News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Windblown's fx: Polaris

Started by windblown, March 17, 2013, 10:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

It's just an FX that I've made to be used with the 'Pheromone Field' attribute. It pops from time to time during the game.

windblown

I've been playing with some FX and Nifskope and discovered that we can make the effects to last more time, so I've used this new information to make some temporal bubbles for Tempus and now they last during the time that her enemies are frozen in time:

The last fx previewed is to be used with a teleport power to represent her ability to travel in time.

windblown

Here's a preview of Nature Girl during gameplay:

In the first FX she calls for a bird to help her (this is my favorite one), in the second one she calls for a swarm of bees. The last animation shows her summoning a couple of bamfs to fight along her.

Jimaras8

Windblown you are the John Williams of Keyframes. And i'm 100% serious. How did you pull off the teleporting bamfs attack? They blinked the thug away right?

WyldFyre

For Freedom!

windblown

Thanks everybody!  ^_^

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 19, 2015, 07:44:13 AM
Windblown you are the John Williams of Keyframes. And i'm 100% serious. How did you pull off the teleporting bamfs attack? They blinked the thug away right?

Nature Girl has the Summoner attribute, so she can summon a Bamf. I've given to the Bamf skope a ranged animation where he disappears for a while. In game that's the animation I've selected for a "teleport other" power, so it looks like he's teleporting the enemy away. Glad you liked it.

windblown

I've been playing with Nifskope to make some fx light up their surroundings, I thought that Dazzler would be a perfect character to try them:

OrWolvie1

Fantastic work, Windblown! Looks awesome  :thumbup:

daglob

The Human Torch could use that too.

detourne_me

:thumbup: Those are really amazing WB! It really adds to the effect.  What was happening to the thug when he was in the corner,  it looked like he was in a stun loop of some sort.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Those are beautiful WB. Looking at what you keep putting out, I think I can pretty much retire from FX'ing  :P But seriously, really nice work on those.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

Thanks guys!

Quote from: detourne_me on April 05, 2016, 11:38:43 PM
:thumbup: Those are really amazing WB! It really adds to the effect.  What was happening to the thug when he was in the corner,  it looked like he was in a stun loop of some sort.

That fx represents Dazzler ability of "creating a chaotic cascade of sparkling lights and colors that severely upsets other people's equilibrium", I use it with a ranged grapple power.

windblown

Here's a new fx I've made for daglob's Negasonic Teenage Warhead, an X-men student who appears in the Deadpool film as Colossus sidekick. Unlike her comics counterpart, who was a telepath/precognitive mutant, this version of the character has some kind of nuclear explosion powers which she uses to charge at her enemies with great power:

Podmark

Looks great. You really know how to capture these powers in game!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on July 04, 2016, 04:58:52 PM
Looks great. You really know how to capture these powers in game!

Agreed, you really have a natural ability to be able to know exactly the right pieces to use for each Character and FX. Really impressive.

windblown

Thaks guys, I'm trying to make the characters that I skope different from each other through the fx/animations.

Btw, Network's fxs have been expanded:

These powers should be used only in mechanical enemies, so she can control them, paralyze them or discharge their batteries. The last one of the video is the one where she summons the Blackbird for help that I previewed some weeks ago.

AfghanAnt

Nice dude. I wish more people were doing fxs.

Podmark

Those are great! I love how you took a character who probably appeared in less than a dozen panels and gave her amazing fitting fxs. That is excellent.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ha, what cool FX!  I love the Blackbird one. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

New preview, Cecilia Reyes in action:

First she expands her forcefield to push away the thugs, then she shapes it into a spiky forcefield and the last one is a passive defense.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 08, 2016, 02:42:27 AM

Indeed. FX seems to be a forgotten art these days. And I'm still looking for someone to revamp optic blasts for Cyclops.  ;)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: windblown on September 05, 2016, 09:17:06 PM
New preview, Cecilia Reyes in action:

First she expands her forcefield to push away the thugs, then she shapes it into a spiky forcefield and the last one is a passive defense.

Once again, I bow to the Jedi Master of FX.  :thumbup:

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on September 05, 2016, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 08, 2016, 02:42:27 AM

Indeed. FX seems to be a forgotten art these days. And I'm still looking for someone to revamp optic blasts for Cyclops.  ;)

I had actually started to attempt that one, but all my attempts ended up failing, then all my time got swallowed by RL and I haven't been able to get back to it. I was hoping someone else would step in for you.

Podmark

That's really cool. I like the spiked one.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Your FX are really nice, Windblown.
Disappear when you least expe--

Jimaras8

Windblown you are to fx what Steven Spielberg is to modern cinema  :thumbup:

windblown

Thanks guys!

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on September 05, 2016, 09:20:44 PM
Indeed. FX seems to be a forgotten art these days. And I'm still looking for someone to revamp optic blasts for Cyclops. ;)

What would you like for him?