News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

windblown's skins - Dr. Reyes

Started by windblown, December 19, 2013, 11:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

So, I've taken a small break of skoping teen mutants, just to do a group of young Marvel heroes which I've never seen in game.
Here is one of the skopes I've been working on lately ... and my first attempt of a skin to go with it.

The youngest member of Power Pack:   

Big thanks to Hoss20 who helped me out with the skope, getting rid of a belt of the original mesh. The skin was done using parts of Tomato's newly released base skins, so thanks to him too.

deano_ue

the skopers are creating great skins, and soon will no longer need us, the revolution has begun we're being replaced  arghhhhhhhhhhh

laughing paradox

I love the character choice(s). I'm kind of surprised Power Pack isn't in the game, either. There have been attempts in the past, but it never came through.

The skin looks pretty darn good! It's significantly better than my first attempt at a skin, that's for sure. :)

WyldFyre

Looking good windblown.  :thumbup:

I like it.  I'm still trying to get a skin done on my American Eagle skope.  I hope it comes out half as good as your Energizer.
For Freedom!

Outcast

Her face looks really cute. Very nice skin for your first attempt Windblown. :)

Of course i like the skope as well.  :cool:

Tomato

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 19, 2013, 11:28:46 PM
the skopers are creating great skins, and soon will no longer need us, the revolution has begun we're being replaced  arghhhhhhhhhhh

Replaced implies that we can be gotten rid of. We've been creating content for a point and click PC game that came out the same year as The Santa Clause 2. We might as well admit that the only way to stop us from skinning is to cut off all our heads and impale us with wooden stakes.

Podmark

I like it! And a worthy character to see added to FF.

Seeing the placeholder skins you do for all your skopes I've never had any doubt you could create full skins. Glad to see you finally tried. :thumbup:

Quote from: Tomato on December 20, 2013, 12:08:37 PM
We might as well admit that the only way to stop us from skinning is to cut off all our heads and impale us with wooden stakes.

Bah! Speak for yourself! Not even that would stop me!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

hoss20

I'm glad I was able to help in any capacity. After seeing a bit of a sneak peek while helping with the skope, I have to say that the finished product looks great. Nice job on the shading and the face is very well done.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: laughing paradox on December 19, 2013, 11:53:31 PM
I love the character choice(s). I'm kind of surprised Power Pack isn't in the game, either. There have been attempts in the past, but it never came through.

The skin looks pretty darn good! It's significantly better than my first attempt at a skin, that's for sure. :)

Great skope and a great skin. And I have to say that your first skin outclasses my more recent skins. Very impressive. I am really hoping to see more.

AfghanAnt

Wow this is great. I really hope you do the rest of the team!

windblown

Thank you all for your comments :)

Here is the second one:

With a little skoping trick:

Spoiler

I hope I can give her some flying melee animations, but I'm still not sure if I will be able to do it with these keyframes.

AfghanAnt

I can't wait to see the boys. Really amazing work with the skope.

laughing paradox

Lightspeed looks great and I am loving that skope! I like that rainbow effect.

deano_ue

the one thing i would suggest is using a slightly lighter colour of the costumes to add an element of highlights to them

Podmark

Looking good!

In addition to UE's advice I'd suggest where you have lines on a skin like on the gauntlets and boots, add a lighter coloured line just below it. You can check any of my skins for examples. It creates an illusion of depth.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

vorelliwiseau

Ah, windblown - expanding the brand, I see! These skins look adorable.

detourne_me

Adorable! And I'm super jealous right now!
Your first and second skins make my years of barely worthy of being called skinning look like downright garbage.
I'm really looking forward to the boys too!

Cyber Burn

Never thought that I would see the Power Pack team in FF. I'm assuming that you plan on doing the whole team? Do you have any plans for Franklin Richards? If I remember correctly, he hung around the team very so often.

windblown

Thanks everyone,

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 22, 2013, 06:29:49 PM
the one thing i would suggest is using a slightly lighter colour of the costumes to add an element of highlights to them

Quote from: Podmark on December 22, 2013, 06:42:23 PM
Looking good!

In addition to UE's advice I'd suggest where you have lines on a skin like on the gauntlets and boots, add a lighter coloured line just below it. You can check any of my skins for examples. It creates an illusion of depth.

Thanks for the advices guys, I really appreciate them. I'll try to follow them with the next ones.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 24, 2013, 12:03:30 AM
Never thought that I would see the Power Pack team in FF. I'm assuming that you plan on doing the whole team? Do you have any plans for Franklin Richards? If I remember correctly, he hung around the team very so often.

Yes, I'm going to do the four Power siblings for sure. Franklin has a good chance too ;)

windblown

Aaand here is the first of the boys:

I've tried to follow TUE's and Pod's advices with the skin. As for the skope, here there are a couple of special animations to show his powers:

Spoiler

Big thanks again to Hoss20 for widening the waist of the mesh to have a more boyish look.

Happy new year!!

AfghanAnt

Amazing. I mean...just wow. I can't wait for the release.

Podmark

Looks great, and awesome job on the skope.
I can already see little improvements through your newest skin.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Geez, you are just throwing down some amazing stuff. That flying effect would be awesome for DC Comics' "Metamorpho".

And I'll agree with Pod, your skin work is improving as well.

Starman

Wow ... I've been waiting someone to do Power Pack for years and your work on these characters looks amazing. Congrats man ... fantastic stuff!

windblown

And today, the last of the siblings, the oldest Power Pack member:

This time, I've skoped the gaunlets instead of skinning them in the body. I can't decide how they looks better, what do you think?

And here is my attempt to do the aura that appears when he uses his powers:
Spoiler

Thanks again to Hoss20 for the body modifications :)

spydermann93

Definitely skoped.

It adds depth.

ShortFuse

Not familiar with the characters but they look great. Love the fx work you have done as well.

Podmark

I'd need to see some reference for the design you're doing to know what works best. but the skoped look is good.
Great job on the Power kids.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page