News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvelous Voices

Started by BentonGrey, June 07, 2014, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

So folks, I'm going to use this thread to try and find the right voice for the right character.  I've got CQ's awesome VPMAX voice pack, but that leaves me with an embarrassment of riches at times! ^_^  I'm hoping the community will help me make connections between certain characters and the right voices.  To start off with, what do y'all think would be best for:

• Volstagg, big, boisterous, and brash
  • Vindicator, Canadian hero/leader type
  • Avalanche, Greek bruiser
  • The Blob, heavy, dumb, mean
  • Blacklash, daring assassin
  • Mystique, sneaky and seductive
  • Unus the Untouchable, Italian thug and wrestler
  • Angel, high flying mutant daredevil
  • Kitty Pryde, plucky girl X-Man
  • Hercules, brash, bold, brawler

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 07, 2014, 05:28:50 PM

• Volstagg, big, boisterous, and brash
  • Vindicator, Canadian hero/leader type
  • Avalanche, Greek bruiser
  • The Blob, heavy, dumb, mean
  • Blacklash, daring assassin
  • Mystique, sneaky and seductive
  • Unus the Untouchable, Italian thug and wrestler
  • Angel, high flying mutant daredevil
  • Kitty Pryde, plucky girl X-Man

Blob has a voicepack in VPMAX (I believe Sledge added it in my last few updates) which was sampled from X-Men Legends 2, I believe.

Avalanche always seemed like a quiet tough brute who only spoke when needed.. so I personally used the Thug or Hitman voices. I'm looking for perfect fit from other games since even his Wolverine And The X-Men cartoon character didn't talk much at all.

Kitty Pryde.. I just use a more generic version of Magma from X-Men Legends (also in Sledge's packs)

Angel.. I use a generic Superman from Sledge's DC packs, now Archangel is a challenge.. cause I keep thinking his voice would have an otherworldly sound. I made a more generic version of Tombstone for him.

Unus.. uhhmmm.. never really had a voice pack in mind.. I figured he would be cocky and letting his powers go to his head. I'll have to think about that one.

Mystique.. I have no specific voice pack for her and keep thinking I'd sample her voice from cartoons eventually.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

Quote from: crimsonquill on June 07, 2014, 11:20:36 PM
Blob has a voicepack in VPMAX (I believe Sledge added it in my last few updates) which was sampled from X-Men Legends 2, I believe.

Avalanche always seemed like a quiet tough brute who only spoke when needed.. so I personally used the Thug or Hitman voices. I'm looking for perfect fit from other games since even his Wolverine And The X-Men cartoon character didn't talk much at all.

Kitty Pryde.. I just use a more generic version of Magma from X-Men Legends (also in Sledge's packs)

Angel.. I use a generic Superman from Sledge's DC packs, now Archangel is a challenge.. cause I keep thinking his voice would have an otherworldly sound. I made a more generic version of Tombstone for him.

Unus.. uhhmmm.. never really had a voice pack in mind.. I figured he would be cocky and letting his powers go to his head. I'll have to think about that one.

Mystique.. I have no specific voice pack for her and keep thinking I'd sample her voice from cartoons eventually.

- CQ

Ahh, I don't seem to have that Blob pack in VPMAX.  Where could I find it?  I've got 1-5b, but I don't have a Blob in any of them.

Great suggestions, CQ.  I think those will suit these guys well.

Let me know if you have any brainwaves about Mystique and Unus.

Where can I find Sledgehammer's packs these days?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 08, 2014, 04:54:54 AM
Ahh, I don't seem to have that Blob pack in VPMAX.  Where could I find it?  I've got 1-5b, but I don't have a Blob in any of them.

Great suggestions, CQ.  I think those will suit these guys well.

Let me know if you have any brainwaves about Mystique and Unus.

Where can I find Sledgehammer's packs these days?

Crap, maybe I had planned for the introduction of Sledge's last packs he sent me to show up in VPMAX 2.0 before I kept getting a loop of one delay after another. Well, I assure you that he is coming along with many others in my next update. Maybe I might do a 1.6 just to get those out. Let's see.. what new packs had Sledge sent me and have saved in my VPMAX update file... sh_Blob, sh_Blink, sh_Black_Canary, sh_Flash, sh_Supergirl, sh_Zatanna, sh_Hawkgirl, sh_Green_Arrow, sh_Martain_Manhunter, and.. oh yeah.. apparently did I have one.. sh_Mystique.

Sledge's website and voice packs apparently permanently vanished with the web ether when Google erased it's web hosting. I thankfully had contact with him via email so all of his work he had sent me was still safe to be recovered. I have not heard a word from him since a few years ago. I'm pretty sure life got in the way of his modding hobbies and couldn't get back in time to save the site or backup his work on a yahoo group.

As far as Mystique, I apparently had a pack sent to me by Sledge I forgot about.. and they are ALL sampled from X-Men Legends I & II. Unus.. I think had an appearance in X-Men Legends II but it was more of a proto-soldier of Apocalypse with a few lines.. not enough to build a pack from.

- CQ

BentonGrey

I'm glad you've managed to save all of those things, CQ!  I'll eagerly wait VPMAX 2.0 or a small update, then. :)

What do you think might work well for Hercules?
God Bless

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 09, 2014, 12:52:11 AM
What do you think might work well for Hercules?

Mmmmm... I'd think a more gruff warrior voice.. now that The Rock has played Herc in a movie I'm kinda stuck with hearing his voice now when I read old Avengers comics. Plus if The Rock did play a live action Marvel hero.. Hercules would be at the top of the list. As far as a voice pack, I'm kinda stumped.. since there isn't many existing voice packs that are close to what I imagine Herc sounding like. Might have to think about this one.

I'm going through voice samples from Destroy All Humans 2.. and trying to figure out which Marvel characters would need a British accent. Captain Britain is expected to have a more of a British Businessman demeanor with some anger issues (he has a drinking problem) so I keep going with the British Cop voice from the game. I wasn't very thrilled with the Lego Marvel version of Captain Britain's voice which made him sound more like a butler then a superhero.

- CQ

ELECTR0

Would Legionnaire work for Avalanche?