News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Anyone Still Playing CO?

Started by The Hitman, July 14, 2013, 01:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

Just curious if any other FR folks (FRers? Reborners?) poke around CO anymore. I've been fairly active for the past year or so, and while there are some... let's say 'not so great' bits to it, I still have a good deal of fun, mostly designing new characters, and also running around as the surprisingly-popular hero Battle Chicken.

Courtnall6

Not anymore. F2P is awful and the addition of vehicle content was what no one asked for. Most people just wanted vehicles as travel powers. The game is clearly on it's last legs which is sad to think how much promise it had. The only thing that would get me to resub would be an addition of a Foundry for player created content. I loved creating heroes and trying them out but the content Cryptic provided quickly became stale...then non existent. I could barely get any of my new toons past lvl 15.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BlueBard

About the only time is when I can't get on STO and the problem is not with the account server.  I prefer STO and I don't have a lot of play time as it is.

My number one reason is that it's too hard to make any decent progress with the game as a solo player.  I'd rather play a storyline than grind mobs over and over again and my current toon has been stuck on Kevin Poe like forever.

I want to like it.  But walling the freeform characters behind a sub (or charging a ridiculous fee for a freeform slot) is a big turn off, and I've never been very satisfied with the character creator and the basic costumes.  They simply haven't hooked me, and their F2P conversion hasn't been as successful as STO's.

I agree with Court, tho ... Something like the Foundry could give Champs a boost.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BigAl1775

Quote from: The Hitman on July 14, 2013, 01:45:00 AM
Just curious if any other FR folks (FRers? Reborners?) poke around CO anymore. I've been fairly active for the past year or so, and while there are some... let's say 'not so great' bits to it, I still have a good deal of fun, mostly designing new characters, and also running around as the surprisingly-popular hero Battle Chicken.
I just redownloaded it and started messing around. Made a hardcore Deadpool.
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

veritech34

I used to play when the game was just out and loved it. It was so fun using the glitch that made you 200 feet tall. I remember using my Voltron creation with the glitch and people cheered. When it went to F2P it killed it. So many good MMOs have been killed by changing its core beginnings. Star Wars Galaxies is another great game when it started but the big wigs ruined that as well.

BigAl1775

Quote from: veritech34 on March 27, 2015, 07:01:11 AM
I used to play when the game was just out and loved it. It was so fun using the glitch that made you 200 feet tall. I remember using my Voltron creation with the glitch and people cheered. When it went to F2P it killed it. So many good MMOs have been killed by changing its core beginnings. Star Wars Galaxies is another great game when it started but the big wigs ruined that as well.
You don't by any chance play DCUO as a villain do you? Just curious. I see the name often.
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

Distorto

I only play occasionally, but like Courtnall said, the content in the game is so badly developed it's difficult to get a character past level 15's. I'd actually play if the game were balanced properly because I like theorycrafting and messing around with the builds and concepts. Sadly, even that is terribly designed. The only reason to play is for the character creator, and a lot of costume parts you have to pay for. It's not really worth anyone's time.