Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Randomdays on September 30, 2013, 11:41:10 PM

Daglob, looking at some Space Ghost cartoons, I really didn't see a nozzle on the jet pack. Jonny Quest's jet pack did, but I think  the quiver might be alright as is for Jan, maybe some narrowing at the bottom where the thrust came from.

how about a gun holster as a jetpack? and for the 7/L piece, maybe a horn piece from someones head?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Quote from: Randomdays on September 30, 2013, 11:41:10 PM
Daglob, looking at some Space Ghost cartoons, I really didn't see a nozzle on the jet pack. Jonny Quest's jet pack did, but I think  the quiver might be alright as is for Jan, maybe some narrowing at the bottom where the thrust came from.

I may be mis-remembering. I couldn't find a pic, and the library blocks Youtube (and other streaming media sites) so I couldn't look for a cartoon. wonder if I can find one of my SG comics...

vorelliwiseau

I have that Blue Falcon I PM requested from you, Random. The face was a bit tricky, so anyone, feel free to edit the hell out of it!

Oh, and in honor of Halloween, every file I'll upload this October comes with a bonus Black Lantern skin! [The next Batman Inc. 3-pack counts, too.] Think of it as my Halloween present or something!

Here are some preview shots:
Spoiler

Blue Falcon v1

Mesh: male_cape_lowboots by The Beyonder
Base Skin: edited from male_basic.tga, from Male_Stocky_TM by The Firey Tomato
Forehead Beak and Beak Skin by Randomdays
Keyframe: male_cape_lowboots by The Beyonder

Skin edited in GIMP!

Blue Falcon created by Joe Ruby and Ken Spears. SPA and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera. Dynomutt, Dog Wonder is a registered trademark of and copyrighted by Hanna-Barbera Productions, Inc., and Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc., a Turner company. All rights reserved.

Freedom for Force Versus the Third Reich Copyright © 2005 Irrational Games.
Freedom Force and the Freedom Force logo and related characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Irrational Games unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.

And here's Blue Falcon facing off with with his Black Lantern counterpart:

Spoiler

As usual, if the sourcing's right and if there aren't any concerns, I'll drop off the links right away!

spydermann93

Randomdays

Totally awesome!

Small correction though- I told vorelliwiseau that I had merely grabbed some vertexes on the original mesh's face and moved them around to add the beak, but now thinking about it, I think what I actually did back then was grab the beak from a bird mesh, attach it to the male cape mesh, and then move the vertexes around to fit the face of the mesh.

Edit - Yeah! My 500th post - All your base are belong to us! (Evil Laugh!)

vorelliwiseau

@Randomdays: Oh, that's cool - in that case, I'll just wait for you to get the sourcing corrections. I'm not pressed for time anyway! Please PM me with the credits if you find them so I can change the readme.

@spydermann: Thanks! Stay tuned for more!

Randomdays

Almost done with the Tom and Jerry group. Pictured - Tom, Jerry, Nibbles, Spike, Tyke standing, Butch, Robot Cat, Duckling and Tyke walking.

Butch has hand problems in Character viewer but appears normal in game.

Still have to rig the Robot Cat, Duckling and the second Tyke.

Not shown are skopes of the group - 4 more Tom, 4 more Jerry, 2 more Nibbles, 1 more Butch and 1 more Duckling. Total should be 21 meshes.

After rigging the last 3, still have to do portraits, resize them down and adjust their Z axis down so they don't appear to be floating

vorelliwiseau

These are fantastic! I'm interested in that Robot Cat, specifically. What's the scale on that thing?

Plus, I love the details, especially the greenish bloodshot eyes. How'd you keep that kind of noticeable detail quality?

Cyber Burn

These are awesome Random, you're bringing characters to FF that I don't think anyone though they would ever see. This will lead to some potentially very fun rumble room sessions.  :D

Randomdays

Thanks Cyber.

V - The game these came out of is from 2003, so polycount is just a bit higher the FF - about 2-5k on average. Skinning is done a bit different - more by color than a total skin like we're used to. If you download one of these when they're done and look at the tgas, you'll see what I mean.

For scale, most of these import very small and I size them up to match whatever donor I'm using from FF. When done, I'll use nifscope to scale them back down. I figure 50% for the cats, 60% for Spike and 25-30% for the smaller characters.

For the robot cat and the last tyke I'm going to try to rig to ren's dd_wolf that I've used before. It actually has a jawbone and some animations so I MIGHT be able to get the mouth to open and close on the robot cat. I'll probably size that down a bit, but you can scale it to whatever you want with nifscope.

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet stuff randomdays. very impressive what youre doing. just out of curiosity, wasn't there a lockjaw (the inhuman's dog from marvel) mesh floating around? maybe you could use that?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Randomdays

There is a Lockjaw out there and I'm pretty sure I have it. I'll take a look when I get home. Many meshes have turned out that they won't work for me in Blender though because of the way they were made. I know that right off hand that big cat versatile is one that won't work when I import and export back out.

Edit - oh, and I wan't too happy how wide the standing tyke looked, so I narrowed the x axis on the mesh only down to 60% and now he looks more like the second Tyke in his width.

Cyber Burn

Vorelliwiseau, that is a fantastic Blue Falcon! Just out of curiosity, since "Blue Falcon" seemed to come across as a "Batman" - like character, would you be willing to skope your skope onto one of the "Batman" meshes so that it has those type of animations? I know you've given yourself a hefty workload with other projects, so I won't be offended if you aren't currently able or willing to do this as far as time or interest goes. In which case, I will definitely do so once you release it to the public.  :D

And now I'm rambling, sorry.  :banghead: Been one heck of a long day.

vorelliwiseau

@CyberBurn: No problem, man! I've just done the finishing touches on the skins, so just tell me how to do it and I will. Which materials do I copy where?

Anyway, give me your links, and I'll give you a kicky Blue Falcon!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 07, 2013, 11:25:06 PM
@CyberBurn: No problem, man! I've just done the finishing touches on the skins, so just tell me how to do it and I will. Which materials do I copy where?

Anyway, give me your links, and I'll give you a kicky Blue Falcon!

Giving instructions is definitely not one of my stronger suits. If you'd like, I can send you a PM with my e-mail address and I could very happily do this for you. Especially since, like I said, I would have done it anyway.  :D Plus I can write down the steps I take as I go and then post them for you. As long as it's alright with you guys.

vorelliwiseau

Sure! PM me with your email and what files you'll need me to send to you. 

vorelliwiseau

And you've got mail. I'll wait - message me if you didn't get any e-mails!

daglob

:)

The Blue Falcon...

Y'know, I think one of Tommy's meshes has a hawk beak that has a hollow underside and could be re-sized...

vorelliwiseau

Oh, no, that's okay - Random did the beak mesh already.

I'll check Tommyboy's meshes for that thing you mentioned, though -  there's someone I have in mind I could use that for. Any names?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 08, 2013, 08:14:12 AM
And you've got mail. I'll wait - message me if you didn't get any e-mails!

Got it! Thank you.  :D I'll get it back to you by this weekend.

daglob

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 10, 2013, 02:39:44 AM
I'll check Tommyboy's meshes for that thing you mentioned, though -  there's someone I have in mind I could use that for. Any names?

I don't remember which mesh it was on. I used a TV beak for the toe claws on my Ultra-The Multi-Alien scope, and the first one I did for FFv3R was solid, but on the second one for FF I discovered that the beak I picked had a concave bottom (and maybe only one side; making it invisivble from one direction). I do need to look at for it, though, since it would make my Golden Age Raven and War Eagle scopes look better. It might do as the visor for some G-Force helmets...

I'm pretty sure it was one of his Hawkman meshes, but which one...

Randomdays

Touche, Pussycat!

For the Musketeer skopes, took a sword from another mesh (checked and seems like its a common item found in Conan, Zorro and other skopes) and replaced the mallet with it. Also lengthened it a bit and made the guard more round to be more like a foil or epee.

All meshes, skopes, portraits and resizes done and tested in game. I WAS able to get the jaw movement working for the robot cat.

21 characters total. 9 Basic, 3 Musketeer, 1 winter, 3 beach, 3 western, 2 sailor.

Watch the releases thread - should be out later today or tomorrow - or, just checked, whenever yahoo gets the groups fixed since they're not working - again.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

windblown

wow, those are very cool Randomdays!

BigD

Hey Random :lol:, just wanted to let you know that I had recently just caught a glimpse of the other Tom and Jerry characters such as the robot cat along with the other characters that you've been working on and above all I just got a glimpse of the latest characters that you just gave us a preview of ^_^. I really like the picture of the latest additions of the Tom and Jerry character lineup which consists of the Tom and Jerry characters Tom, Jerry and Nibbles looking like characters from the Three Musketeers almost, and also I just wanted to let you know that I had just gone to the corresponding link to the release of the Tom and Jerry characters and noticed the same ones such as the robot cat and the others but I did also notice that you did beach versions of the characters such as Tom, Jerry and Butch themselves along with the sailor versions of Tom and Jerry themselves, the wild west versions of Tom, Jerry, Nibbles and the little duckling and even the winter version of Jerry himself :). One more thing, I'm glad that you had released all of the Tom and Jerry characters for us to use and I do hope that we will have fun using them in :ff: depending on which version they're all for. Great job on the characters of Tom and Jerry themselves Random, and above all keep up the good work and I do hope that you will bring us more soon enough ;).

BigD
:cool:

P.S. By the Random, I really like all of the Tom and Jerry characters that you just did and furthermore I am also a fan of the classic cartoon TOM AND JERRY which I really like very much 100% :thumbup:.

Randomdays

Some Lost in Space meshes to keep the robot company. There are some much nicer Jupiter 2 versions out there, but I don't think the engine could handle it.

vorelliwiseau

Man, that is some solid work. Are those babies to scale?

Randomdays

Yep - they're probably going to more useful as map items than characters, but changing scale up/down is pretty easy to do with nifskope or blender.

Jupiter 2 about 3K polys, Chariot about 18K and spacepod about 9k

Randomdays

Hadji from Jonny Quest - 1st try. Didn't come out too bad. Will have to try for different clothes of course, adjust on the turban to match the show better.. Made with the Sims 2 Body Shop software.