News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A New Accord - Season 9 is Live!

Started by BlueBard, April 08, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

If you've ever thought about playing Star Trek Online, the time will soon be right to jump in and try it.  Or come back and give it a look if you haven't seen it in awhile.

Season 9: A New Accord launches April 22.  It advances the STO story with a full scale invasion of the Undine (Borg designation Species 8472) from Fluidic Space.  The Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the fledgling Romulan Republic must form a united front to deal with the threat.

The Reputation system is being revamped and streamlined across all Reputations, they are introducing a new modular Kit system, Earth Spacedock has been rebuilt from the ground up, and more.  The Dyson Sphere Adventure Zone is being expanded to include a new zone where starship captains can face the Undine in space and on the ground.  Two more new scenarios allow players to track down Undine infiltrators on Bajor or destroy Undine Planet-Killers threatening one of four homeworlds that Star Trek fans will recognize.

The Federation Reborn fleet was originally formed to serve members of the Freedom Reborn community, and now is a great time to join the fleet.  We have built up our fleet holdings considerably over the last year and can now offer our members many new services and gear, including a Tier 3 shipyard.

Did I mention that Star Trek Online is Free-To-Play?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Update: The release date has been published - April 22nd.

To watch a recap of the storyline leading up to Season 9, go here:  http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3041253

catwhowalksbyhimself

Did they ever do anything about maps in Starbases?  I tried it quite a while ago while still playing CoH and while I seemed like a good game, the second I arrived at the first base, I found the map of no help in figuring out where to go to find mission givers and stores and could not even find a particular vendor I was supposed to go to for a mission or something.  If that's been improved, then I may consider checking it out again.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BlueBard

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on April 11, 2014, 03:29:35 PM
Did they ever do anything about maps in Starbases?  I tried it quite a while ago while still playing CoH and while I seemed like a good game, the second I arrived at the first base, I found the map of no help in figuring out where to go to find mission givers and stores and could not even find a particular vendor I was supposed to go to for a mission or something.  If that's been improved, then I may consider checking it out again.

As it happens, they have completely revamped Earth Space Dock for Season 9 and it should be easier to find what you're looking for.  All vendors and services have icons to help you locate them on the maps.  It's been like that for awhile now.

Mind you, I haven't seen much besides screenshots and a walkthrough.  But it's laid out completely different and is meant to reduce that feeling of getting lost.  It's also visually impressive.  I think it's worth a visit even if you don't end up sticking around.

Other bases that have been updated since the CoH days are Drozana Station, and Qo'NoS the Klingon homeworld.  Deep Space Nine has gotten a facelift in the last couple of years but nothing major.  But the new Earth Space Dock (ESD) is state-of-the-art.

One week till season launch!  Pre-patching is enabled, so start patching up now!

GhostMachine

Question about the FR fleet: How much do you have to contribute to buy from the fleet stores? I've got a few alts that need a fleet, but if there's rarely anyone on to do promotions......

BlueBard

Quote from: GhostMachine on April 19, 2014, 12:21:06 AM
Question about the FR fleet: How much do you have to contribute to buy from the fleet stores? I've got a few alts that need a fleet, but if there's rarely anyone on to do promotions......

My apologies for the delayed response.

All full members are currently authorized to buy from fleet stores and we have lots of provisions saved up.  As long as there is no high demand or abuse, we'll keep it that way.

Marhawkman (aka Markhawkman) is co-Leader and he's on just about every day.  I'm in at least once a week and usually more.  We both DOFF regularly and we keep an eye on the fleet holdings to make sure there are projects queued up. 

So I won't guarantee that you get same-day service, but you won't get ignored either :D

We're still struggling to hit that critical mass of active members that keeps the fleet growing, so the more the merrier.  Once you've gotten your invite and have been promoted above Candidate (a mere formality) you can invite your own alts if you want.

We've got a T3 shipyard, so we can satisfy some demand for fleet ships.  We've got a T2 embassy and working hard on a T2 mine.  We're in a position to queue up upgrades for T1 spire, T3 transwarp, and T3 starbase.  We're not running out of projects anytime soon!

BlueBard

Quick heads up...

Because of the graphical changes to the game in this release, it looks like the game is resetting graphics options.  You may need to tweak your graphics options to get the performance and quality you want (or can live with, depending on your hardware).

Other than playing around with the new Traits and Reputation revamped systems, that's about as far as I've gotten.

GhostMachine

I've got a Science captain named M'aeo who can help out the fleet, if someone can give him an invite. He has maximum Developmental rep and 856 fleet marks at the moment. My handle is @blazingdragon71.

Regarding tiers, I believe there are a few ships (I know of at least one) where you have to have either a T2 or T3 spire to get.

BlueBard

Quote from: GhostMachine on April 23, 2014, 05:23:28 PM
I've got a Science captain named M'aeo who can help out the fleet, if someone can give him an invite. He has maximum Developmental rep and 856 fleet marks at the moment. My handle is @blazingdragon71.

Regarding tiers, I believe there are a few ships (I know of at least one) where you have to have either a T2 or T3 spire to get.

I'll try to send that invite tonight.

I know you have to have an upgraded spire to get the Obelisk carrier (after the promo period) and I believe the Fleet versions of the 1000 day Veteran ships are behind that wall too.  Don't remember what else at the moment.  We'll be able to slot the Spire T1 upgrade sometime today, I think.

If anybody has dilithium to burn for fleet credits, the Transwarp upgrade project is now live and the Starbase upgrade will probably get slotted after that's completed.  And there's still the Spire upgrade, that'll take dilithium too.  If anybody's REALLY starved for fleet credits, we've got all kinds of cosmetic upgrades we haven't bothered with yet ;)