News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Problem with a mesh (She-Hulk by Tetragene)

Started by marston, August 02, 2013, 08:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marston

Hi !
I'd like to play Freedom Force 1 again and I wish to use custom characters for this playthrough. A few years ago, I was lucky enough to grab Tetragene's She-Hulk skin  :wub: but I've never managed to get it to function properly.

I believe that my problem is linked to the mesh : the readme mentions the "female_regular by Irrational Games" but it didn't merge with the skin. I uses the bacchite mesh as a base and this time the fusion worked. Unfortunately, the character's animations didn't work at all : whatever the selected power, the animation is always the same (basic punch).

I suspect that this anomaly may be related to the fact that the bacchite mesh has a weapon (staff).

Can you help me with this issue ? I can send you the skin file and the associated readme by private message or on the forum if I have the authorisation to do so.

Thank you in advance.

Cyber Burn

Hi Marston, welcome aboard to the FR Community. I'm not familiar with the mesh pr skin that you are using, but if you want to send them my way. I would at least be willin to take a look at them to see if there is anything that I can do to help you out. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address.

daglob

I don't remember where it is, but there is a Bacchite Nostick mesh that I used for my Fantomah skin. I've seen other skins for it. There is also a Bacchite Speedster.

The apron/skirt can be hidden with Nifscope, probably, but it can also be "alpha-ed out", that is, hidden with an alpha channel that is part of the skin. However, if you have a persnickety video card like I do, the alpha process doesn't always work.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I have Tetragene's She-Hulk skin...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on August 02, 2013, 10:31:58 PM
I don't remember where it is, but there is a Bacchite Nostick mesh that I used for my Fantomah skin. I've seen other skins for it. There is also a Bacchite Speedster.

The apron/skirt can be hidden with Nifscope, probably, but it can also be "alpha-ed out", that is, hidden with an alpha channel that is part of the skin. However, if you have a persnickety video card like I do, the alpha process doesn't always work.

Of course, now I'm wondering if I have Tetragene's She-Hulk skin...

If not, my friend, you do now.  :D You've got mail.

The animations of the Bacchite mesh are meant to be used with a staff, I can't make any guarantees, but I will definitely try to see what I can do.

Cyber Burn

Hi Marston, would it be possible for you to send me the "Female_Regular" Mesh that you are using? Irrational's meshes for  :ff: tend to not play nice with Nifskope. Thank you.

marston

Eh, thank you again for your interest in solving this case !  :thumbup:

I haven't used the female_regular mesh for 2 reasons : this one didn't work for me and I don't like the model's posing.

On the contrary, the basic bacchite's attitude is perfect in my opinion. Unfortunately, if the She-Hulk skin is effectively usable, the animations don't work (for the reasons mentionned above probably).

I have found another mesh, the bacchite_nostick, which logically should correct this problem but , of course, it isn't the case  <_< : the She-hulk skin isn't detected and the posing is identical to the female_regular which, as I said, isn't a favourite of mine.

What a mystery !  :blink:

I will send you both meshes by personal message. I hope you'll have better luck than me ! ^_^

hoss20

As I don't have the meshes or skin being discussed, I'm just making a guess that the problem may be due to the naming of the art files. I believe the name of the skin file for Bacchite is bacchite.tga. Now, because the female_regular and Bacchite_Nostick meshes are altered versions of original Irrational meshes, it's possible that the art file names were changed in the process.

Marston, take a look at the names of the art files in the female_regular and Bacchite_nostick meshes. I'm hoping that they are names "female_regular" or "female_basic" or just "female". Anyway, change the name of the Tetragene skin you have from "bacchite.tga" to whatever the base skin name of the mesh you want to use. Make sure you just change the name and leave the file type as it is (.tga or .dds; for 3rd reich). I'm sorry if this is confusing, but I know that Cyber can go over what I said and double check things in Nifskope, as well.

Now, even if we fix the skin problem, the other issue you have is the animations. We may be able to take the idle pose from the Bacchite mesh and transfer it over to the female_regular or Bacchite_Nostick mesh.

detourne_me

I'll take a look at skoping these meshes if someone wants to send me tetreagene's skin too? ;)
I really like the bacchite's idle anims, i'd just try to add in some more melee moves

Cyber Burn

The "Bacchite" and "Bacchite_NoStick" meshes both take "Bacchite.TGA" files, I don't have the "Female_Regular" mesh, so I don't know about that one.

DM, if you hook me up with an e-mail address, I'll send you Tetregene's "She_Hulk" skin.

detourne_me

So after getting the files from Cyber Burn (thx dude) the only skoping I was able to do is make it for FFVTTR, and make it female_basic keyframe compatible,  i wasn't able to mix the bacchite keyframes with the female_basic keys.   I'll put up a mediafire link for it if people want it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4aeajdgrdq8jsql

marston

Well, does it mean that there's a compatibility problem between the mesh and the animations related to powers ?

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: marston on August 02, 2013, 08:22:17 AM
I believe that my problem is linked to the mesh : the readme mentions the "female_regular by Irrational Games" but it didn't merge with the skin. I uses the bacchite mesh as a base and this time the fusion worked. Unfortunately, the character's animations didn't work at all : whatever the selected power, the animation is always the same (basic punch).

are you saying that the only animation that the mesh has is the "basic punch"? is this problem only in character tool or id it in game too?\\also. can you please send me the "female_regular by Irrational Games" mesh? thanx, my e-mail address is: professor_ivo_22@yahoo.com thanxs again.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

marston

Unfortunately, I can't give you the mesh since I don't have it : initially I had downloaded it at http://www.electric-freedom.com. The site is down today, alas. Since the mesh didn't work, I haven't kept it.  :banghead:

I don't know if this info can help you but the readme file indicates that "the hex was done by Interceptor".

Concerning the animations, the problem exists in both cases : in the character editor and in game. For every power, the preview is always the same (punch and always punch... Not inappropriate for the character in her savage era but... :D). In fact, the character rather seems to strike with an unexisting staff.

Cyber Burn, have you made any progress ?

Cyber Burn

Since the "Bacchite" and "Bacchite_NoStick" are essentially the same mesh, the animations for both are the same. There is a variant called "Bacchite_Speedster" that you might want to check out. As far as editing the keyframes for the FF1 version of the "Bacchite" Mesh, I have had no luck whatsoever. I have tried all the different Irrational meshes as well as "Female_Basic", "Female_Longhair", and "Female_Versatile". No luck with any of them. I'm really sorry.

detourne_me

Hey Marston,
As for your preview 'problems' the original Bacchite mesh does have a number of melee attacks.
They are named melee, melee_a, melee_b, and so on.
In Freedom force, whenever melee key frames have the suffix _a, _b, _c, and so on, they will randomly play when the power is used in game.  I think it's great because it adds variation to the gameplay. However, you won't be able to see that variation in the preview, only the default melee animation will play.
I hope that's what you were referring too.

Helix

Is there some reason that INK's or Grenadier's She-Hulk wouldn't serve you better? That Tetragene mesh has to be ancient. He's been retired for a long time.

detourne_me

I think it's primarily an aesthetic and completionist reason.  She-hulk debuted in a ripped dress, similar to the Bacchite mesh, and with a similar posture.  I love having a variety of meshes for the character too.... Which reminds me, I have to track down BiL's She Hulk as well

windblown

Hey Detourne_me, I took a look in your skope and I was able to fix the Bacchite animations included in it (idle_2,...). If you PM your email I can send it to you in case you want to release it with the visible Bacchite animations  :)

marston

Oh, no problem !

I've sent my personal mail to your box.

bearded

Quote from: detourne_me on August 06, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
... .... Which reminds me, I have to track down BiL's She Hulk as well
I was trying for the Byrne. I think I made her too skinny.

daglob

Quote from: bearded on August 07, 2013, 10:13:22 PM
Quote from: detourne_me on August 06, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
... .... Which reminds me, I have to track down BiL's She Hulk as well
I was trying for the Byrne. I think I made her too skinny.

That's okay, she kinda matches the Benny Hill version...