News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZFX Lives

Started by abenavides, June 12, 2014, 11:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Thinking of doing a new EZFX release, so I'm starting this thread to see if a) there's any interest and b) if so, what FX to include.

I'm thinking primarily for FFv3R (the EZFX6 line), but if there's any people really want for FF, I'd consider a new version of the "5" line as well.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

I'd be VERY interested in this! (Primarily FFvtTR as it is lacking in comparison to FF's EZFX pack :P)

If I might recommend the FX from FRP2 to be included in the pack?

abenavides

I'd be happy to include anything as long as the creator(s) are ok with it.
I guess this thread could be a good place for them to give consent as well?
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

crimsonquill

I'm 100% interested in it.. and would be happy to throw suggestions into the hat. I know that I had a whole bunch of FXs that I skoped together (various thrown objects, bullets, arrows, and battle weapons) but they are buried on backup discs or in my FFvT3R notebook of ideas (so I could rebuild them if I ever needed to).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

spydermann93

I miss the thrown environment pieces from EZFX 5.0.

Oh, how I miss the ambulance/civilian throwing matches :P

Podmark

I'd be very happy to see this!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I would like to request the "Cap_Shield_AoX" FX by Hoss20, and the "Havok_Plasma_Blast" from Laughing Paradox.

trebean

More Lantern FXs for sure

Cyber Burn

Quote from: trebean on June 17, 2014, 06:24:38 AM
More Lantern FXs for sure

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Lantern FX are you thinking about?

trebean

A lot of Lantern FXs from EXFX5.0 still holds up to today's quality so those are a good start, there were some neat direct attacks there like summoning up a golem

Cyber Burn

If there is already something similar for  :ffvstr:, then I could probably alter it to make a Green Lantern FX.

Groucho

I would be sooooo happy if we could get all of the FX from the EZFX for the first FF in the version for FFvTTR!
I don't want to belong to any superhero group that would allow me as a member!

spydermann93

Quote from: Groucho on June 20, 2014, 02:23:29 PM
I would sooooo happy if we could get all of the FX from the EZFX for the first FF in the version for FFvTTR!

Now THAT would be a Christmas Miracle :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 12, 2014, 11:54:17 PM
I miss the thrown environment pieces from EZFX 5.0.

Oh, how I miss the ambulance/civilian throwing matches :P

If I'm reading things correctly, that should be doable.

trebean

I tried merging their dats once, the sounds dat merged okay but the fx dat didn't. But it still saved me half the time of inputting sounds for fxs so I agree that it is pretty doable (Merging EZFX FF to EZFX FFVTTR I mean)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: trebean on June 28, 2014, 05:21:39 AM
I tried merging their dats once, the sounds dat merged okay but the fx dat didn't. But it still saved me half the time of inputting sounds for fxs so I agree that it is pretty doable (Merging EZFX FF to EZFX FFVTTR I mean)

Sorry, I was actually referring to getting the actual FF Nif Files to play nice with FFvt3R.

Cyber Burn

I should specify that this is what I was referring to:

Quote from: Previsionary on May 26, 2013, 09:06:21 AM
explosive end/core nifs from FF1 have delay issues in FFVTTR. There's nothing to be done to fix it other than replacing the affected nif with an FFVTTR equivalent.

abenavides

Yep, as Cyber says, that's why you simply can't dump FF FX into FFv3R and have them work perfectly.

I ported some EZF5 fx into EZFx years ago by doing this, but it take a little effort.
I am looking to move over a large number of FX into the EZFX6 line for this update.

I am also doing some new fx myself for both the EZFX5 and EZFX6 lines.
And looking around for new fx.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

I've been busy on other FF things (REN/C6/JohnnyPatches pages, EZHero 3.5, JLA Mod, and some things I'm not ready to announce yet), but I do have an EZFX update.

I got in touch with Premonitioner via email re: some of his FX and he suggested I just go ahead and merge in all of PFX.

So that's now part of the plan for EZFX 6.1!

Summary of what I'm doing FX-wise

*EZFX 5.2 (for FF)
-Some new FX (a lot of new ones from me, but happy for others to jump in) I'd like to push the total to over 1,000 FX (so close now ...)
For my fx, I'm adding some that I did for FFv3R so that both EZFX versions will be kinda (not 100% but kinda) compatible. I do this because my next goal is revised hero recipes for both games.

EZFX 6.1 (for FFv3R)
- lots of new FX - starting with PFX integration, but adding some old faves from EZFX 5.1 , and maybe some new ones? (looking at you Cyber and Hoss20 :) ...)
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

If all goes well, I'm hoping to finish a bunch this weekend. Here's my tentative list:

Custom Shield FX that are being made for Skins by myself and Daglob (There's 11 or 12 here) which should work in both games.

An updated custom set of FX for "Captain America" (There will be 10 new FX here, I think) which have been tested in FFvt3R only. I just started these though.

Updated "Magneto" and "Pyro" custom FX sets (17 FX between these two) which have been tested in FFvt3R only.

The "Red Lantern" Blood Vomit Beam (2 Versions) which should work in both games.

A Sucker Dart FX which I made for the "Calvin" and "Hobbes" Meshes from RandomDays (This has only been tested in FFvt3R). But I want to update this before a public release.

Just out of curiosity, when are you looking to release these by?

abenavides

No rush at all, I did about 20 new fx for 5.2 (versions of my ffv3r ones) a few weeks back but haven't gotten back to them since.
I would think it'll be a few weeks still (summer holidays and stuff coming up) so probably August before any release.

If you have stuff you'd like included, just send it my way and I'll add it as I go.

www.alexff.com

hoss20

I'd be proud to have my stuff included. I only have a few, but I'm currently working on a Grapple FX since I use it all of the time and there isn't anything specifically made for the power. I am, however, having an issue with my grapple swap. I'm not sure what's going on as it has always worked fine before. If someone has this working properly, I could send it your way to test it fully.

BentonGrey

Yes, I'd be SUPER interested!  This would be a big help to mod-making.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Questions re: FFX and EZFX.

The planned versions of EZFX will be installed after FFX (as they have newer data).

For FF, it's pretty clear t me how this works. I will just make sure to merge in the latest FX.dat and Sounds.dat from FFX 2.6

For FFv3R, since FFX installs itself in its own "mod" folder, I just wanted to check -
Does FFX 3.3 install updated FX.dat and Sounds.dat files in BOTH the main "Data" folder AND "ffx3" folder?
I can make sure the newest EZFX does that too, if that's what it's doing.
www.alexff.com

Epimethee

Quote from: abenavides on July 09, 2014, 11:56:10 PM
Does FFX 3.3 install updated FX.dat and Sounds.dat files in BOTH the main "Data" folder AND "ffx3" folder?
No, in the FFX3 folder only. You can open ffx3setup.iss in a text editor to view what it does.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

abenavides

Thx!, I'll check it out.
www.alexff.com

Figure Fan

I think that adding more of the old Freedom Force FX into FFvsTR would be great, though some might have to be updated slightly, depending.

SickAlice

Eager for this. No suggestions really. Anything " more " is welcome. I was going to request Cyber Burn's FX be added but I see your already there so kewl.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on July 31, 2014, 06:02:54 PM
Eager for this. No suggestions really. Anything " more " is welcome. I was going to request Cyber Burn's FX be added but I see your already there so kewl.

Since I was never very happy with my original FX releases, I really want to re-do them. Not only do I want to (Hopefully) improve their quality, but I also want to try and make as many as possible be compatible with both FF Games. The big question is if I can do this in a timely manner.

SickAlice

Sure you can. Just apply " Tetris Logic ". Make a list and do anything similar at the same time (all skins at the same time, all models at the same time, all sloping at the same time, recycle as many things as possible, ect.). That's the method I use to get up on the 40+ item releases I do sometimes.