News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Age of Volt: 10 Years Later

Started by AfghanAnt, June 03, 2013, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Hey guys!

So I was going through some of my older skins (which will be soon be archived on http://freedomforceuniverse.com), and I realized that the alternate reality event inspired by Electric Freedom's Volt happened almost 10 years ago!

Why do I bring this up? Because I think it would be awesome for everyone to revive their alt-vatar and update them to were they would be now. If you didn't have an Age of Volt avatar, MAKE ONE! It would fun see who you would be in a dystopian volt-"age".

What to do if you don't skin/skope/mesh? Draw one! Micro one! Whatever one!  This would be a fun way to revisit our Golden Age and try to reignite (or ignite) noobs into be active (which is super awesome).

BentonGrey

What was the story behind this, AA?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Yeah, this was before my time, so any info you could provide would be helpful.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 03, 2013, 08:07:21 PM
What was the story behind this, AA?

It was like Age of Apocalypse but with FR member Volt as the "Apocalypse". It was a really cool event. I tried to find any reference to it in the Archives but was unsuccessful. Thankfully Juancho's micro heroes of some AOV avatars was still online.
Here is Bujin of FXForce, Fusion (oh I miss Fusion), Lord Jay (Juancho), Afghan Ant (me - I will post my old skin tonight), Syxx (AOV C6, my personal favorite of the whole event), and Redbackdeath of Fxforce.

I wouldn't say it an "evil" version of your avatar, just a grim, gritter version of your avatar.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

deano_ue

sweet ok i'm in once in finish up my current skin i'm on to it

curious though at what point did AOV become AOH

and your not the only one to miss fusion

Podmark

Wow that takes me back. I don't think I had an av for this event. Definitely did for the AoH though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Unfortunately I think this event happened during one of the many periods I wasn't present, so I'm not familiar with it at all. I thought Volt was a hero tho?

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on June 04, 2013, 01:18:41 AM
Unfortunately I think this event happened during one of the many periods I wasn't present, so I'm not familiar with it at all. I thought Volt was a hero tho?

Like all heroes he lived long enough to become the villain.
I don't remember the specifics but I remember Volt enjoyed being the big overlord.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

I really like that Syxx design, does anyone know if there is an actual skin for it?

billdamn22

I remember this! Wow! I still have all the avatars on disc somewhere. I think Syn skinned my alternate avatar as I hadn't started skinning on my own yet. Then he went and got killed by Redbackdeath (my av, not Syn)...
Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 04, 2013, 03:27:20 AM
I really like that Syxx design, does anyone know if there is an actual skin for it?
Of course C6 did a skin of him...

billdamn22

I'm in also. This will be a great way to return to my skinning ways.

Helix

Sweet! This sounds like fun!

Sweet! Billdamn will be skinning again!

Courtnall6

Hi everybody! Remember me!   :D

Wow....10 years since Age of Volt! I remember this event. I was so excited about it...but it fell flat before it really got off the ground if I remember correctly.

I can't remember too much of the background of my AV sadly. I may have his bio saved on my pc somewhere. I do remember that he lost his real eyes due to another forum AV...can't remember who though.

Anyway...here's the skin I made for him...actually this is an updated skin I did years ago...just never shown or released. Shocker I know! :P

Spoiler
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Cyber Burn

Nice to see you around C6. That is one heck of a beautiful skin. Vivid details and really nice colors. Any chance us content hoarders could get our grubby little hands on it?  :D

martialstorm

Helix

Hey, C6! Nice to know you're still lurking around.  :thumbup:

deano_ue

holy crap on a hate a rare c6 appeared.

quick someone throw a net, a pokeball, tranquilizer dart something before it gets away

or at least snap a quick highly debatable blurry photo

Podmark

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on June 04, 2013, 07:21:51 PM

quick someone throw a[...]pokeball

I tried, but it got away  :(

Nice skin C6. You really got to release some of these old things. I'm sure we can find you some web space for this stuff.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

Quote from: Podmark on June 04, 2013, 11:58:38 PM

That's because you have to damage it first.

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on June 05, 2013, 01:51:56 AM
Quote from: Podmark on June 04, 2013, 11:58:38 PM

That's because you have to damage it first.

I knew I was forgetting something  :banghead: Does shooting it in the knee cap count?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

You'll never catch me! Bwahahahahahaha!
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

spydermann93

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 05, 2013, 03:13:13 AM

*throws master ball*

*it breaks*

damn...

Tomato

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 05, 2013, 03:13:13 AM

OMG! Guys, do you know what this means?

Courtnall 6 is secretly...

THE GINGERBREAD MAN!

BentonGrey

God Bless

Helix

I thought you needed a butterfly net, a spoon, and a flashlight to catch a Courtnall6.

Bloodshadow

Good to see ya Courtnall :cool:
This is a great idea AA,I was around for the 1st one but for the life of me I can't find my AOV avatar right now,I'll keep looking though and I've already started some designs for this age :cool:

laughing paradox

So an "Age of Apocalyse" sorta take on your avatar?

I'm definitely interested... should be fun.

Cyber Burn

I would definitely like to see what everyone has in mind for their Avatar re-designs.  :thumbup:

Sioux City Dynamo

I have a few in mind.  Trying to balance w other projects. :D
Io