A made up space armor for Batman (my first real attempt to skope something)

Started by mac402, December 24, 2013, 03:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac402

So I was trying to come up with a badarse looking armored suit for Bruce when he has to face cosmic level threats along with his pals from the Justice League and the fight takes to space . I think I saw an inspiration for this somewhere on deviantart. It's skoped together from Taskmaster Batman, Lex Luthor's battle armor, Kingdom Come Batman and Dark Knight armor. There is a transparent piece over his mouth which should be more visible. Anyway this is how it looks like. It's my first real attempt at doing something creative with NifSkope.

laughing paradox

You knocked it out of the park with your first attempt at Nifskope.

This Bats design looks really solid. Did you also skin it yourself? Nice job on it.

vorelliwiseau

Quality work up here! I'm always up for a serving of Batman, any Batman, and I'm intrigued by those wings.

Now, where can I download this fine-looking motha?

Cyber Burn

Though this is technically a Skope, and should probably go in the Hexxing Section, I'm just going to say that this is really impressive. This is a very creative use of pieces, and the end result is extremely well made. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the pieces for the belt buckle? Also is this your own skin, if so, it is great. The metal textures are really nice.

mac402

Thank you for your comments guys. I did not do a new skin, I just recolored the original ones. I'm not sure what are the rules to putting this for download. I guess I'd need the permission of all the creators this was skoped from right? And a seperate one for the skin? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that most authors don't want their skins to be used as a basis for another one. This is where I got the parts from:

basis - TM_Batman_final_INK by Ink
wings and belt buckle - KC_Batman_t by Tommyboy
helmet - DKRBatman by Bearded In Lair
chest disk - Tommyboy, from Batman Inc by Podmark
faceplate - Scorpion by Wingzero
the rest of the armor - Lex_Luthor_Armor_AA by Afghan Ant

hoss20

First, great job on the skope. That's a great use of pieces.

Second, all of the creators of the pieces you've used have already given their permission. You can find a list here: http://frworld.wikispaces.com/Nifskope+Permission+List
There is also a thread here at FR that mentions a couple more creators that members have asked about.

Third, you are correct about the skin. The community generally doesn't have a problem previewing skopes with a kitbashed skin (as long as it's mentioned) as it helps to showcase the skope better and not everyone has the tools, skills, or inclination to skin. That being said, there is a thread that was started where skinners have chimed in on whether or not they give permission for their skins to be kitbashed: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56760.0

The big thing, which you've already done, is giving credit to the original creators. Providing a Read Me file in your skope that contains a list like you've already done is the way to go. If you get permission from the skinners, as well, you would just add credits to Read Me for them.

So, in closing; excellent job on the skope, welcome to the fraternity of skopers, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing your future creations.

mac402

Thank you for clarifying things to me hoss20. Those links were really useful. OK, so I've already uploaded the mesh here . If someone would like the skinned version I can try to contact the authors to get their permissions. I see people who have already given it in the link you provided.

Cyber Burn

Another suggestion for you Mac, if you are unable to get permission from all the original skinners to release what you have done, would be to put up a post in the Requests forum. Maybe a skinner would be willing to provide you with a custom skin that can be released.

Tomato

Pfft, why does Batman need awesome space armor? He can breathe in space.

But no, in all seriousness, this is good work. Probably wouldn't take much to release even without getting a hold of each skinner... most of the visible sections seem to be from from AA's Lex Luthor, and he's already given permission for kittbashing.

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Helix

AfghanAnt

BentonGrey

Hey, that is a really neat design.  It looks just like something Bats would employ.  Nice work!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/