Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I love all of it. Also frees me up from finishing my Space Ghost, you put more TLC into your than I'd intended for mine anyways.

Randomdays

Thanks SA. Good to see you back posting. These were my 1st superheroes back when Saturday morning still meant something. I couldn't read yet, but along with the Hanna Barbera characters, my introduction to the mainstream heroes - Superman, Batman, Aquaman and the Justice League, Spiderman and the Fantastic Four - was Saturday Morning as well.

Very pumped to see what Dean, Dr Ruina, and anyone else has coming out, and happy I can contribute to the effort.

RD

deanjo2000

A very basic Jace (skope does'nt have a backpack)

Wips that still need a lot of work.

There are others too but these are further along.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

Great Dean! I like the face on the left Jace above the right one. The Mightor and Blue Falcon are both excellent.

I see you added the jetpack shoulder hooks to the skin - something that Jan doesn't have.

You can either skope over the jetpack I did from Jan, or I can do it, or if you're not happy with it start from scratch. It comes in two parts - the main pack and a flat plate to cover the inside area against the back.

RD

deanjo2000

Blip is a lot of trial and error but its getting to a place where i like it, its a hard mesh to skin but its coming along.

Randomdays

I looked at the skin that came with the mesh when I downloaded it, and saw that it was pretty high res and complicated. I wondered how things would go, and you're doing a typical amazing job.

Small request - an alt Jace skin without the shoulder hooks for Phantom Cruiser placement.

RD

BentonGrey

Wow, all of this is coming along great!  Look at Blip!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

DoctorRuina

This Mightor is great. An Blip and Jace. Space Ghost already has his sidekicks.

SickAlice

Much of my first ideas and still trying to keep them in play were Sat Morning stuff as well. I have some more obscure interests. I'm working a Blackstar in tangent with the MOTU one for example. Question since you're on jetpacks. Do you know the protocol for turning a particle emitter? Using the tornado from Tom's cannonball that I typically use. I had put it in Flaming Carrot and had to rotate it but it's been so long I can't remember what setting has to be changed. I swear I did that in the nif itself too, I wasn't keyframe savvy at the time.

Randomdays

Blackstar would be great - Trobbits and the rest as well?

I'm not sure, but the best example I can think of for something like jetpack exhaust would be Gren had a Iron Man Mk 7 with boot jets turned on, and I see you were messing around trying to that years ago for a Dr Doom jetpack. Maybe you could try to look at what you did then and see if it refreshes your memory.

detourne_me

You guys ares pulling me back into FF with talk of Blackstar.

What is it you want to do for a jetpack?
I might be able to dust out the cobwebs of some recessed memory to help. A few skopes, like Rocket Raccoon, Boba Fett, or that Ultron import you made SA, have simple particle emitters with basic scaling in the keyframes to turn them on or off. I believe those particle emitters could just be attached to any node. So, say you could skope on the nodes for a cape, and just position cape right and cape left to the exhaust ports of the jetpack. Then paste the particle emitters onto those nodes. Of course you could rename those cape nodes to something else so they wont be affected by any keyframes, but they would still be 'attached' to spine1.
After that, you'd just need to add info in the keyframes to turn them off for idle, melee idle and land animations, and turn them on for hover and fly.

DoctorRuina

DoctorRuina

What about the Centurions, MASK, James Bond Jr, and his interesting villains...?

Randomdays

Blackstar - Blackstar was an early 80's show by Filmation, right before Masters of the Universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstar_(TV_series)

For the others, I'm trying to concentrate on the 60's and maybe a few of the 70's shows for now.

If otheres want to bring in the 80's show, that would be great too.

RD

deanjo2000

I do have skopes for the centurions but will be awhile before I get to skin them.

Randomdays

Bring on the Bad Guys!

Since it looks like Mightor, the Herculoids and Dinoboy are getting some TLC, here's a few baddies for them to meet.

I've already done a bunch of ancient warriors, cavemen and dinosaurs, so these combine a few into rider meshes. Style also has a T-Rex and a Raptor rider mesh.

I know there's another Caveman out there, if someone has it can they send it my way.

A "Vulture Man" from the Mightor episode of the same name, as is the "Spear Warrior" from an episode of Dinoboy. Last is a Terror Bird Rider from the Dinoboy episode "Danger River. None are exact, but should still be fun to use;

BentonGrey

Blackstarr was a cool show; it'd be great to see it get some love!

RD, those look great!  I particularly like the triceratops one!

Hmm, you know, I watched all of these cartoons back in the day, especially all the Hannah-Barbara ones, but I don't think I ever saw Dino Boy.  That's a shame, because I would have been all over that one from the premise.  :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Randomdays

Thanks Benton.

The Triceratops rider is a custom user import of a mongol for Civ 4 or Civ 5.

They're done and I jest need to add some readmes before uploading. The Pteranadon was increased in size, the Triceratops was widened as he was a bit skinny, and the terror bird was cut to 50% size. I'll probably upload alternate meshes for those as well as the rider versions.

Dinoboy was in the middle of 2 Space Ghost episodes. If you watched one, you watched them both. Kind of like Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles and Moby Dick and Mightor.

deanjo2000

Fantastic :thumbup: they would work in a savage land mission too.

Randomdays

Good call Dean :thumbup:

This is interesting... and its a free download

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/chip-dale-rr-woodland-hideaway-challenge-effc756f94f045d28a69b69b94008ccb

So, I went ahead and bought the Impossible files. Imported Coil Man into Blender successfully, but its over a million polys. At present, Blender is reducing the poly count down to a manageable number. I'll post a picture if it works.

The set come with the 3 seperate Impossibles and the Impossicar with all three of them in sitting poses.

RD

The file is a stl file. These are used for 3d Printers, so its one solid color with no setup for skinning. I'll have to see how that goes when iget there.

BentonGrey

Wow, that is so cool!  Rescue Rangers!  :)
God Bless

Randomdays

After Poly Reducing, Coil Man went down to about 9000 polys. After removing the base, it should go down a bit more. The mesh had no materials or attributes, but after joining it to my basic donor, and then deleting that, it got some workable characteristics.

Since I don't know how to set up a uv for it, I'll probably color it by dividing it into pieces and giving each piece a base material color.

The next thing will be deciding what kfs to tie it to to get that hopping action. I might wind up doing the Toad again and see how that works.

Multiman would probably go on a male_shield/ cap base, and Fluid Man on a Plastic Man.

RD

SickAlice

Quote from: detourne_me on August 06, 2021, 12:06:38 AM
You guys ares pulling me back into FF with talk of Blackstar.

What is it you want to do for a jetpack?
I might be able to dust out the cobwebs of some recessed memory to help. A few skopes, like Rocket Raccoon, Boba Fett, or that Ultron import you made SA, have simple particle emitters with basic scaling in the keyframes to turn them on or off. I believe those particle emitters could just be attached to any node. So, say you could skope on the nodes for a cape, and just position cape right and cape left to the exhaust ports of the jetpack. Then paste the particle emitters onto those nodes. Of course you could rename those cape nodes to something else so they wont be affected by any keyframes, but they would still be 'attached' to spine1.
After that, you'd just need to add info in the keyframes to turn them off for idle, melee idle and land animations, and turn them on for hover and fly.

I considered the typical FX jets, maybe from Gren's Nick Fury. Though I want to stick with the tornado since there's a trick I can pull in the keys where another part vanishes at the same time and the tornado is pasted inside that node. I used this trick on Goblins and Flaming Carrot. In this case the part is the glow that happens inside the jetpack engine, saves me the trouble of doubling up in the animations. I always otherwise add to all keys, not just select ones. I found too many glitches can occur when animations are being weaved together.

I only need know how to rotate it, again I "think" this is done in the nif, possible the the Rotation Euler or Axis values and either the node or the Editable Mesh itself, but PArrary in this case. With no direction though I'm just shooting in the dark and trying one thing after another then reloading another fresh nif which is time consuming of course.

Far as Blackstar is concerned it will only be that character from the series if anyone else is motivated to do more. Just because the stuff I already made for He-Man lends itself to Blackstar. I otherwise only sort of remember the dwarf characters and that lava guy that had part of a lighter built into it to make it spark.

Randomdays

Blackstar was very similar to Masters of the Universe. If you like MotU, you'll probably like Blackstar.

Beside the "Trobbits" for comedy relief, he had a shapechanger friend named Klone, a spellcaster named Mara the Enchantress, and a riding dragon named Warlock. The main Bad guy, the Overlord, had a super powerful sword that got broken in two when Blackstar arrived and each got half.

Form what I remember, it was also going to have Blackstar be a Native American, but the network made Flimation back off on that and his background was never mentioned.

Randomdays

Here's Fluid Man and Multiman  - each about 4000-5000 Polys, down from 800,000

The Impossicar is clocking in at over 4,000,000 polys, and Blender and my laptop are having issues with such a large mesh.

Randomdays

Talked to Dean and since we both worked on Space Ghost's Jace, we'll both be uploading him to our own sites.

Here's 3 pics of Dean's Jace - One with the jetpack added, one in 'inviso' mode, and one added to the Phantom Cruiser.

RD

SickAlice

RD: I had some of the figures, KMart sale of course. Blackstar, the static Trobbits and whatever the lava guy was. Never bit on the cartoon so much. My devotions were to MOTU, TMNT, X-Men, Real Ghostbusters, BTAS, Darkwing Duck, Transformers and Inhumanoids (long time nif plans for the monsters here) that I can recall off the top of my head. I did have sorts of random figures from one brand or another though. I did a long deep dive into action figures of the era at some point trying to get inspiration for modelling. Sectaurs, Dino-Riders, Power Lords, Visonairies, Captain Power, Food Fighters and Barnyard Commandos are ones that stood out that I thought would make for striking models in game. But lack of time and after getting the rest of my que done being what it is here. Likewise I have the designs for the Blackstar characters in my concept art directory though as it is again I'm only planning to do him since he shares a body type with He-Man so I can easily just recycle what I have for that one.

Randomdays

Those are all good, though some are a bit weird. I thought Mighty Max and a few others were good back then too. Trying to get them all into the game would be a never ending quest.

It took a while to get the Impossicar down to a level where it would convert to a nif. The amount of polys for a solid nif is a lot lower than one made from separate parts.

Clocking in at just under the limit at about 11k polys, the Impossicar with the Impossibles riding inside.