News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Animating Irrational FX on Meshes

Started by AfghanAnt, January 25, 2014, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

So I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I noticed that when you used Irrational FX on meshes they typically do not move. Well I figured out why.

You have the change the NiAlphaController or NiKeyframeController. So in the block details go to Flags and change the value from 44 to 40 and it will start moving in-game and character tool. :)

I'm going to re-release my Cannonball meshes to have the fiery trail to spin and Magneto Marvel Now.

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

windblown

I'd like to add two more possibilities to this:

- If you change the Frequency value of that Controller you'll modify the speed of the FX. For example, if 1.0 is the normal speed if you change that value to 0.5 the FX should go slower and if you change it to 2.0 it should go faster.

- Modifying "start time" and "stop time" values is useful to show only a part of the FX. For example, if the FX is a flame burst which appears at second 0.20 and disappears at second 1.20, the skope would show the flame appearing and disappearing; but if you change the start time to 0.21 and the end time to 1.19 the flame should appear all the time.*

*I've noticed that the second trick doesn't work with some FX.