News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mesh Links for FFVTTR??

Started by UltraSuperGuy, March 28, 2014, 03:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraSuperGuy

Hey, Crimefighters!

Just been getting into playing  :ffvstr: and having trouble finding meshes for it. So much stuff is just for  :ff:

Are there any links just for meshes/skins for  :ffvstr:?

Thanks

Randomdays

Just about any mesh/ skin available can be converted from FF to FFVtTR and then used in game. Not sure where the converter is - maybe Alex's Site, but I'm sure other members can direct you to it.

spydermann93

Quote from: Randomdays on March 28, 2014, 03:52:04 AM
Just about any mesh/ skin available can be converted from FF to FFVtTR and then used in game. Not sure where the converter is - maybe Alex's Site, but I'm sure other members can direct you to it.

Yep, Alex's Freedom Fortress has a conversion tool that converts 98% of meshes that are for FF to FFvtTR.

Basically, if it's for FF, it can easily be made compatible for FFvtTR.

hoss20

Alex's Freedom Fortress is here if you need the link: http://www.alexff.com/

It's under Mods and Goodies.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 28, 2014, 05:15:33 AM
Quote from: Randomdays on March 28, 2014, 03:52:04 AM

Yep, Alex's Freedom Fortress has a conversion tool that converts 98% of meshes that are for FF to FFvtTR.

Basically, if it's for FF, it can easily be made compatible for FFvtTR.

To add on that point, there's also quite a few Meshes for  :ff: that actually don't need conversion to work with  :ffvstr:. You could always check to see if the Mesh works before converting, as for me personally, I tend to convert everything for  :ffvstr:, but that's mainly for Skoping purposes since I primarily Skope  for  :ffvstr:, unless otherwise requested.

UltraSuperGuy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 28, 2014, 03:40:48 PM

To add on that point, there's also quite a few Meshes for  :ff: that actually don't need conversion to work with  :ffvstr:. You could always check to see if the Mesh works before converting

Is there anyway to do that without crashing  :ffvstr:? I did put in some  :ff: meshes and some worked and others just crashed the game when I tried to select the mesh, so it was kind of a laborious process of crash, remove mesh, start game, select some mesh, suddenly crashes, repeat, repeat.

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, it's a crapshoot. You really don't know which Meshes need to be converted and which don't. Your two main options are probably:

1.) Convert anything that was not already made for  :ffvstr:. (It will usually state in the "Read_Me" file if it was specifically made for  :ffvstr:)

2.) Check the Meshes in CTool2 before running the actual game. Usually, if a Mesh needs to be converted, it either won't open in CTool2, or it will crash it. That's really a lot quicker than opening and crashing the game over and over again.

UltraSuperGuy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 28, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
Unfortunately, it's a crapshoot. You really don't know which Meshes need to be converted and which don't. Your two main options are probably:

1.) Convert anything that was not already made for  :ffvstr:. (It will usually state in the "Read_Me" file if it was specifically made for  :ffvstr:)

2.) Check the Meshes in CTool2 before running the actual game. Usually, if a Mesh needs to be converted, it either won't open in CTool2, or it will crash it. That's really a lot quicker than opening and crashing the game over and over again.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out what it was about certain meshes that were crashing it. At first I thought that meshes with thumbs.db files in them were doing it, but then I noticed some of those meshes would not crash the game. Weird.

Cyber Burn

I don't remember why the "Thumbs.db" file exists, but I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the actual Mesh file and can probably be deleted.

Of course, hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Randomdays

The Thumbs.db file is made by windows to help make thumbnail views of artfiles it recognizes, like bmps and jpgs, appear in windows explorer. They can be safely deleted whenever found, but windows will probably go ahead and make new ones.

daglob

Someplace around here there was a discussion about FF1/FFv3R, and a way to tell the two apart in Nifscope was mentioned. I don't remember where ti was, though.