Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

What's your installation directory?

I might be able to edit one locally for you.

spydermann93

Ok, so I think I saw your directory in your post.

I'm not sure which is correct, but download the one that is correct and put it in your :ffvstr: directory.

C:\GOG\Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p2ncloirrhoymmz/ffxedit2-1.zip/file

C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p27huvreuep437t/ffxedit2-2.zip/file

If neither of these are right, lemme know what your :ffvstr: path is so I can correct them.

SickAlice

Same directory yeah, I typically keep FF games in their native for the obvious reasons. And thank you, either or works. So what was your method just for my knowledge. I figure I skipped some important basic Hex step here, again it's been so long. Feels like as like as DOS.

Maybe an idea that Alex here host that patch on his site. Most people are going to have the same directory as it is.

Going to ask while I'm here if there's a straightforward tutorial for scripting. Say I'll want to know how to futz with the summoner, amalgam and or driver attributes (I don't know if driver summons a vehicle or not). I have an idea of some things I think would add comic book type functionality to the game that we're otherwise missing.

spydermann93

1) So is it working for you now? If not, lemme know.

2) When I opened ffxedit2.exe in HxD, I searched for the third entry of "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom". On the right-hand side, in the "Decoded Text" column, I replaced this

C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich.....r

C:\GOG\Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich..........................r

I made sure to type my path in the "Decoded Text" column and and anything that wasn't needed after my path in the Offset block in the middle column, I replaced with "00" up to the "72" (the "r" in the "Decoded Text" column). That's what is sounds like you did, but I'm not sure what went wrong. Perhaps you added some bytes by accident?

3) In your "ffx3\manual" folder, open up the "Index.html". That has a guide on every attribute added through FFX3.3. It should guide you on how to make the changes you want. The FFX Control Centre (ffxedit2) will allow you to modify some attributes, but others you'll have to open your "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffxcustom.py" or "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffxcustom2.py" file to add entries manually. Once you get the process down, it definitely gets easier.

I do recommend using Notepad++ if you don't have it already. It's a great (free) tool that helps modifying text and python files a lot.

If you're asking how to change the actual code for Summoner, etc., and not just modify a character's use of it, that might take some more python know-how than I can readily provide. The code for the attribute should be located in "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffx.py"

SickAlice

Your files work yes, either or. I didn't add the additional ".'s" That's what I missed.

abenavides

Just a quick note - have updated the look of the site. It's been the same for years now so I thought I'd make a change. Nothing radical, just color, fonts, and the layout of the toolbar. May make other changes in the future, but this will do for now. Hoping to have some more content soon.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

As part of my ongoing quest to organize my Freedom Force files, I'm posting a bunch of 15 meshes/skins by resident artist - Interceptor. All of these should work in FF or FFv3R. I have been going through all existing meshes on my site to make sure they work for both games, including conversions when needed.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

WyldFyre

Yay! I don't have to worry about Interceptor in the museum. You've got it covered.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Quote from: WyldFyre on November 29, 2021, 11:54:53 AM
Yay! I don't have to worry about Interceptor in the museum. You've got it covered.

Love what you're doing with the museum, WF. and yeah, I still have plenty to post for my resident artists.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

As many in the Freedom Force community know, we sadly lost resident Fortress artist and all-around wonderful guy DaGlob earlier this year. DG was a source of not only great content for the FF games as you can see on this very site, but also a font of comics knowledge and genuine good will. He always went out of his way to help others, including me. Whether it was tracking down that elusive skin or mesh or just answering questions about the game. I still remember asking him to be a resident artist. He was surprised that I was interested as he tended to focus on obscure characters from yesteryear rather than those from the big 2 comics publishers. I explained that's why I loved his stuff. His enthusiasm and knowledge just leaped out at you.

I still have items of his to post and will continue to add to his gallery here. I managed to find an FF-version of his Spider-Girl Arana, so I've updated that file so it works for both games. I've also added Claude Raines as the Phantom of the Opera, Spider-Girl, 2 versions of the Werwolf of London, TM Man-Bot X, Green Goblynne, Granny Goodness (thanks for making a FFv3r version, Randomdays), Airboy, Cobra Commander, an armed Sailor, and Tarzan with abs. Thanks for everything, DG.

www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

Alex, I'm very glad you've found more of our friend's work!  Thank you for helping to preserve his legacy.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cranlox

I am going to separate and pass you things that DaGlob did for me because I had asked him for help in various characters.

WyldFyre

Thank you for these Alex. I miss Bill's knowledge and helpfulness every day. I'm glad to see his works still popping up.
For Freedom!

Jimaras8

Due to health issues i havent been able to visit this forum as much as i would want to this past year so i only recently found out about Daglob. I'm so sad to hear it and he has always been a force of kindness and putting aisde his own problem to help others. May he rest in peace

SickAlice

If I could bug someone here, everyone seems to have this down. So FFX for GOG (Win10 x64).
All installed in the proper order and that ffxedit2 patch as well.
It's been awhile and I was on XP back then so some of this was different.
My only icon present is a shortcut to Play FFX.
It leads to nowhere and there is no FFX.exe in the installation directory.
Clicking error prompts and asks me to located ffvt3r.exe
Doing so of course just plays standard  :ffvstr:, not FFX.
What am I missing?

spydermann93

Ok, so apparently I cannot post any file directories since they give me a server error when posting, so here's a screenshot of my post:

SickAlice

Start in line was identical to Target line sans exe. I change it match yours and added the last two lines. I have the ffvt3r.exe and in it's proper directory,  :ffvstr: works the same always. But Freedom Force X isn't opening at all, it just opens into regular  :ffvstr:, like without any modification, new attributes and so forth. Noting that options Data Folder and Customizations are also blank when it runs, I know that should look different.

*edit: You got me thinking about something by mentioning paths. I remember having a problem where the FFEdit paths where messed up. Screenshot as well then. This doesn't look right at all does it?

oktokels

Quote from: SickAlice on May 23, 2022, 08:14:27 PMThis doesn't look right at all does it?

FFEdit uses those paths to know where to look for the .dat files to modify.
The path for the game exe and the level editor exe are in the main game folder.
The primary path should point to the mod you want to modify, that mod can be the container folder of ffx3 or any other you have.
Once you indicate the paths for the primary, the nifs library (art folder) and the sound library (sound folder), the tabs available in FFEdit will be activated for you to be able to modify attributes.dat, characters.dat, fx.dat, powers.dat, res.dat (resources) and sounds.dat.

Mostly i use FFEdit to add, delete or modify the fxs in the fx tab. And the resources tab, to add fxs for use in the control center (attributes fxs: metal eatr, accidental change, etc)

bearded

SickAlice

oktokels: I know those what are used for. That's why I brought it up but thanks.

bearded: Thanks, that's what I thought.

Still nothing. I run ffxedit2. Click the Play FFX 3 shortcut. The game is still normal, no FFX stuff. ffxedit2 values are still blank.

spydermann93

Can you post a screenshot of the properties of your ffx3 shortcut? I'm thinking it's something with that or FFX3 wasn't installed properly.

And yeah, as for your FFEdit paths, it should be ffvt3rInstallPath\Data or ffv3trInstallPath\modName

oktokels

Yeah, it sounds like a problem with the shortcut paths, check that any commas or symbols are not misplaced

SickAlice

Should I be assigning a secondary path related to FFX in the edit? It's been a long time and installation on this OS is just weird.

spydermann93: Here. It's a patched file, you actually sent this to me earlier in this thread.

spydermann93

Ahhh, I think I see what the issue is.

It looks like you double-layered FFX3 into your ffx3 folder. You see how you have an ffx3 folder in your ffx3 folder? That shouldn't be the case.

Basically everything in that ffx3 folder there should be moved up to your Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich folder.

You'll see in my data folder I have an ffx3 folder as well as ffxedit2.exe

Spoiler

and here's what my ffx3 folder looks like; you'll see no extra ffx3 folder in there

Spoiler

spydermann93

Here's another pic to try and visualize what I mean:

SickAlice

spydermann93: Wow, I'm an idiot. And I was looking right at it. It must be the stress, yeah that's it.  :doh: Thanks, you're the best. If you need any requests done or whatever let me know. I manage to fix my server today.

spydermann93

SickAlice

spydermann93: And I laughed at myself which is good. I was having a tough day. Thanks again for all the help (I was looking right at it lol!).

abenavides

As I started posting this update, I realized my site is now in its 20th year! Never would have predicted that when I posted a few hero files way back then. Thanks to the artists and fans who still drop by.

This update has some skins from my archives (my slowly-getting-organized hard drive) by Saracen, including the complete classic Royal Flush gang!

But wait! There's more ... I finally get around to posting some of my own skins and mesh skopes. I don't consider myself an artist but I did pick up some Photoshop and skoping skills over the years. Some of these have been on my hard drive for over a decade, just never got around to releasing them. I do have some others I need to clean up a bit, so there will be more eventually. For now, I'm starting with skins for Amazing Grace, Desaad, Etrigan (updated for Ink's mesh), and a Psycho-Pirate 2pack. For meshes, I have a classic Aquaman skope and a Kyle Rayner skope (with C6 skins) .

www.alexff.com