News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 2

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, June 29, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

it is, it is, a wonderful thing, to be the typo king.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

abenavides

Oh wow, sorry. I do monitor this thread and I kept completely missing that it's my turn!

Tachyon plays Lightning Reflexes to get 2 card plays
Then I'll play Synaptic Interruption and Synaptic Interruption (I assume I can use these all at once eventually?)

Finally, I'll use Research Grant to draw 2 cards.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Synaptic Interruption is not Limited, so you can indeed have as many in play at once as you like.

Spoiler

Accelerated Assault: One-Shot,Burst--Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Melee Damage.
Fleet of Foot:One-Shot,Burst--Each player may draw a card. You may play a card.

Choose one card to discard.

While waiting for that, I'll  go ahead and start Tempest's turn, so we can get this show moving.

HP: 16
Available Powers:
Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
Grievous Hail Storm--Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.

In Play: Grievous Hail Storm, Electrical Storm, Shielding Winds, Otherworldly Resilience

Spoiler

Otherworldly Resilience:Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Tempest by 1.
Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Grievous Hail Storm: Ongoing--Power: Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.
Shielding Winds:Ongoing, Limited--Whenever a Hero Target would be dealt 5 or more Damage from a single source, reduce that Damage by 2.
Reclaim from the Deep:One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Elemental Subwave Inducer:Equipment,Limited--At the start of your turn, select a Damage type. All Damage dealt by Tempest this turn is of that type. Reduce Damage to Tempest of that type by 1 until the start of your next turn.
Lightning Slash:One-Shot--Tempest deals 1 Target 5 Lightning Damage.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

At the start of his turn, Tempest deals Voss 3 melee damage.  He is now at 25 hp.

spydermann93

I'll play one Lightning Slash on Voss, followed by a Grievous Hailstorm

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal 7 and 4 damage to Voss, leaving him at 14 hp.  Almost there.

You draw
Spoiler

Elemental Subwave Inducer:Equipment,Limited--At the start of your turn, select a Damage type. All Damage dealt by Tempest this turn is of that type. Reduce Damage to Tempest of that type by 1 until the start of your next turn.

It is now the environment's turn

Cards in Play: Police Backup, Police Backup, Cramped Quarters Combat

Spoiler

Police Backup:At the end of the Environment turn, deal 1 Projectile Damage to the Villain Target with the highest HP. Whenever a Villain card would make a Player discard a card, destroy this card.

Cramped Quarters Combat destroys itself

The Environment plays Plummeting Monorail: 10 hp, Train--At the start of the Environment turn, this card deals the 2 Targets with the highest HP 5 Melee Damage each.

The police shoot Voss for a total of 2 hp.  He is now at 12.

A confusing all out brawl in the narrow ally takes place.  Voss runs out of other end, clearly injured and now for the first time genuinely running for safely.  He pauses for a brief moment to issue orders to his fighters above, who strafe the supports of the monorail system about.  The who rail looks like its about to collapse on the heroes below as they emerge from the ally themselves, an unconscious troop of alien left behind and two squads of police following.

This concludes Round 7.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Round 8

Effects in play:
All damage dealt to Voss reduced by 1 for every Minion in play.  Voss's current reduction is 0.
Whevener Scholar is healed, he may deal that much damage to 1 target.
Reduce all damage dealt to Scholar by 2
Reduce all damage deal to Tempest by 1.
Anytime 5 or more damage is deal to a hero from a single target, reduce it by 2
The first time Wraith is damaged every turn, she deals the source of that damage 2 melee damage.

Side:Super Thorathian Warrior
HP: 12 Highest Villain Target
Minions in play: None

Other Cards in Play: None

Details on what the Minions do:
Spoiler

Gene-Bound Bionaut:3hp, Minion--This card is immune to Toxic Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Toxic Damage.
Gene-Bound Banshee:3 hp,Minion--This card is immune to Sonic Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero with the most Ongoing cards 3 Sonic Damage.
Gene-Bound Shock Infantry[/b:]This card is immune to Lightning Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 3 Lightning Damage.
Gene-Bound Guard[/b:]Reduce Damage dealt to Villain Targets by 1.
Gene-Bound Psi-Weaver:This card is immune to Psychic Damage.
Gene-Bound Soldier: This cards is immune to Projectile Damage. At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Projectile Damage."
Gene-Bound Firesworn [/b:]This card is immune to Fire Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the highest HP 2 Fire Damage.
Gene-Bound Ion Lancer[/b:]This card is immune to Energy Damage.
At the end of the Villain turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Energy Damage.

Cards in Play: Police Backup, Police Backup, Close Quarters Combat

Spoiler

Traffic Pileup:10 hp--Players cannot draw cards.
Police Backup:At the end of the Environment turn, deal 1 Projectile Damage to the Villain Target with the highest HP. Whenever a Villain card would make a Player discard a card, destroy this card.

HP: 13
Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun, Pride, Prejudice, Assault Rifle, Flak Jacket
Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
"Pride":Equipment,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If ""Prejudice"" is in play, you may use its Power.
Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time."

Hand:
Spoiler

Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.
RPG Launcher:One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Hollow Points: Equipment,
Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.
Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.
After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of your deck. At the start of your turn, you may play an Ammo card.

HP: 17 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Better Living--The Scholar regains 1 hp.
Truth Seeker--The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.

In Play: Truth Seeker, Mortal Form to Energy, Flesh to Iron
Spoiler

Flesh to IronOngoing, Elemental--At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Reduce Damage dealt to The Scholar by 2.
Mortal Form to Energy:Ongoing, Elemental-At the start of your turn, either discard 1 card or destroy this card. Whenever The Scholar regains HP, The Scholar also deals 1 Target that much Energy Damage.
Truth Seeker:Ongoing,
Limited--Power: The Scholar deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Draw 1 card.

Hand:
Spoiler

Grace Under Fire:One-Shot--The Scholar deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = the number of non-Hero Targets in play.
Don't Dismiss Anything: One-Shot--Each Player may either move 1 card from their trash to the top of their deck, or put the top card of their deck into play.
Keep Moving: One-Shot--Search your deck for an Elemental card and put it into play. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.
Know When to Turn Loose:One-Shot   "Discard your hand. The Scholar deals 1 Target X Lightning Damage, where X = the number of cards discarded this way.
Bring What you Need:Ongoing, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 2 in your hand and 1 on the bottom of your deck.
Don't Dismiss Anything:One-Shot--Each Player may either move 1 card from their trash to the top of their deck, or put the top card of their deck into play.
Transmutive Recovery:One-Shot--The Scholar regains 2 HP. Draw 2 cards.
Proverbs and Axioms:One-Shot--Each Player draws 1 card. Each Hero Character card may either regain 2 HP or deal themselves 3 Psychic Damage and use a Power.

Available Powers
Throwing Knives--The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Stealth--Reduce the next damage that would be dealt to the Wraith by 2.
Infrared Eyepiece--Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.

In Play: Infrared Eyepiece, Micro Targeting Computer, Throwing Knives, Utility Belt, Combat Stance
Spoiler

Utility Belt:Equipment,
Limited--You may use an additional power during your power phase.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Suture Self:One-Shot-The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Throwing Knives:Equipment,Limited--Power: The Wraith deals up to 3 Targets 1 Projectile Damage each.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment,Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Infrared Eyepiece:Equipment--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.

Hand:
Spoiler

Throat Jab:One-Shot--The Wraith deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. The Target dealt Damage this way cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.
Razor Ordinance: Equipment, Limited--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 3 Projectile Damage.
Grappling Hook:One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. You may draw a card.
Combat Stance:Ongoing,Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Suture Self:One-Shot-The Wraith regains 3 HP.
Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.
Infrared Eyepiece: Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck.
Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom.
Draw a card.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.
Smoke Bombs: Equipment,
Limited--Whenever a Villain card would deal Damage to the Hero Target with the lowest HP, redirect that Damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP.
Reduce Damage redirected this way by 1.

HP: 12 Lowest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Rapid Recon--Look at the top card of your Hero deck.  You may discard that card.
Research Grant--Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.

In Play: Research Grant
Spoiler

Research Grant:Ongoing--Power: Draw 2 cards. Discard a card.
Burst Count: 8
Hand
Spoiler

Accelerated Assault: One-Shot,Burst--Tachyon deals each non-Hero Target 1 Melee Damage.
Fleet of Foot:One-Shot,Burst--Each player may draw a card. You may play a card.
Pushing the Limits: Ongoing, Limited--You may play an additional card during your play phase and draw an additional card during your draw phase. At the start of your turn, Tachyon may deal herself 2 Sonic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.
Quick Insight:One-Shot, Burst--Draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards.
Lightspeed Barrage:One-Shot--Tachyon deals 1 Target X Melee Damage, where X = the number of Burst cards in your trash.
Lightning Reflexes:One-Shot--You may play up to 2 cards now.

Available Powers:
Squall--Tempest deals all non-Hero targets 1 Projectile damage.
Grievous Hail Storm--Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 2 Cold Damage.

In Play: Grievous Hail Storm, Electrical Storm, Shielding Winds, Otherworldly Resilience

Spoiler

Otherworldly Resilience:Ongoing,Limited--Reduce Damage dealt to Tempest by 1.
Electrical Storm:Ongoing, Limited--At the start of your turn, Tempest deals each non-Hero Target 1 Lightning Damage.

Hand:
Spoiler

Reclaim from the Deep:One-Shot--Each player may take a card from their trash and put it on top of their Hero deck. You may draw a card.
Vicious Cyclone:Ongoing,
Limited--Play this card next to a Target.
At the start of your turn, discard up to 3 cards. Tempest deals that Target 1 Projectile Damage for each card discarded this way.
If the Target leaves play, destroy this card.

Voss plays Gene-Bound Bionaut.

Voss Hits Scholar for 2.  He is now at 15 hp.  Voss hits Tachyon for 3.  Would Tachyon like to Destroy a Synaptic Interruption to redirect the damage?  If you use it to kill the Bionaut, it will be dead before it deals its damage.  Don't forget to also discard a card for Research Grant.

abenavides

Yep, I discard Fleet of Foot

And use Synaptic Interruption to redirect damage to the bionaut.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

In that case, this concludes what may very well be Voss's last turn.

It is now Expatriette's turn.

HP: 13
Base Power: Load--Play a card.
Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun, Pride, Prejudice, Assault Rifle, Flak Jacket
Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.
Assault Rifle: Equipment, Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals up to 3 Targets 2 Projectile Damage each. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.
"Pride":Equipment,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 2 Projectile Damage. If ""Prejudice"" is in play, you may use its Power.
Up to 2 Ammo cards may be in play next to this card at a time."

Hand:
Spoiler

Unload: One-Shot--This turn, you may use as many Powers as you have Guns in play.
RPG Launcher:One-Shot--Destroy 1 Ongoing or Environment card. If you do, Expatriette deals up to 2 Targets 2 Fire Damage each.
Reload:One-Shot--Take an Ammo card from your trash and put it into play or into your hand.
Hollow Points: Equipment,
Ammo--Play this card next to a Gun card.
Increase the Damage of that card's Power by 2.
After that Power is used, destroy this card.
Arsenal Access: One-Shot--Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 Equipment cards. Put one of them either into play or into your hand.
Shuffle the rest of the revealed cards into your deck.
Speed Loading:Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, you may take 1 Ammo card from your trash and put it on the top of your deck. At the start of your turn, you may play an Ammo card.

Deaths Jester

I play Unload and use all four powers on "Pride and Prejudice"...that should knock Voss out with a one point overkill!

"You're days of world domination are over, punk!"
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Sorry, but a given card's power can only be used once on any given turn.  It still works out pretty well though.

So shotgun for 4

Assault rifle for 2

Pride for 2, which also triggers Prejudice for 2

Then Prejudice for 2.

Total damage twelve.  Game over.

Voss doesn't get far before a heavy volley of gunfire from Expatriette brings him down.  He barely survives and is still unconscious when FILTER arrives to collect him for their extra-dimensional prison.  They glare at Tempest as they go.  "Next time, alien."

Voss's fleets and armies, meanwhile briefly try to continue the attack, but they soon start fighting each other as several of Voss's Senior officers lay claim to his throne.  They soon abandon Earth, racing to be the first to lay claim to the home world.

While the damage to the city comes to millions, the casaulties were fairly low.  Tempest is officially declared Mynerian ambassador to Earth and given diplomatic immunity, much to FILTER's irritation.

HEROES WIN!

Good job all.  That went fairly well.  You were lucky that Voss's ships and Lieutenants never came out, but I think you could have handled them.

If there is still interest, I will start another game shortly.  I will add all remaining heroes to the mix, plus the promo variants.  Since there was interest in both Omnitron and Gloomweaver, we will likely play one of them.

Good job saving the multiverse, heroes!

Glitch Girl

Whoo! 

Well, that was fun.  I have to admit, I was a little worried about my choice at first, but DANG she got powerful fast.

I'd like to try it again so count me in for a second run.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Wraith (and both variants) are known for not having really useful base powers, but give her a chance to build up and she shines as either a damage dealer or deck controller, depending on what you need.

Deaths Jester

Well, I guess I'd say I'm in seeing as I've finally got the hang of Expat.  Thought I'd end up failing with her like I did Wraith in the previous game (never got the better equipment that time) but I think Expat really shined for me.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

For the record, I don't think you failed with Wraith.  You destroyed a couple of nasty environments and got some of her useful weapon cards into play.  Nothing spectacular, sure, but you freed up the other heroes to do their spectacular stuff.

Expat worked out okay too.  I think you underestimated the value of the shotgun though.  It does exactly as much damage as pride and prejudice together and pierces armor like nothing.  Pride and Prejudice are better if you get damage boosts into play against unarmored targets, or stockpile Ammo on them while firing other gun.  Pride and Prejudice worked out well in this particular case.

Odd that most of her Ammo cards were never drawn.  At least you got that Unload just in time to finish things.

I'll start up a new thread and get going on the next game within a day or two.  I have 7 never heroes to throw in the mix, plus all or most of the possible villain and environment option.  Including the really hard ones, if you want a challenge.