Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Thanks DG, I was worried something worse had happened or that we would have to start dling and backing up the site. While rough, comp troubles are the best possible problems.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

SickAlice

@abenavides:

Been awhile since I popped in at Alexsff. PC got wiped out and wanted to thank you for having all the set-up stuff nice, neat and handy. Saved me a lot of time and I'm back up to making stuff already. I really like the  :ffvstr: tool installer, this was my first time using that one. Not a pertinent request mind you but is their anyway to make a nif converter without dot.net? I can just as well convert my stuff through Blender but I miss the convenience of that program. Problem is 8.1 has compatibility issues with dot.net. Like I said not a pressing thing but just in the event you can. Thanks again for the great long standing site Alex, don't know where we would be without you.

*edit: Actually nvmd, I got it working. The trick is to copy over all the needed files into the program directory.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on March 13, 2017, 03:40:32 AM
I have been e-mailing him, last time I got a response was Friday. He mentioned recently that he, too, was having computer trouble. Hopefully he has enough stuff now for an update...

He has a fair amount of my crap I sent him recently.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

John Jr.

Hey, Kenn! Great to see you!
So, we'll get new stuff from you? Great news. Looks like this will be a great anniversary.

abenavides

Oops, forgot where to promote releases, it's been so long!
Anyway, EZFX 6.1 now available at my site.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Jimaras8

Thats amazing alex, right in time for some new hero files. Do i have to merge the dats to ensure the existing fx i have made will be maintained?

abenavides

Yes, as always, if you have manually installed FX, backup your fx.dat and sounds.dat files before installing.
and them merge them back in using ffedit.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

Sorry I didn't get to finish up those last few FX/sound combos Alex, maybe for the next release?  :lol:

BentonGrey

Awesome!  I can't wait to check this out!  Thanks for creating more amazing content for us, Alex!  :thumbup: :thumbup:  Also, I love the big, extensive reference for it.  That's going to be handy!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

No worries, Cyber. Definitely can include in an update!

Benton - glad you like the update. Hopefully useful to you. I started doing it 4 years so I would have more stuff to use in mods myself.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Yes, I have now doubled the number of 2019 updates.
First, a minor (but useful) change to the site. The EZ Search feature now appears right at the top of all Skins & Meshes pages, saving you clicks if you're looking for something.

Alex's Atlas has 49 new map entries: including the 4 "blank" terrains from the original Freedom Force game (they came with the original FF editor) and all the FFv3R maps! It's just one long page with pics right now, but hope to make it filterable soon.

And finally, more offerings from our resident artists:
- A sweet new Wonder Woman mesh and 5-skin pack from DaGlob

- Still cleaning out my folders all these years later. Here are 11 more meshes and 24 keyframes files by Beyonder.

- Two more skins by Courtnall6

- Two meshes by Renegade (with skins by Courtnall6)

get it all at http://alexff.com
www.alexff.com

abenavides

Probably been years since I did 3 updates in a month but here we are! First up, more works by our resident artists!

Ten more from the very prolific DaGlob!

Three more classic meshes released from Renegade's Toybox

But wait ! There's more! The first new EZ Hero in 4 years!
This new 4.0 version adds some significant new features:
NIF Convert - yes, you can now convert a mesh from FF to FFv3R format directly in EZ Hero. It leaves your old mesh as a backup (renamed with an "ff_" prefix). It does not require NET framework to be installed and also supports stumpy's lighting fix as an option

Mesh Install - instantly install a mesh to the right folder! Great for newbs or lazy people like me! Select a mesh to install with the button or, EVEN  BETTER, just drag and drop a mesh (or multiple meshes at once!) onto the EZ Hero screen to get them all installed. EZ Hero will warn you if a mesh folder already exists. Also, for mesh archives that have FF and FFv3R files in them - it will even install only the ones you need for the game you have listed in your settings. Check out the EZ Hero page for more info! NOTE: The vast majority (I'd guess 90-95%) of mesh archives will work but those that use uncommon folder structures or multi-packs won't. Always have backups!
www.alexff.com

daglob

BentonGrey

This is great news, with EZHero 4!  Great work, Alex!

Also, I just love the pose of the nearly naked guy in Daglob's new additions!  That's hilarious!  :lol:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Podmark

Wow those are some crazy new features on the new EZ Hero! Very cool Alex!

There's a man on top of that ape!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Quote from: Podmark on May 24, 2020, 12:33:37 AM
Wow those are some crazy new features on the new EZ Hero! Very cool Alex!

There's a man on top of that ape!

That's Mr. Freek and Bruto.

naitvalis

Well this is unexpected after all these years an update to EZ Hero! Thank you Alex!
Also Daglob continue to impress me with his almost infinite knowledge of the comics world.

daglob

Quote from: naitvalis on May 24, 2020, 08:17:22 AM
Well this is unexpected after all these years an update to EZ Hero! Thank you Alex!
Also Daglob continue to impress me with his almost infinite knowledge of the comics world.

Naaah, I've just been here for a lot of it.

detourne_me

That new EZHero sounds amazing... really tempting me to get back into the game.

WyldFyre

Whoah! Start getting back in the game and here is a TON of updates from Alex!  Banner day!  Thanks for all the toys.
For Freedom!

windblown

Quote from: daglob on May 24, 2020, 01:47:11 AM
That's Mr. Freek and Bruto.

Those are my favorites of this bunch! Very cool :thumbup:

Quote from: detourne_me on May 24, 2020, 07:35:04 PM
That new EZHero sounds amazing... really tempting me to get back into the game.

Pleeease!  :D

DoctorRuina

SickAlice

Great job on that new version of EZ Hero. Very robust yet streamlined, I like it lots.

abenavides

Thx! I spent a little time thinking what I could do to make it very fast to use when converting stuff. So I designed it that way,
www.alexff.com

DoctorRuina

An update of EzHero! That is a great new! Thanks Abenavides!

abenavides

With summer coming up, I'm back with another Fortress update! For starters, I've added a little slide show of Freedom Force pics at the top of this homepage. Will add more pics in the future as this initial attempt was just a quick test of some code .

Also in this update, I post more classic stuff from Renegade's Toybox!

And finally, I've created a new version of the FF Classic Mod, the first one since 2016! Version 5 has a number of changes, including:
Fix for missing truck error in mission 4
Fix for crash in mission 5 when Nick speaks and for clicking on "dead" Nick
Fix for turrets in mission 4
Fix for some missing caption text
Adjusted Mission1 point awards so MinuteMan can purchase power in mission 2 tutorial (FFv3R has different pt calculations than FF, which causes a problem)
Added the original menu screens from FF
Added the opening Irrational animation (Sea Urchin) from FF
Added the credits from FF
Added the start intro from FF
Relabeled TEAM button to TRAIN and RUMBLE ROOM to DANGER ROOM
New, cleaner launch shortcut

There are likely still bugs left to find, but this version is much closer to the classic FF experience. Grab it on the MODS page!

www.alexff.com

detourne_me

BentonGrey

God Bless

abenavides

Thx guys!

Benton, the new launch method I'm using might be interesting to you. It avoids false anti-virus reports and that dosbox message when launching . I'm using a very simple vbscript . I will eventually update all my mods to use it.

Let me know if you need any help trying it out for your stuff.
www.alexff.com