Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Podmark

This is really great Alex. Thanks for doing all this!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Epimethee

Just... Wow. :D

Note: You might want to post a recap of all these amazing releases in the Releases forum, to give them additional visibility.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Starman

Great update & I haven't seen most of the JP skopes before  :thumbup:

abenavides

Been tied up with lots of traveling lately (work and vacation).
Driving to Boston for the weekend in about 5 minutes.

So that's why haven't updated recently.
Lots of stuff in the works, though. Hopefully when I'm back next week!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Epimethee

BentonGrey

Yep, no worries man!  We're glad for all of the stuff you're doing!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Not sure if anybody noticed, but Alex has added a bar to the content pages stating how many items are on each page.

For example, C6 has 582 skins currently being hosted at the Freedom Fortress!  WOW!

Kenn also has 324 skopes and skins on the site! DOUBLE WOW!

abenavides

Thx, forgot to mention that. It's a benefit of moving all my skin and mesh pages to use EZ Search ™ to generate themselves. I got rid of 22 separate pages and now there's just one that gives you the info for what you need.

It also allows you to filter each of them, so I can see how many DC skins C6 has for example.
www.alexff.com

ElijahSnowFan

Hi, Alex! (Or anyone who might be able to answer this question.)

So, I've been around here for 10 years now, and I totally have a question about EZHero and Herofiles that I've been embarrassed to ask for years because it seems like I should be able to figure it out, but I just haven't been able to come up an answer.

Hopefully, Alex or someone can help me?

But my question has to do with the AI pulldown in EZHero, with CThugBat and CThugGun and CGenericHero, so on and so forth. And yes, this question is so basic, it's embarrassing to ask, but here it is:

Does anyone, Alex or anyone else who might know, know exactly which of those choices work, if any, if you select them?

Is there something more I have to do to enable custom characters to use them, other than select them and save the Herofile and run the Control Centre, like adjust something in a python file, which I know how to do?

I ask because I know, from reading the FFX Manual, that the AIs make the characters behave differently, and it's obvious from the built-in characters what they do, for characters like, say, the Darkmen or Bullet, etc. But for whatever reason, I have never been able to make use of that feature -- I select one, but it always seems like it doesn't save in the Herofile. The only one that appears to save is CGenericHero.

So, again, I'm really sorry if that's a stupid question -- it feels like it is something I should have been able to figure out, but I just haven't been able to do so and I just don't know where to go next to try to figure it out.

If anyone can help, you will have my total gratitude!

spydermann93

It's not a stupid question at all, mate.  There really isn't much of anything in-game or on any sites that explain it.  However, in FFEdit, if you click "Help" and go to "Contents," it will bring up a really helpful documentation of the tool.  After browsing around for a while, I found an AI documentation that explains them all.

I uploaded it for you: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kw117wa3kzc00yf/AIs.doc

I hope this helps you out :)

Jimaras8

Alex i am a little late for the party but i found out about your site update and man i want to raise a statue in your name. The preview pics for the skins and meshes are so helpful i wanna cry  :D  :D. I used to download every single mesh and copy it to the game folder so i can see it with character tool. No more of this now. Thx man we owe you much.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 14, 2014, 07:28:49 PM
It's not a stupid question at all, mate.  There really isn't much of anything in-game or on any sites that explain it.  However, in FFEdit, if you click "Help" and go to "Contents," it will bring up a really helpful documentation of the tool.  After browsing around for a while, I found an AI documentation that explains them all.

I uploaded it for you: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kw117wa3kzc00yf/AIs.doc

I hope this helps you out :)

Thanks for taking the time to do that, Spyder! I appreciate it!

I've seen that documentation before, years ago, but one thing I may have read over back then might be more relevant than I realized. For anyone who might have read it, is it saying that where the power is slotted, and what kind, has to match what the AI has, no matter what?

For instance, if you select the Darkman AI, then you have to have a cloaking power in a specific slot?

spydermann93

Quote from: ElijahSnowFan on August 16, 2014, 01:52:18 PMFor instance, if you select the Darkman AI, then you have to have a cloaking power in a specific slot?

I believe so, yes.

I'm sure that if you look at the minions in FFEdit, you can see exactly where the powers would go.

abenavides

The long-awaited August update is finally here! and it's a big one ...

Let's start off with the big news. The Fortress is very happy to welcome our first new artist in years - DaGlob!
And he gets off to a fantastic start with 21 impressive creations!

Next, 9 classic meshes have been added to Beyonder's page. I've added keyframes and FFv3R conversions where needed, 'cause here at the Fortress, we're all about making it EZ !

Then we keep it going with 4 creations from El Insensatez

And then ... just to make sure we keep our rep as the World's Mightiest FF Fan site ... 15 more meshes from Johnny Patches - almost all of them with new skins by DaGlob! (1 by Courtnall6)
Special thanks to hoss20 for the FFv3R version of Fantasticar which is included in the download.

www.alexff.com

spydermann93

Congrats on joining the Freedom Fortress, Glob! :thumbup:

This is a great update, Alex! Thank, you!

Update: Blue Beetle Begins' download link on DaGlob's page doesn't seem to work.

abenavides

www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

It is very awesome to see Daglob finally get hosted proper.  :thumbup:

This is another fantastic update Alex, thank you.

Starman

:thumbup: I was never a huge fan of "Skrull-ified" characters ... until now! Nice work, Daglob and JP   :thumbup:

Jimaras8

Alex pls tell me you are planning on adding Gren's meshes in the near future  :D :D.

WyldFyre

Quote from: abenavides on August 22, 2014, 01:02:24 AM
The long-awaited August update is finally here! and it's a big one ...

Let's start off with the big news. The Fortress is very happy to welcome our first new artist in years - DaGlob!
And he gets off to a fantastic start with 21 impressive creations!

Congrats to DaGlob!  :yipee :yipee :yipee  Glad to see him get some props.

Great update. Love to see the variety of content still made available on  the Fortress.  What a tribute to the creators and fans who still love this game after all these years.

Thank you Alex, for everything you have done, and continue to do, for this community.

"FOR FREEDOM"
For Freedom!

ShortFuse

Epimethee

Great update – thanks, Alex, Daglob, Johnny, El I., Beyonder, C6 and every contributor!

Podmark

Welcom to the Fortress, DaGlob!

Thanks for the update Alex, lots of nice stuff there.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

SickAlice

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 22, 2014, 02:04:30 AM
It is very awesome to see Daglob finally get hosted proper.  :thumbup:

This is another fantastic update Alex, thank you.

Copy that action. Grats Daglob!

John Jr.

Captain Spectacular

Great, just great!  Even more skins and meshes for my already overally full hard drive.  Anyway, looks like some good stuff from everybody, but as someone who especially likes silver and golden age heroes, I particularly like daglob's participation at The Fortress.

abenavides

The September update is starting to take shape - 16 skins/meshes in so far and a lot of others that will likely make it in.
Also, some blogging from me on JLA mod. Coming soon.
www.alexff.com

abenavides

A bit late - but a big 43-skin/mesh update today.
www.alexff.com