Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorRuina

Randomdays

Monkeys are great!

Something for in the future, but probably not for awhile.....

https://www.models-resource.com/wii/cartoonnetworkpunchtimeexplosionxl/

Fond when I was looking for anything for Major Glory and Val Hallen. I think Daglob has already done Krunk. There's a Mojo Jojo as well.

RD

daglob

Quote from: Randomdays on July 31, 2021, 09:21:26 AM
:D

More Monkey Madness

:thumbup:

Krunk was just a skin on on a Hulk mesh. I did a General Glory, too (someplace). Someplace else I have a guitar to switch out with a Silver Surfer surfboard for Val Hallen, but I have never been skillful enough to make it work.

Randomdays

It's all good DG. The more there is the better.

Beware Space Ghost! Zorak has escaped prison and wants revenge!

Small update on this - The original mesh was made by a Sketchfab user called 'Personify', in honor of, and from a statue in the estate of, C Martin Croker.

I didn't know who that was, but looking him up, he was the voice of Zorak and Moltar in Space Ghost Coast to Coast. He died after feeling sick in 2016 from unknown causes at 54 years old. Wikipedia recounts that CN gave him a nice tribute about that time.

RIP. Thank you for the fun you brought.

I think it would be nice if someone could do Moltar for FF.

This mesh came out pretty nice - not perfect, but nice. The legs and the body angles are a little wonky at times due to the problems mentioned before. Had to shorten his arms to match the human armature from Tommyboy's trek_t. Every time I mess around with changing the length of the bones, strange things happen.

Original vertix count went from 130k to 7k. The skin is very well done.

The mesh spazzing out problem for some animations seems to be fixed. The overlapping hands DID create problems due to missing the middle area between the two hands. I wound up deleting the left hand entirely, fixing the holes in the right hand, and then mirror imaging the right hand to make a new left hand. It seems to have worked out pretty well on the mesh.

You'll occasionally see a problem with the wing cases and the pelvis area overlapping in different animations. Replaced the pistol and rifle with a couple I imported from the weapon packs I did a while back. No weapons in hover- ranged animations, but that's from the original kfs/ mesh.

The pic below shows idle, melee idle, ranged gun and ranged rifle.

RD

SuperPoweredYank

Looking good. :thumbup: Melee Idle looks a little funky, tho.

Randomdays

Zorak is a wonky, funky, kind of guy. The mesher did an excellent job on him (and as far as I can find, this is the ONLY downloadable mesh on the net for Zorak).

Unfortunately, being a funky kind of guy, he doesn't animate easily with standard kfs. He would need custom kf's from a master to reach his full potential.

RD

deanjo2000

Love it all, moltar is on my list and I've got ideas on how to do him justice.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Randomdays

And that's why this forum is one of the best out there.

I just uploaded Monkey 2 and Zorak to the Mega site I'm using; https://mega.nz/folder/bxoATQBA#zhsyE8hp1uwMeDk7r17BcQ

Monkey 2 is for FFvt3R under 'Animals', and Zorak is for FF under 'Others", but should work in both games.

If DG doesn't mind, I'm going to try to add a simple jetpack to Jan and then 1) do an alpha 'inviso' power version and 2) stick her in the Phantom Cruiser.

RD

DoctorRuina

It is time to meet the Council of Doom.

Randomdays

With Brak and Zorak, that's two of the six.

And if Dr R doesn't mind, I might try to take Tundro from the Herculoids and see about getting his legs to move on the wolf kfs.

RD

Randomdays

Well,

Monkey 3 has died. Doing ANYTHING to the mesh messes up the uv and the skin.

So.....Long Live Monkey 4!

We'll see how he works out.

DoctorRuina

Quote from: Randomdays on July 31, 2021, 04:37:39 PM

And if Dr R doesn't mind, I might try to take Tundro from the Herculoids and see about getting his legs to move on the wolf kfs.

RD

This Tundro is very improvable. Of course, you have to improve it.
The keyframes for Gloop and Gleep are very improvable too.

Randomdays

Thanks Dr R.

I'm thinking, maybe Bandit from JQ?

https://www.models-resource.com/3ds/nintendogscats/model/25038/

And maybe Moby Dick from the Mightor/ Moby show? Not that close of a match, but finding one that is will be difficult.

https://opengameart.org/content/5-low-poly-animals

Monkey 4 is done, looking classy with his cape and collar. He was rigged to Gren's Martian Jonn Jonzz and got his cape and kfs from there.

He went rather easily. His arms were too long and had to be shortened, and his legs were too short, but seem to be okay.

I think the only adjustment might be making the cape shorter so the tail doesn't pop thru.

Made for FF, but appears to work in both viewers. In both, he's rather small, and has some breakage in the viewer for FF.

Edit - Since I shrunk him down to monkey size, He now appears much bigger in the viewer.

He might be a good choice for Blip after all.

He needs to be resized down to monkey level and then he'll be up on the mega site in the animal area shortly.

The first pic shows idle, flying, melee idle, and running.

RD

deanjo2000

Bandit is a good fit, I think moby with the right skin could work too as it's probably the most we can get. Monkeys are just brilliant and I'm looking forward to getting onto them. I have an idea for the first rigged monkey which you've done. On a side note what's out there for dynomutt? I'd like him to go with the falcon I'm doing.

Randomdays

For Dynomutt, There's not much. SCD did one by putting a costume on Beyonder's Wolf.

I didn't see anything import wise out there - maybe the Blue Falcon's car/plane.

I would say 1) maybe the Scooby Doo I imported or 2 ) look at the master link for the Nintendogs game I put up for Bandit. Maybe one of those dogs might work.

RD

deanjo2000

Oh man I've been thinking of a way to do him and he would be hard, that model is just lovely.

Randomdays

Finished working on Daglob's Jan - not that it needed much help.

1) moved the ears into their proper location

2) moved the body onto the armature

3) added the jetpack. Took a simple box, put some curves on it and colored it red. It will take a skin if needed. It's adapted from the FF1 'letter' nif that came with the game.

4) also did an 'Inviso' mode. It wouldn't work for FF, so its for FFvt3R only.

RD

deanjo2000

That's a great skin, I know daglob says it's unfinished but I thought it looked amazing as is. The skope is top notch too. Is there a jayce out there or shall I pop him on my list.

Randomdays

Thanks Dean

No Jace. DEFINITELY should be on your list (near the top)

Got permission from DG to post them on the Mega site. They'll be up in a few minutes.

Edit - both Jans are uploaded to the 'Other' directory.

Thanks Daglob.

RD

Randomdays

Tundro update

Dr Ruina gave permission to update his Tundro for the Herculoids. It was based off a Beast Boy set, and like most of those there was no good kfs for animation so he kind of 'bounced' along.

A couple of hoops to jump thru when updating it but;

1) removed all the other Beast Boy forms from the mesh as they weren't needed. Brought the poly count way down.

2) removed part of the rhino body from inside the armor as they're never seen.

3) changed leg count from 10 to 8, removing middle set of legs. Moved the back legs higher on the mesh as they appear low when animated.

4) rerigged and changed the kfs to Valendar's Headstrong Transformer. Tundro now runs, headbutts, and has what looks like a horn firing his energy rocks.

He'll probably need a weapon node set up for that.

He doesn't look much different on the outside, but the inside has changed a lot.

Mesh is for FF, but it won't animate in the FF viewer so he may not work there. He animates fine in the FFvt3R viewer though, so he might need to be tested in both games.

Also, not happy with the lighting in the viewer as he appears too light. If someone can adjust that, that would be great (same problem with the elephant I did as well, if someone wants to look at that also.)

Uploading to the Mega site under 'Others'

RD

DoctorRuina

Great RD! I'm going to try this Tundro right now. Daglob did not do a Jayce? It would be easy to do it kittbashing his Jan in a male_basic or similar.

Randomdays

Sounds good Dr R. Let me know how the Tundro works for you.

I'm not sure what Daglob's stance is on kitbashing - I'd PM him first if you're going to do that and make sure he's okay with it.

RD

Also,

I looked at Saturday Morning Squared's Samson and Goliath work. The Goliath is a pretty good lion, including the grey steel paw, off of Big Cat Versatile I assume.

The Samson is a skin for a Bobby 69 mesh, but he doesn't say which one. I've tried several 'mullet' ones of his and others, but none seem to fit. From what I have seen of the skin, its not bad, but it looks more like an older, rougher, Samson than the one on the show.

I'm also looking at dog and scooter meshes for the unpowered up versions, plus I'll need an unpowered skin for Samson as well.

RD

deanjo2000

Again they are on my list :D I was going to skope him from grens hercules as the base. The lion I was going to see if enlarging the head and mane would make him more like the show. For tundro is it possible to flatten the horn and then skope on 3 smaller horns maybe from gren meshes?
I think it'll just be easier for me to skin jayce than to kittbash jan.

Randomdays

Hey Dean - the horns for Tundro shouldn't be an issue. Looking at the picture below, it looks like he'll need only two more horns

When I was Google searching, I noticed that sometimes Tundro appears brown, and sometimes green. I just started watching the show again when I get some free time for a classic Saturday morning marathon for a few shows.

https://picclick.com/The-HERCULOIDS-TUNDRO-MODEL-SHEET-PRINT-Hanna-154189570696.html#&gid=1&pid=1

I'm also reading some Silver Age comics and found something interesting; In Gold Key's Phantom # 2 from 1963, there's a side story arc starting called "King, Queen and Jack. It starts with a twin engine plane with its engines failing over the African Jungle. A boy, Jack, parachutes from the plane like the opening from Dinoboy. And just like Dinoboy, a (normal) tiger attacks, waiting for lunch. Instead of a caveman rescue, he's saved by a couple of hunters named Victor King and Francis Queen.

Mind you, this is at least 2-3 years before HB made Dinoboy.

RD

deanjo2000

That's very interesting, I like little finds like that.

Randomdays

Upgraded Tundro now available on the mega site. Delete your old file and redownload.

1) narrowed the front horn and made it more pointed.

2) added two smaller horns above the front horn

3) moved the top horn back and changed the tip a little

4) moved the ears back and rotated them to better match Tundro animated.

5) added back in the 5th set of legs.

updated pic below. I think he definitely needs to be green from the show.

RD

deanjo2000

Brilliant :thumbup: I really didn't think tundro could be done in ff without a proper mesh but you and Dr R have pulled it off. I'm hoping to slap a skin on him in the next week or so :thumbup:

Randomdays

Thanks Dean. Looking forward to it. There's a lot you can do with nifskope, but somethings need a 3D program like Blender to make it simpler, or to do it at all.

During the work week, I don't have  lot of time for complicated projects, so in the next couple of days a few simple things;

1) Another Tundro - the one posted was scaled up to transformer size, and needs to be shrunk a bit

2) Dorno frequently rode on Tundro's back, so maybe a rider version of that. Possibly Zandor or Tara on Zok's back as well.

3) Putting Daglob's Jan inside the Phantom Cruiser in her normal seat.

I had just been talking about HB's Impossibles with Daglob, and I may try those next. Both he and Cyber were big fans of the characters and I think it would be a good tribute if I can get them to work.

Still in shock over his loss.

RD

Randomdays

The updated Tundro is now uploaded to the mega site. He's shrunk a bit, but different pics show him in different sizes, so its a bit subjective.

Also, added Jan to the Phantom Cruiser. Took a bit longer since for some reason my versions of Jan wouldn't go back into Blender and I couldn't find Daglob's original Jan - accidentally deleted I guess. Had to find the originally mesh (Tomato's female_basic_tm2) and rebuild it.

Pic below