News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Age of Volt: 10 Years Later

Started by AfghanAnt, June 03, 2013, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Gawds..it's been ten years since AoV?!?!?!  I thought it was less time...geez.  If I remember rightly my character was a bounty hunter who allied with Volt after the Age of Hellscorp thing fell through...hmmm...don't have the av I made back then anymore but I might decide to update the look...maybe...perhaps...if I'm bribed with vodka....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

martialstorm

Finally got around to making an Avatar. Here is Martialstorm AoV Style (Thanks to Renegade Black Lightning Mesh):

Helix

Nice job, Martialstorm! Love the shirt design and the arm tat!

deano_ue

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 07, 2013, 02:22:32 PM
Gawds..it's been ten years since AoV?!?!?!  I thought it was less time...geez.  If I remember rightly my character was a bounty hunter who allied with Volt after the Age of Hellscorp thing fell through...hmmm...don't have the av I made back then anymore but I might decide to update the look...maybe...perhaps...if I'm bribed with vodka....

i thought aoh came after aov

billdamn22

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 07, 2013, 09:26:22 PMI i thought aoh came after aov
That's what I thought as well...

Great job on the av, Martialstorm!

martialstorm

Thanks  :) I fixed the issue with the eyebrows being to close to the hairline. I finished it about 3am as it was a done in one kind of a thing and I missed some details lol.

Helix

Martialstorm - That's especially awesome for a done-in-one. The only thing bothering me as I look at it it that everything above the waist is clear and clean, but it's a little difficult to tell what's going on with the pants. Please understand that I say this as constructive criticism and I mean no disrespect. I think it's a great skin, I just think the pants design needs a little definition.

martialstorm

Hey none taken at all, it's something I run into sometimes as I do a fair bit of photo skinning. I'll have to take a look at them.

Cheers for the feedback  :thumbup:

Previsionary

It's been 10 years? Are you for serious right now? No way. AoH/V was an interesting time. Creativity and comradery was high, which resulted in a ton of skins and stories being produced in short time spans, but there was an undercurrent of chaos that kinda prevented things from playing out like it was originally planned. Unfortunately, I didn't get to fully integrate into the AoV timeline before everything returned to normal, but I remember it being a fun time. And besides, it was the birth of my prevalent winged avatars, which often found a way to knock FRers like Vamp and Hitman out of windows. Good times.
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Very cool Martialstorm!  I like the lightning over the eye.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BigD

I agree with BentonGrey on that one ^_^, the lightning over the eye adds character along with that the clothes with the lightning on the shirt in the form of the outfit is superior and above all I like the glowing lightning bolts on the one arm which makes it look like an energy infused based electrified tattoo and the Yin-Yang symbol on the shirt makes the design even better. Once again Martialstorm you've done it again, and above all you made the world's greatest avatar of your own in the form of a mesh. I hope you bring us more of your creations, and I hope they will leave us  :o speechless :o for a moment. Keep up the good work Martialstorm, and I hope to hear from you soon.

BigD
:cool:

Cyber Burn

Very nice re-design of your Avatar MS. Very nicely executed. My only suggestion would be to skope on some pieces onto the mesh to give it a more three dimensional look. For example, the knee pads, or the wrist cuffs could be skoped on, I think that will make a big difference in the overall presentation of your design.

BigD

Ditto on the suggestion Cyber Burn ^_^, maybe a little tweaking is in order but I would either do that makeover idea on the character itself or leave it the way its and just make a better version of it in the form of a reborn and/or redux version. If not possible :mellow:, I'll just let it ride itself out and do what Cyber Burn or anyone else says if they have any other ideas to make it look better than before :). Check ya later!

BigD
:cool:

AfghanAnt

C6 and MS did an ava! I should have stopped by this thread earlier. :)

martialstorm

Thanks guys, the mesh by Renegade is a big plus, and I'll have to have a stab at skoping the wristbands and kneedpads which'll help with the overall definition on the pants.

Sioux City Dynamo

A big time WIP but I wanted to post what I have so far! 

I give you AOV Cyberburn!

WIP AOV Cyberburn by johnnytureaud

Ok Cyberburn, would you have a background story for this grim and gritty cyborg that would never bring a knife to a gun fight?
:P
Io

billdamn22

Very cool! The face gives me a sort of Robocop feel...

spydermann93

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on June 12, 2013, 04:37:24 AM
A big time WIP but I wanted to post what I have so far! 

I give you AOV Cyberburn!

WIP AOV Cyberburn by johnnytureaud

Ok Cyberburn, would you have a background story for this grim and gritty cyborg that would never bring a knife to a gun fight?
:P

Haha, fantastic work, Sioux! :thumbup:

martialstorm

Oh that is awesome Dynamo! Kind of Robocop meets War Machine plus lots more goodness!

Cyber Burn

WOW!!! I don't know how I missed this. Unfortunately, I don't even have a backstory for my regular Avatar, let alone an AOV one.  :P

billdamn22

OK. Here goes nothing.
During the Age of Volt/Hellscorp, Damnage was recruited by the group G.E.R.B.I.L. His mission from Gdaybloke was to find and eliminate the assassin known as Redbackdeath. Damnage was unsuccessful in defeating the assassin and lost his left arm. His team mates in G.E.R.B.I.L. left him for dead and continued on with their mission. As Damnage slowly began to fade away, the evil scientist MikeB7 collected his body and began the long and arduous process of assimilating Damnage into his ranks. MikeB7 replaced his missing left arm with a gatling gun and directed all the concussive energy within Damnage's body through it. Damange managed to escape while a distracted MikeB7 fought off incoming hordes of heroes. Recovering quickly from the experimentation, Damnage begins the hunt for Redbackdeath as well as the rest of G.E.R.B.I.L. who left him behind.

Spoiler

The extras took me forever, but it felt good to skin again. On to the next...

Helix

Bildamn - That is cooler than a penguins backside! Excellent work!  :thumbup: It's great to see you skinning again!

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

spydermann93

daglob

Hmm... The Glob is never grim and gritty, but...

He is one of a series of androids (13 in the first run and 17 in the second), so, maybe look at what would happen with one of the other 'bogus droids (He is designed to be an assassin droid).

daglob

Not really much of a re-design, but this would be Boogeyman II, or Boogeyman if he hadn't gone insane on a mission to eliminate a certain European dictator.

Boogeyman Insane goes on the Male Basic Symbiot mesh, which should give you some idea of what he is capable of.

Then again, in a parallel unvierse, My Champions players encounterd a version of The Glob who called himself Boogeyman. It was the Earth-3 version, of course.

martialstorm

martialstorm

Back-story for my Avatar:

A Martial Arts Instructor who works with under privileged communities giving hope to those without. 

When his school is targeted for destruction, he throws himself in the path of the attack sacrificing himself to protect his students

Fatally wounded and on the edge of mortality, he is rescued by the Father of the Gods, Zeus.

Zeus explains the age of the gods of old has passed but the time has come for the rise of a new pantheon.

He bequeaths the remnants of his magic lightning as a beacon of hope to the oppressed and symbol of fear to the oppressors.

Using the lightning of Zeus combined with his own Martial Arts Training, Martialstorm embarks on a quest to find those responsible for the greatest evils on his world and bring them to justice.
However there are others that covet Zeus' legacy for their own dark purposes.

Abilities:

Exceptional Hand to Hand combat skills.

Channeling Zeus' lightning, combined with his life force or chi in a variety of ways, including augmented physical attacks & hand blasts.

Also extension of his bio-electromagnetic field into a mega blast that disrupts and shocks anything within the area. 

Electrical travel

Impervious to harm from Electricity

Can identify and affect people via their electrical fields

Martialstorm is discovering more about his powers as his experience wielding them grows.

Sioux City Dynamo

Buzzzzzzz.....Beeeep.....Buzzzzz

Cyberburn, Heavy Assault, now online.  His mission and purpose in the AoV Universe is yet to be determined!!

SCDH_AOV_Cyberburn by johnnytureaud
Io

Sioux City Dynamo

AOV Cyberburn is on a fantastic skope of Gren's War Machine by Spyderman93.  I only added a little glowing power Fx to the primary hand gun.  The skin is by me from several different bases....

Man, this thing has a lot of extras!!!  I thought I would never complete them all.

As always, any thought or suggestions are most appreciated.
Io