Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vorelliwiseau

@ Randomdays, Part 1: That Grim is supremely kickass - Love the cartoon-y cloak tails! I'm gonna give him all 10 stats and pit him against the core Freedom Force.

On a side note, where do I get him? I checked the releases thread, but I could only see the Tom and Jerry meshes in the swap_shop attic YG. Thanks in advance!

@CyberBurn and Hoss20:
Just got your e-mail (plus the neat tutorial doc), and man, that Blue Falcon is AMAZING. I spent like minutes checking out over his cool new moves on CTool - he's so like Batman now! You were right about the skins being shiny, so I'll adjust them as you recommended before I release it. Anyhow, you and Hoss20 have my thanks!

@ Randomdays, Part 2:

I regret to inform you that I won't be able to do Mightor as I promised. I went into this thinking I could do it, and well, time has proven that I can't. Mightor has proven to be quite a difficult piece to make, and I'm sorry I couldn't use all that legwork.

In conclusion, I offer this picture of apology:

Spoiler

Nah, I'm totally kidding. Mightor's done and ready to go!

Mightor_v1

Spoiler
Mesh:
Main - Baldur_t by tommyboy
Cowl - male_longhair_head from Tommyboy's Second Head Collection, by Tommyboy
Cape - CSA_Ultraman_REN by Renegade
Club and Skirt - Warrior from Civ 4, from the FF_Swap_Shop [lead given by Randomdays]
Ankle Cuffs - Tom_Versatile by Tommyboy
Trapped Tor's Head - male_cowlicks_head from Tommyboy's Second Head Collection, by Tommyboy
Trapped Tor's Hair - sun_boy_tv, by Tommyboy
Mightor Horns, Cowl Guard, and Black Lantern Logo made by me!

Skin:
Main - male_basic_TM, by The Firey Tomato
Cape -  male_cape_base from the C6 Base Skins collection by Courtnall6
Trapped Tor's Head - male_basic_TM, by The Firey Tomato
Cowl, Club, Skirt, Ankle Cuffs, Trapped Tor's Hair, Mightor Horns, Cowl Guard and Black Lantern Logo exported from NifSkope

Keyframes: Baldur_t, by tommyboy

Character Concept: Alex Toth

Mightor created by Alex Toth. Mightor and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera. Moby Dick and Mighty Mightor is a registered trademark of and copyrighted by Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc., and Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc., a Turner company. All rights reserved.

Freedom for Force Versus the Third Reich Copyright © 2005 Irrational Games.
Freedom Force and the Freedom Force logo and related characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Irrational Games unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.

=======

Sorry it took so long, I had mid-terms last week, plus Mightor's cape was really hard to do. I edited the cape from Tomato's Ultraman mesh in Blender, until I realized that Renegade did the mesh, so instead I had to edit the vertices in Nifskope, and that took really long.

Anyways, it's finished now, so no harm done! For the record: I give permission to edit my work using any software you'll need to do it, Blender, Nifskope or whatever. If you need Minesweeper to edit El Gaucho, by all means edit away!

Another reason it took way too long was this:

It's a Black Lantern Firestorm deal: the ghost head with the Kirby Dots is Tor, trapped inside Mightor's body.

What happened was Mightor got KIA'd, but instead of both of them dying, Tor just got depowered. Mightor's corpse is still there, but it's dead, kind of like a vanishing twin thing. So when black rings came a' callin, it couldn't take Mightor even if he had died, because half of him - Tor -  wasn't dead, not really.

So instead of going for Tor, it went for the magic club, because it was the only way it could mainline to the dead Mightor. So instead of the dead hero trapped inside the living caveboy, we have a living caveboy trapped inside a dead hero.

If there's no problems, I'll drop off the links right away!

Randomdays

Thanks guys. This is Grim from the Grim and Mandy Cartoon network Show, taken from the Wii Punchtime Explosion Game. I also made the scythe into a separate nif and included it for anyone who wanted to add it other meshes could do so.

V - 1) Will release the entire Halloween pack when done next week. Will do a pack of at least 3 characters, but hoping for 6.

2) Mightor is awesome, as always. Being a greedy pig, any chance of a simple Tor release sometime in the future as well? I always like secret identity / companion character releases and there are too few of those. When I was looking at the characters, I though Sheera would be easy as some red hair, a necklace and a dress.

If I haven't said it enough, thanks lots for doing both Brak and Mightor.

BigD

Hey there everyone including you Random :lol:, just wanna let you all know that I really like Grim the grim reaper from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and above all I didn't know that he was also in the Wii game Punchtime Explosion which I think is also cool plus just so you know I am a big #1 fan of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy as well :). I also like Mightor very much since I do remember the classic HANNA-BARBERA cartoon series THE MIGHTY MIGHTOR from 1967 which I really like since he made a special guest appearance on one episode of the HANNA-BARBERA classic cartoon series SPACE GHOST during the final six episodes involving The Council of Doom :D. So far so good ^_^, I hope they will be released one way or another soon enough and I do hope everyone including me will enjoy playing with them in :ff: depending on which version they are for :lol:. Until we meet again everyone, peace out and I'll CUL8TR ;).

BigD
:cool:

vorelliwiseau

Nah, I don't mind making a Tor one! I have the important pieces here anyway. Maybe I can do a Sheera (rounding it to a solid 3-pack), but I'll have to entrust Mightor's Rogues to someone better, though - sorry!

In fact, I've been wondering if there's a civilian identity pack around for some time now. There's Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne, but I've been wondering if there's a LabCoat!Barry Allen or a Diana Prince skin/mesh out there somewhere.

Will post back with Blue Falcon, Mightor and Tor (and maybe Sheera) DL links!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 26, 2013, 05:43:47 PM
@CyberBurn and Hoss20:
Just got your e-mail (plus the neat tutorial doc), and man, that Blue Falcon is AMAZING. I spent like minutes checking out over his cool new moves on CTool - he's so like Batman now! You were right about the skins being shiny, so I'll adjust them as you recommended before I release it. Anyhow, you and Hoss20 have my thanks!

All thanks goes to Hoss, I just did a little copying and pasting, and once again, Hoss came to my rescue and did all the hard stuff. Unfortunately, I have yet to successfully add effects to something that didn't have them already set up.

In regards to the tutorial I put together, like I said, different meshers and skopers do things differently, so that tutorial is more of a rough guide than anything else.

And I also have to say that Mightor looks fantastic, once again you have put together something fantastic.

I could have sworn that I had seen a Barry Allen floating around somewhere, Benton maybe?

Randomdays

That's awesome V! Thanks for taking that on.

I don't remember a Barry Allen anywhere. The ones I know of - most of the Batman/ Superman support crew are out there - Clark, Lois, Perry, Jimmy, Bruce, Commissioner Gordon. There's a Bruce Banner with labcoat , Jonah Jameson and a girlfriend pack from Avalon for Marvel. Maybe a Tony Stark.

And I think that's about it. I've always wanted some of the major characters like Peter Parker, Aunt May, Matt Murdock, Donald Blake, etc but no one ever got around to doing them.

Maybe since I started work some on the Sims 2 Editor I could try to throw some together down the line. I can rig up the lab coat on the other page to a male_basic and do a generic face and that could be a starter, like male_basic_labcoat, and people could skin from that.

Randomdays

Halloween Part 2;

While the last character was one of the scariest, there's something even he fears.

When he goes bump in the night, sometimes something bumps back.

Putting a fresh new face on evil, its.........

Spoiler

Mandy.

Oh, and Billy too. Both on Bearded's Joker kf's.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also; 2) I think there's a Dynomutt out there, and a Dorno from the Herculoids by Dr Ruina. I can't find them on my backups, so thanks if anyone can direct me to them.

3) On the secret identity/ friends meshes mentioned above, here's some meshes from DC Universe put on TF3D. something to add to my list of things I want to rig.
             http://tf3dm.com/search/?q=dc+universe&format=All+Formats&search=Search
             Harvey Bullock
             Commissioner Gordon
             Jimmy Olsen
             Lois Lane

vorelliwiseau

Heh, nice! Perfect counterbalance for Grim. I had a feeling those two would pop out somewhere.

As for the labcoat, that would actually be a good idea! There's a few characters I have in mind that could really use a male_basic_labcoat kind of base mesh.

Anyway, here's the Mightor Booster Pack! It comes with Mightor, Tor and Sheera. Black Lantern Mightor with Ghost Tor included. Download it here!

Pics and Sourcing for Tor and Sheera below:
Spoiler

=========================
Tor_v1

Mesh:
Main - Male_Teen_TM by The Firey Tomato
Tor's Hair - sun_boy_tv, by Tommyboy
Skirt - Warrior from Civ 4, from the FF_Swap_Shop [lead given by Randomdays]
Ankle Cuffs - Tom_Versatile by Tommyboy
Skin:
Main - male_basic_TM, by The Firey Tomato
Ankle Cuffs, Tor's Hair and Skirt exported from NifSkope
Keyframes: Male_Teen_TM by The Firey Tomato

=========================
Sheera_v1

Mesh:
Main - Female_Basic_TM2 by The Firey Tomato
Sheera's Hair - Eve, by Irrational Games
Necklace stones made by me!

Skin:
Main - Female_Basic_TM2 by The Firey Tomato
Sheera's Hair - female_longhair from the C6Femalebase_2Pack, by Courtnall6
Necklace stone skins exported from NifSkope

Keyframes: Female_Basic_TM2 by The Firey Tomato

Sheera created by Alex Toth. Mightor and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera. Moby Dick and Mighty Mightor is a registered trademark of and copyrighted by Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc., and Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc., a Turner company.
All rights reserved.

Freedom for Force Versus the Third Reich Copyright © 2005 Irrational Games.
Freedom Force and the Freedom Force logo and related characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Irrational Games unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.

I'll upload Blue Falcon_v2 next!

BigD

Hey there everyone :lol:, I just wanted to let know that I just caught a glimpse of the latest updates in the form of preview pics and also since the last time I was here when I mentioned to all of you that I was a #1 fan of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and I'm also happy to announce that my prayers had been answered and also I had just gotten my first glimpse of Billy and Mandy in their first ever appearance as :ff: meshes ^_^. I really like them very much, and also I can't believe that they both use Bearded's aka Beard's Joker keyframes plus I also caught a glimpse of the preview pics of Tor and Sheera from HANNA-BARBERA's THE MIGHTY MIGHTOR and they both look awesome so far :thumbup:. Anyways, I like what's going on so far with the latest designs and creations in the forms of new meshes and such and I do hope that they come our way soon enough but if they're already out I'll make my way towards them and grab them whenever I get the chance :). Until then everyone, keep up the good work and I do hope that you can come up with some great ideas in the form of new releases so that we can download them, enjoy them and play with them on :ff: depending on which version they are really for after they had been released for us to download ;).

BigD

Randomdays

Awesome as always V. Thanks for taking some time out from your Batman project to do these - while they'll probably only find a small audience who wants them, the few of us who do really appreciate them.

I'll take a look at making the labcoat basic after the last Halloween pack is done, and then some more prehistoric meshes of dinos and cavemen that ought to go well with Mightor.

daglob

I did a skin of Bruce Banner in a labcoat for Texas Jack's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mesh, and I know there is one other Banner only. Atomic Robot did skins for Lois, Perry, and Jimmy, and Bearded did meshes for Clark Kent and Jimmy (with AR skins). I also did Adam West Bruce Wayne skins (suit and ascot versions), and there is at least one other Bruce skin (I've seen it at FXForce). I know too there are a couple of Commissioner Gordons out there.

However, other than Leslie Thomkins and a some Spidey girl friends, I don't know of any other supporting cast members.

Randomdays

There's a couple of Jonah Jameson's done recently. Benton may have some in his new Marvel heroes mod - I remember he was looking for Tony Stark among some other characters.

After Halloween AND the dinos AND the Jonny Quest AND the Space Ghost stuff, I'll look at rigging those DCU characters I linked to.

Tons of stuff to do, and enthusiam and time to work on them at the moment.

vorelliwiseau

Not a problem, Random! When it comes to hobbies, it's about the feeling of having completed something, if you get what I mean.

Also, after all this is over we should get several of us together and do a Civilian Identities thread! You know, just for kicks.

Randomdays

That would be good. Almost every mainstream character for Marvel and DC has been done, some multiple times. For some characters, the secret identity isn't all that important or used that much. But for someone like Spider-man or Superman, they play a major part of the story, along with their crew.

vorelliwiseau

Here's Blue Falcon, now with new and improved Bat-moves and snazzy, shiny new gauntlets, beak, belt and boots! Brought to you by Cyber Burn, Hoss20, Random, and me! Download it Here!
[NOTE: Now upgraded to Blue Falcon v2.1, I fixed some minor problems regarding pinking textures. Sorry for the mix-up!]

@ Random: With Mightor and Blue Falcon, that's two down from the Justice League of Hanna-Barbera. I'll be bowing out for a while to get back to Batman, Inc - hope you don't mind, man!

@Hoss, or maybe Cyber: That fullbody .refl thing from Blue Falcon could be very useful to me in the future - d'you two mind if I use it in the future, like for my Batman, Inc. set?

I haven't tested it out on other meshes yet (I'm working on something big to cap off Halloween) but I could try and study some tutorials to make it work. Just wanted to ask permission. Thanks!

Amazo Version 2.2

that is seriously sweet, i can't wait to get my computer back and up and running. great job on both blue falcon and the black lantern.

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Randomdays

V - no problem, I appreciate the time you've taken from your own project to work on these. Of course when you're ready, I have a few things in mind ..........

Looking forward to seeing more of your own work in the meantime.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 30, 2013, 12:44:20 AM
Here's Blue Falcon, now with new and improved Bat-moves and snazzy, shiny new gauntlets, beak, belt and boots! Brought to you by Cyber Burn, Hoss20, Random, and me! Download it Here!

@ Random: With Mightor and Blue Falcon, that's two down from the Justice League of Hanna-Barbera. I'll be bowing out for a while to get back to Batman, Inc - hope you don't mind, man!

@Hoss, or maybe Cyber: That fullbody .refl thing from Blue Falcon could be very useful to me in the future - d'you two mind if I use it in the future, like for my Batman, Inc. set?

I haven't tested it out on other meshes yet (I'm working on something big to cap off Halloween) but I could try and study some tutorials to make it work. Just wanted to ask permission. Thanks!

No permission needed for that, there are actually a few ways to get that "All Shiny" effect. You could either copy the "Male_Basic" (Or whatever you are using) and rename the copy to "Male_Basic_Refl", or you could make an all grey/silver (.TGA) or (.DDS) and name it "Male_Basic_Refl". It should work with any mesh that has the (Refl) enabled.

Random, if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning next? If you are planning on it being a surprise though, please don't feel obligated to answer. I'm just being nosy.  :D

Randomdays

Finishing up a couple of Halloween rigs (hopefully), though I'm having a bit of trouble with the 1st.

Daglob is handling the Jonny Quest and Space Ghost things for now so I'll wait on that and see how he's doing with those.

I've got a small creature from a Turok game I've adjusted some things on that it might be a good monkey for Space Ghost's Blip or Tarzan's Nkima.

So I think next - Prehistoric things since the Mightor just got done. I can do a spear and axe version of the Civ 5 caveman, the bachite is already pretty close to a cave woman and might just need some leopard/ tiger skin clothes to fit.

I' ve got a triceratops, stegasaurus, mammoth and few other creatures to rig. The stegasaurus without the back fins would be a good baby brontosaurus with a reskin or simple recolor, and with some dimension changes, a reskin and some wings added would be a good Tog for Mightor.

And a couple of other things that might or might not workout.

vorelliwiseau

@Cyber - neat tip, lemme try that out for my next skope. Thanks for the heads up!

@Random - Can't wait for Blip and Tog! You seem to be an expert when it comes to meshing cartoon creatures.

@ Amazo - I've been faced with a wonky laptop before (something about poorly applied thermal paste), so I hope yours comes out all right. Blue and Black'll be here when it does.

Oh, and guys, I've upped Blue Falcon to v2.1. I fiddled around with it in-game and found the refl textures [Black Lantern linings, gloves, etc.] sometimes ends up reflecting pink. Hopefully this version solved the problem. Link location remains the same, for convenience. Super sorry!

Randomdays

Looks like the Halloween release will be just the 3 shown already. Can't seem to get the arms to do what they should on the next one, and that was going to be the base for two more.

I'll do readmes and portraits in the morning and release the three finished ones then.

V - did some tweaking on the small animal this morning to make it more "monkey" like - I'll post a pic later and I can try rigging it to one of the acrobatic kfs. but it will have to wait for a skinner to go to work on it. Might be able to do a transparent version for "inviso" mode as well.

Cyber Burn

I don't know if they are possible or not, but since you guys are making Hanna-Barbara characters, I thought I would ask.

Is there any chance of seeing the Impossibles making their way into the FF games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossibles_%28cartoon%29

I loved them when I was a kid, one of the few things that could always put a smile on my face.

Randomdays

I had thought about them too, but since their body types are so unique, it wouldn't be easy. They might have to have meshes created just for them.

Something to look at down lthe line, unless someone else tackles them first. In my case too, someone else would have to skin them if I got around to making them.

Podmark

Cool stuff, very timely with the Black Lantern versions.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Randomdays

Upping the 3 Halloween releases in a few minutes. I also think I got the problem solved on the other mesh but it will take a couple of days to tweak it and get the other two ready, so they'll be a late release.

In the meantime, enjoy some Halloween Grim, Billy and Mandy goodness.

vorelliwiseau

Fantastic work on Grim and Mandy, Random! Took them for a test drive - Minuteman and his color crew had a little more fight in them than I expected. Not by much, though.

Billy however seems to be short a, well, Billy. Can't seem to find his character.nif file.

Randomdays

Billy told me he got lost while Trick and Treating. He's now been found and is ready to be redownloaded.

Billy apologizes for the confusion.

Randomdays

Halloween Part 2 done - finally.

After many tries, various mad scientist experiments and many failures, my creatures have life!

Every mad scientist, evil genius or anyone who wants to rule the world knows, you can't do it alone. You need help. It could be an army of zombies, the hordes of Hydra (Hail Hydra!) or some black clad ninjas.

Or a bunch of guys named Dave, Mark, Jerry, Stuart and Tim. Otherwise known as...................

Spoiler

Minions

Originally from a sketchup model of 40,000 polys, reduced to 10,000. Replaced the large boxing clove type hands with hands from the Loony Tunes Sylvester mesh taking ploycount down to under 8000.

Had to rearrange the bones in the skeleton to get things to even half work. The whole body is assigned to the neck bone, the arms to the upper arm bones only - otherwise they "stretched" down to the ground. Legs and feet rigged to the thigh bones only. Changed the run mode to walk animation to fix problems.

Due to the resizing and the rigging used, when he fires either gun the fx appears higher than the mesh. Maybe a skoper can change the weapon node or something to fix the problem.

Two eyed, one eyed and tall versions with two different hair and mouth choices. Rigged to Ren's Punisher kfs. Removed the rifle and uzis and replaced the uzi's with rayguns from the Bugs Bunny outerspace mesh.

Should be up in a day or two - portraits and readmes to do still.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigD

Just so you know everyone that I'm truly a big of both the movies known as DESPICABLE ME and DESPICABLE ME 2 :D, and also I do like the minions of Gru from both movies very much. They really look great so far, and also I like the way they have been made and customized at the same time :thumbup:. Also I like to point out that Dave, Mark, Jerry, Stuart and Tim look great and I do hope that we can play with them depending on which version of :ff: they are all for ^_^. Anyways, great job with the minion's of Gru from both DESPICABLE ME movies and I do hope that we will all get a chance to download them and play with them at the same time :). Until we meet again everyone, play on :ff: fans and I'll CUL8TR ;).

BigD