Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

:thumbup:

Awesome Dean, and quick too.

To me they look great. The only thing I see that I want to change is for me to make Tubbs's legs a little thicker on the mesh.

Are you able to do skin the helmets I made and put the stripe on?

RD

deanjo2000

The wireframe for it is way too complicated and id never be able to figure out the stripe properly, my only suggestion is maybe looking at Aim_TJ mesh and using the helmet from that and cut the front out, its a basic skin then and i could do it.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

Allright - i'll take a look at it when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

deanjo2000

Randomdays

They look great Dean.  I think the thicker legs for Tubb helps too.

Randomdays

Updates and more prehistoric perils

1) fixed the problem with the elephant's color  - new version uploaded to the keyframe import directory

2) The terrorbird rider might have been a bit small - replaced with a larger version. In the Ancient Heroes Caveman directory.

3) Civ 4 has a Mammoth that uses the same kf's as the elephant. Uploaded a normal version and one with a rider on top. In the keyframe import directory.

4) uploaded a new version of the ankylosaurus dinosaur on its base WP2 stegosaurus kfs. Now in the keyframe import directory.

5) Added the WP2 stegosaurus and pachycephalosaurus dinosaurs to the keyframe import directory.

6) Uploaded the WP2 Sea Lion with a collar to represent HB's Scooby from the Moby Dick and Mightor show. In the keyframe import directory.

7) Improved the right elbow joint on Hadji from Jonny Quest. Hadji and Bandit uploaded to the HB Heroes directory.

DoctorRuina

Great! The dinosaurs are very useful.

deanjo2000

Randomdays

Thanks guys

Here's a second Prehistoric Perils Pack. Except for a few odds and ends, that about does it for Dinosaurs and their friends. One more release ought to finish it up.
Besides Mightor, Dinoboy and the Herculoids, these would probably useful for adventures with Kazar, DC's Warlord, Tarzan, and Turok.

1st picture shows a parasaurolophus, a T - Rex and two types of raptors that share the same kfs.

The second pic shows a new triceratops. a protoceratops, and a styracosaurus, that all share the same kfs, and a giant dragonfly.

The 7 dinosaurs are from the WP2 game from Deep Silver and are for FFvt3R. All have good, limited, animations with a couple of anomilies - their fall poses may be off the ground a bit, and they may stand up again after falling - basic trouble with the original kfs imported into the game.

The dragonfly was found on the web and is for FF on the Sam the Eagle kfs. He's about Sam's size in game but can be enlarged, of course.

The dinosaurs will be in the keyframe import directory, and the dragonfly in the animals one.

Last note - I was able to get 3DS Max 8 permanently activated so I could get these imported in. I was also able to get it to import Neverwinter Nights 2 models and export them back out again as nifs - unfortunately, no luck with animation so far. NW2 uses granny for animation and I don't think Blender 2.49 supports that.

Edit - a couple of pages of interest for the HB heroes - one is a history page - https://reelrundown.com/animation/History-of-Hanna-Barbera-Herculoids-Shazzan-and-Mighty-Mightor

And the other is a company that makes statues of animated and other heroes - this page is for the HB heroes that might be made. - http://www.electrictiki.com/hb.html

RD

deanjo2000

So much awesome :thumbup: thank you for doing these. I'm so happy right now.

Randomdays

Getting ready to do some work on some sea creatures for Moby Dick to fight (or Aquaman, Namor, etc) and had what I think is a major breakthru - with all the meshes, skins and kfs in the game, there's very little that slithers that you can run into.

I was able to get the first set of kfs for the WP2 Dragon Moray working. The rigging for it was totally off for some reason, and I had to start from scratch, but luckily its low poly and with only about a dozen bones in it. Now that I know it works, I can go ahead at some point and rig a snake mesh to it and go from there.

Like all the imports, it will have limited actions, but the main ones will be there - idle, swim idle, melee, swim, pain, dead( fall) and dead in the water (water fall/ float)

Pic Below

RD

cmdrkoenig67

Wow!! You really got Neverwinter Nights 2 meshes out of the game!? That's amazing, Randomdays!

Does that mean we may have some more D&D monsters coming to FF? I hope, I hope!

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

Dana

Randomdays

Dean - probably the way I feel when i see a new skin - especially an HB one.

Dana (I think I got that right) - Good to hear from you! I was mainly looking for some sea encounters - some sahaughin, both swimming and shark rider, a giant squid, crab, and sea dragon,etc.

Meshes were never an issue for DnD type of characters - Dark Age of Camelot, Morrowind and Oblivion already use nifs, and I know the 3D ripper program worked with WoW, at least when I tested it with the Lich expansion.  The main issue was getting them rigged for FF1/FF2.

I didn't think there was much interest in DnD though. But if there's anything you're looking for in particular, let me know. They could be fun bringing them into the game.

Edit - Right now I don't have NWN2 actually installed, I'm working of this pack - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/combined/pains-monster-pack

Edit - Wrong link above - corrected - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/combined/nwn2-creature-compilation-pack

If you want anything else, it would be helpful if you could get the mdl and the textures out of the hak and send them to me. Since the gr2 animation files don't seem to be working at the moment, I won't need those.

RD

Randomdays

Here's the first 2 water monsters, found on the web. The first was a full dragon ,but I clipped off the wings to make it a sea dragon. The other is a sea demon.

Not rigged yet, but at least I was able to convert them into usable nifs.

Update on NWN2 - looking further into the 3ds Max importer, it looks like you need the game installed to get the animations to import, so I'm doing that to see if it will help. Getting the animation to work as well as the meshes would be great.

Fingers crossed - probably no time to do it tonight after installing, but hopefully tomorrow.

RD

Randomdays

Update on NWN2 imports - no luck in getting the mesh to include an armature when imported, or with animating since the armature is needed.

Setting up the pathways in the ini file didn't seem to help.

There ARE Blender import files as well, but none that I can find for 2.49b that I'm using.

Getting the mesh out and into a nif appears to be totally possible though.

Below is a sample mesh imported to FFvt3R - a typical fire beetle. The skin is a 256 x 256 dds and the mesh is only 68k with about, 1.2k polys.

Unrigged, but probably would go on the giant ant kfs easily.

RD

SickAlice

So you're importing and assuming nif formats then. Curious if you have a ready tutorial for any modifications that need to be made to the nifs for them to conform to the FF games, I had trouble doing that (Knight Rider 2 again). As well are you converting the animations over with them and if so how there too?

Randomdays

Hey SA

For the keyframe files, I think if I can get it to animated in Blender, I can get it to animate for FFvt3R - no luck on FF.

Check here - http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60666.0

and the meshing /skinning 2 you're already aware of here - http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60677.0

It has a section on kfs import.

Only 3 games are working so far for the new keyframe import.

Now, for 3DS Max and maybe GMAX - I haven't gotten NWN2 to animate yet, but if I could, I think I read that if you export them as dwf(Dwx, etc - not sure right now since I'm at work, what the file format is) files, they maintain their animation info and you can import them into Blender with animation. I haven't tried that yet though. 

I do remember getting NWN1 mdl files to animate in GMAX/ NWGMAX. I'll try to get that up and running this weekend and see if I can get the animation into Blender

Not sure what you mean by modifying the nif to work in FF beyond the 1st tutorial wayback when- can you give me an example?

RD

DoctorRuina

There are a lot of dinosaur, animal and insect models in Neverwinter Nights that can be useful for a superhero world.

Randomdays

Hey Dr R

Trying at them moment to see if I can get them to import in with their animations intact - that will make things a lot easier than having to rig the models to FFvt3R kfs, and give more variety as well.

Since it doesn't look good for 3ds Max 8 and NWN2, going to look at Gmax and NWN1 in a bit and hope for more luck there.

RD

Randomdays

Update on the NWN games -

With GMax I was able to get the collision spheres and other extras to show up with the model. Still no animation when adding a gr2 animation file.

Going to NWN1 with both GMax and Max 8, the model shows up and animates. The animation file is one long string of animations where you would have to select a range of frames for each animation you wanted. Exporting the mdl worked fine, but no combination of export options I tried worked in Blender - the one that might work turned out to be the FBX format, but Blender 2.49 doesn't have support for that.

Looking deeper into the mdl format and reading some tutorials, it looks like I would have to get the mdl model into Blender and then build a armature from scratch to get some kind of normal animation to work in FF1/FF2.

In the end it appears that it would be simpler to go the normal route for both games and just bind the meshes to a FF1/FF2 armature as I've been doing before.

Disappointing and more time consuming, but at least the models and skins are available.

RD

Randomdays

Update for Oblivion - I was able to import a mesh and animation from Oblivion and get them to work. The mesh and armature are separate nifs, but putting them both in Blender and parenting the mesh to the armature worked fine - the skin weights worked with no problem. Adding an idle animation worked in Blender and in Character Viewer for FFvt3R after the kf was adjusted manually after export like for the other games. The only glitch was the mesh didn't work till I deleted some form of Bounding box on the armature. I'll have to add one from a FFvt3R mesh.

The individual kfs are a good mix for import - idle, run, various attacks, melee idle, recoil (pain), and forward (walk). There's no fall/death, but there's a stagger that might work when I get into converting. There's also a few swim kfs.

I'm assuming that since Oblivion works, and from other posts, that Morrowind would work as well

Below is a picture of a mudcrab from Oblivion running on his idle animations - he's missing a few parts that I didn't add on while experimenting - the eyes and 2 jaws are four seperate nifs that would have to be attached.

RD

Randomdays

Completed the mud crab and uploaded it to the keyframe transfer directory for anyone who wants to check him out..

While the mesh and skin looks good, and the keyframes do their job, I had to mess with them a bit beyond normal. Unlike the FF games, and other nif games I've worked with, it looks like the kfs actually move the mesh forward when walking and running, instead of 'running in place. This makes for a somewhat jerky forward and backward movement when moving on the map.

I was able to get around it for the crab with first giving him the maximum speed possible in the game, and then with changing out the run animation with the swim idle one, which has the legs move.

If this is true for all the creature kfs , then Oblivion might not be of much use for FFvt3R.

RD

Randomdays

Odds and ends;

1) I have a Marvel Golden Girl skin on a Supergirl Capeless mesh (by Ink I think). The mesh has a problem with the skirt where one of the vertexes isn't weighted right.

I went ahead and fixed the weight painting and attached the skirt directly to the main mesh, as there was also a problem with the skirt being hidden inside the main mesh. I went ahead and posted this on the mega site under requests (even though no one did). If there's a problem with this I'll take it down.

Pic Below

2) Ewzzy had requested the female shorthair and female medium hair meshes. They are also posted on the mega site under requests.

3) The WP2 Dragon Moray is done. Its posted in the keyframe import directory. Also posted is a rattlesnake on the same kfs from NWN2.

4) Morrowind - Morrowind turned out to be a lot harder to import kfs from than expected. When I finally got one to partially work, its walk animation has the same problem as Oblivion - the mesh moving forward when walking. Morrowind nifs would probably have to be rigged to other kfs to be useful.

5) More prehistoric Perils - I've got a lot of map items from WP2 and EE2 - huts, logs, nests, eggs, caves, etc. Though it should be simple to run them through Blender to convert them, the main slowdown will be resizing them and adding the bounding boxes to each one.

6) Final Prehistoric Peril Pack - Bugs! - Besides Dinosaurs, other cavemen, and early mammals, there's always those giant bugs bothering you! I've already imported a dragonfly, scorpion, spider and some butterflies. Dana has done a beetle, and of course there's the base game's ants.

Working with NWN2 - Ive already done a Bombardier Beetle on two different kfs - the Civ 4 Scorpion and the base game soldier ant. I'll post them both later and you can see the difference. The Scorpion base actually came out better, imo.

Also available are - a wasp, 2 more beetles, another dragonfly, and 4 different Spiders. A centipede might be done, but I'd have to put it on the eel kfs - nothing available could make all the legs move.

A few notes about the NWN games - I'm exporting NWN2 to 3ds in Max 8, and then to nif in Blender as the nif export has a problem sometimes with applying the texture. If 3DS has a problem, I have to do a obj file, use Milkshape to apply the texture (correctly) and then to Blender.

When you edit the mesh, there are actually 3 meshes in the nif, each of different poly count. I'm guessing this is for seeing the mesh at different distances, with the low poly one for when the creature is far away. I'm only using the highest poly one and deleting the other 2.

NWN1 mdls have a importing problem with NWMax unless they're converted to Ascii format, and the dds skins are a very early form and won't open normally, so they have to be converted to tga with a special converter program.

Last, looking at another underwater Moby Dick monster- the Sharkmen. For these, Sick Alice has a few king Shark meshes, and Tomato has done some shark men as minions to the Randy Rippof avatar, off of a webrider mesh.

NWN2 has a Sahuagin mesh, and NWN1 has wereshark, both I think by modders. I'm leaning towards the wereshark.

Pic of the cartoon monster, the Sahuagin and the wereshark below. They're riding some hammerhead sharks - I think I've done those already and can do a mounted form.

RD

SickAlice

Thanks and bookmarked, will give it all a read. If you want I'd like to add the second part of the tutorial to my site for posterity. In due time, endlessly completing manual work on keyframes right now until then. I don't have Max or any variant on the new system, not planning to either. I had an old one via a student license (8th) but that program tends to slog the hard drive too much for my liking. Blender 2.49b currently though I understand multiple can be installed, will also have to look into it and how that works with current Windows.

Else current Win10 x64 is so problematic with older programs (don't get me started on DirectX based games either). On that note desperately looking for a resolution to installing FFX on the system for Third Reich. Nothing seems to get by that and it's throwing a huge project I had going in the trash bin otherwise.

On shark: I'm working on the one from TMNT for Benton, as always it's a slow go. Interested in whatever you find perhaps in a PM whenever. I always psyche out the tail on that stuff where it's just static. Though operable tail nifs are always of interest seconded by any working Doc Ock (off limits by Permission list and otherwise where my interest in converting animations from games outside Netimmerse come from, a few Doc Ocks in other games to draw from of course). My opinion is all this would be better resolved by scripting new functions into an old/new program entirely to handle animations for these games, likewise add new functionality to the games themselves. Not my area at all though, I took classes but bottomed out hard there. More of an artist and I get as bored doing long math as I did when I was in school for it.

On examples. Here's two if you want to play around with them. From Knight Rider 2, I suggest getting it and ripping through the files there just to expand ones knowhow. Now the format is unusual, may even be how nif was intended to be used where the nifs themselves are containers. I had to mess around to get them working in CTool2 using an exploit I came up with for looking at FX in CTool back when. The original file is renamed character.nif. It contains keyframes, geometry and all sorts of other stuff inside it. The keyframe file is from Val's Bumblebee2 (car mode). You can drop that keyframe in anything and it will display in CTool so long as the other file is named character.nif. The odd thing that will happen here is it bounces back to the character.nif and plays the animations inside that one in sequence all in one single animation. In Hoffs case it takes a very long time to cycle through. In KITTS it happens in a blink and you have to pause and scroll to see it all go down. Next are files that are linked in the nifs that I setup in the skins/standard/ tree. They contain info as well the image files (textures) are inside of the nifs themselves (can be extracted) as are instructions for their displays. Noting originally there is then the game engine itself as well a lot more external files attached to these like more animation nifs, textures and specifically ini's that I didn't include.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/KR2_Hoff.rar
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/KR2_KITT.rar

On Netimmerse games: I've been slowly compiling stuff on all this. I haven't tested much other than Knight Rider, noting that one is not listed anywhere online and rather something I happened across by accident one day and surprise it opens in Nifskope. Anyways here's what I have right now, probably nothing new to you but just in case. Also maybe not new but knowing you work with stock animals a lot I noticed export for the games Wildlife Park 2 and Zoo Tycoon 2 in the 2.49b plugins and the games look to have a large volume of animal nifs included. May be of interest if you haven't already looked into that.

Spoiler
Atlantica
Axis and Allies
Bully SE
Civilization IV
Culpa Innata
Dark Age Of Camelot
Divinity 2
Emerge (?)
Empire Earth II
Empire Earth III
Epic Mickey
Fallout 3
-FF + FFVTR
Howling Sword
Kohan 2
KrazyRain
Lazeska
Loki
Megami Tensei: Imagine
Morrowind
NeoSteam
Oblivion
Prison Tycoon
Pro Cycling Manager
Red Ocean
Sid Meier's Railroads
Star Trek: Bridge Commander
The Guild 2
Warhammer
Wildlife Park 2
Worldshift
Zoo Tycoon 2

-
nifskope games:
- from Nifskope wiki
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee (can't open?)
-
Online lists with some info:
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Nif_Format/Nif_Resources
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo#Games

from internet forums:
Fallout 76
Fallout Las Vegas

discovered:
Knight Rider 2

Randomdays

Hey SA

No problem on putting the second tutorial on your site.

The wereshark imported to FF fine on some swimmer kfs - I used a Triton mesh for a base. For some reason he's very small in the character viewer, but fine in game.

The tail is static and tied to the pelvis.

For Wildlife Park2 ,most of the dinosaurs, and some other animals I just imported, are from that game and are on their own kfs.

Zoo Tycoon 2 has good nifs, but doesn't use kfs, so I have to tie their animals to existing armatures on import.

Since Morrowind and Oblivion have problems with the way their animations are made, I think they're out.

So, right now, for me at least, for new kfs and animations, I'm limited to Wildlife Park 2, Empire Earth 3, and Civiliation 4 - all games that use nifs and kfs.

RD

SickAlice

I read the tutorial. So Third Reich keys can be imported or only exported. Going to play with it a bit when time allots still. Also complete a list once there's more findings, ty for that info. I ran into something which again I'll look into more but it's about conversions to keyframe type scales. Just in basics my understanding is an animation type say is imported into Blender but then arranged on Blenders native scale for the player which is keyframe more or less. At this point that animation in the program would be exported as nif type keyframe and adjusted in the ways included in your tutorial (armature assignment, Nifskope tweeking and so on). That's not complete but I know you get the gist in the event you want to experiment as well. I'm looking at two cumbersome types in the long run, BRRES and the animation format used by XNALara. We'll see what comes of it. I know a good deal about converting 3d game model types, been awhile but enough anyways. Noesis and the BRRES stuff are invaluable tools there.

Randomdays

The eagle below may not look like anything spectacular, but he's a pretty neat breakthru. This model is from Ultima Online - The Mondain's Legacy expansion which was using the 3d client, discontinued later, using Granny1 meshes and animations. Jumping through a few hoops and more than one mesh editor, I was able to get this eagle skinned and turned into a nif. Probably no luck with the animations, but at least the meshes are available.

I haven't check out the enhanced client running now to see what it uses.

There's a granny viewer that will convert anything put in it from grn to gr2 that makes them more usable, and then a converter that exports them to smd, that gets them into Max 8.

The mesh is 240 vertexes and the skin is a 256 x 256 tga

Randomdays

Update - Replaced the Dragon Moray, Snake and Scorpion with versions that have selection boxes and bounding boxes.

Bug Pack 1 uploaded! comes with a Giant Blue Beetle from Ultima Online, 2 versions of a Bombardier Beetle, a Fire Beetle, and a Stag Beetle - all from NWN 2.

All are in the keyframe import area. The beetles are all using the Scorpion kfs, except for one beetle using a FF2 soldier ant set

Looking at the UO Models, they're fairly low poly since you're never supposed to get close to them in the game, and some of the skinners involved seems to have done a better job at it than others. NWN 1 and 2, Dark Age of Camelot, WOW and Everquest are available, and  will probably be better choices for Fantasy Creatures unless there's something unique in UO.

Pic of the Beetles below.

RD

cmdrkoenig67

I'm in awe of all the creatures and creepy crawlies, Randomdays! I love it!!! I'm just living for all the extra non-human monster content! I have yet to get them on my computer, though...I'm still having issues connecting my phone to my computer...ugh!

Love those bugs too!!!

That wereshark is so cool! "Candygram."

Those map items are amazing, as well! Love them!

Doesn't NWN have ghosts, wraiths, and spectres or something that them too? Could those meshes be put on the :ffvstr: Wraith meshes (or maybe the Fire Elemental mesh), perhaps? I'm just wondering?

Perhaps some NWN elemental meshes (if there is some, I'm trying to recall, it's been a while since I played).

Thank you for listening to my craziness...

Best,

Dana

Randomdays

Dana

Thanks - any feedback is good, and positive feedback is better.

"Candygram" - that brought a smile to my face - been a while since I've seen some classic SNL.

It'll be awhile to get to them, but they're in queue.

Elementals - NWN had the 4 base elementals, with more added by modders. The modders actually improved on some of the base elementals, making them more like the one pictured in the Monster Manual.

Ghosts, etc - Not sure but I'll look - you could also just make something more ghostly by turning on transparency.

I just found a whole bunch on content for Civ 4 to work on later, which is great since it'll add new animations as well as meshes. Besides a centaur and a naga, there's a large Warhammer mod that adds lots of Fantasy creatures. I'm thinking of creating a typical PC party to go with them - dwarf fighter, elf archer, etc. Tommyboy already has a warrior versatile that can turned into a bunch of different characters.

There's only a few Hanna Barbera characters I can finish up with, besides doing the Prehistoric and Undersea creatures that they can meet/fight, and helping with some mesh/skope work if Dean or anyone else needs to support.

Lots to work on and have fun with. Like I said way back on page one, there's an almost unlimited amount of content that can be added with importing - just not so many people around to enjoy them anymore. It'd be great if came back and were active again - maybe a fantasy -type map to go with the creatures?

RD