomato

I've been slowly trying to build up my collection of decent 4" TDK figures, in preparation for Mattel's upcoming Tim Burton-era figures. But since most of Mattel's 4" movie figures are kinda... garbage, that means customizing most of them.

• Bane is just a simple repaint, as I felt the figure was the closer then some of mattel's other travesties. The Collar area is a bit cleaner than in the first picture (you can see much of the slop is gone in the second image)
  • Joker needed a bit more love, especially the version I had. The sculpt on the body was fine, but much of the outfit needed serious repainting and that head needed to go. I had the foresight to order a bunch of shrunken Movie Masters heads from Glassman Customs, but I had to go the additional mile and add in a brand new neck joint.
  • Ra's, Two-Face, and Scarecrow were all either nonexistent in the 4" line, or were such utter garbage that I decided not to even bother with the original figures at all. All three heads above are shrinks from Glassman Customs, and I'm currently waiting on suit bodies from Vortious Custom Accessories so I can finish work on them.

Tomato

Deaths Jester

More examples of how much time 'mato has on his hands.... :banghead:

Tomato

Tomato actually took a week off of work because he was getting so frustrated at being there every single day.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on November 21, 2013, 09:18:12 PM
Tomato actually took a week off of work because he was getting so frustrated at being there every single day.

Even worse...intentionally taking time off to putter around with one's toys is really horrid....wish I could take time off but I'd first need a job....

Podmark

I'm pretty impressed with how you customize your figures. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Wish I still had my old customs, or at least the pics I took of them. They weren't great, far from it, but they were mine. I envy what you are able to do with what you do.

Tomato

Honestly, it's a matter of practice at this point. I've gotten good at painting by doing all those mega bloks figures, and everything else was just figuring out what to do by trying to do it with tutorials.

Tomato

So I got the last of the actual figures I needed for my Justice League display... and while I normally confine my hobby to my tumblr nowadays, I'm just so proud of how this shelf came together I needed to show off here as well. I'm not quiiiiite done (no Lego Cyborg yet, and the Green Arrow one is a con exclusive) and I'm already contemplating a few changes here or there... but at the same time, I'm totally nerding out because it's all basically there!

Now, I'm off to consult with the Aquaman fanbase (IE: Benton) about what I should do concerning Aquamidget.

Outcast

Nice collection there of action figures.  :cool:

It's even awesome that you also have figures for the villains. :)

Deaths Jester

So bloody creepy...it's like their eyes follow you everywhere you look...make 'em stop, make 'em stop!!!

Podmark

Very cool...but aren't you missing a Green Arrow?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on May 16, 2014, 01:24:51 AM
Very cool...but aren't you missing a Green Arrow?

*cough*

Quote from: Tomato on May 15, 2014, 01:45:45 AM
So I got the last of the actual figures I needed for my Justice League display... (...) I'm not quiiiiite done (no Lego Cyborg yet, and the Green Arrow one is a con exclusive)

Anyway, I decided to play around with my camera's video feature a bit, so I made a quick video showing off my collection.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on May 21, 2014, 06:16:16 AM

Anyway, I decided to play around with my camera's video feature a bit, so I made a quick video showing off my collection.

Your really have too much time on your hands...shouldn't you be doing something else...like getting around to making a DJ inaction figure?!?!?!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

's ok. I honestly meant to respond to you much sooner about that, but I forgot... I tried to be a bit more concise when I was talking about it in the video

Podmark

Admittedly I'm pretty sure I just read through your post quickly then spent the rest of the time staring at the pic. It's a very impressive collection.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

'Mato, it looks really nice.  That's a cool collection.  I think your Aquaman is the right choice, vertically challenged or not.  He fits in with that classic looking version of the League, whereas Bearded Loser Aquaman wouldn't.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

No... but looking it over, I'm also not that impressed. The cheapest item in there is $25, and that's for a 2 inch high print. I have a few prints I've made about that size, and I will tell you, a 2 inch high print costs about 7-12 dollars. The price gouging there is absurd, particularly when many of those models are based on the work of someone else. And yes, I realize that's partly because they made a deal with Hasbro, but that doesn't make it better. Just go buy the blind bags or the funko stuff, it's all far cheaper, and faaaaar more durable.