News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

again with the rabbits 0_O 17/1

Started by deano_ue, February 13, 2013, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

While I think it has varied over the years, I think the way it is most often portrayed is that the tear tracks get longer toward the outside of her eye.

hoss20

One thing you might consider is moving the location of the tears, as well. Tears generally fall from the inner corner of the eye because that's where they travel to be drained. Maybe, moving the outer tear streams to the inner and outer corners might help with the look (or at least play with the inner one to see if that appears more realistic). I think trying this along with your adjustments to the size and shape of the tears will bear good results. Advice aside, I think this is a an excellent portrait.

deano_ue

cheers again guys seems daglob is familiar with the character but i think i've confused some of you with the tears,they are not real tears, its kinda more like face paint or make up

see what i mean

Spoiler

seriously guys i would check the guys books out its kinda heavey with some not safe for board themes (religion, politics, sex) but the artwork is beautiful, i mean the 2 i posted there were both done with markers

Deaths Jester

Okay, now that makes better sense now that I've seen what you're shooting for because with the black& white all I had very little to go from.  I still think thought the length and shape need to be reworked slightly though, much like you re-iterated you looking into after I posted originally.  Also, you might want to bring them a bit closer together too because at the moment the pic you have posted are scattered quite wide apart across the eye compared to the pics you referenced and perhaps you might want to up the makeup around her eyes some too.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

hoss20

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on October 08, 2013, 01:47:01 PM
cheers again guys seems daglob is familiar with the character but i think i've confused some of you with the tears,they are not real tears, its kinda more like face paint or make up

see what i mean

Spoiler

seriously guys i would check the guys books out its kinda heavey with some not safe for board themes (religion, politics, sex) but the artwork is beautiful, i mean the 2 i posted there were both done with markers

Ah, well then, completely disregard everything I said.  :banghead:

daglob

There was one story I saw where she (or one of her incarnations) painted the tears on her face with eye makeup. Another time I think someone cried (cry for Dawn... natch) and got the tear effect. It's just one of those things... like never seening her other eye.

The Wolverine/Black Cat team up "Claws" is both funny and beautifully illustrated.

Guardian7

Nice work!

Some of your full figures seem a tad stiff... but they are just mostly pencils and easily corrected.

Your muscle definition on the boys needs a little bit of work. Again... another very easy fix.

Your cartooning and anime style are very pro looking. indistinguishable from some of the work I have seen from others (yes that is a compliment)

Your Catwoman rocks. Except for the tapering of the left eye to the right (A habit I am horribly known for myself). Irregardless of that small detail. It is a beautiful pic. Love the level of black gloss highlight you gave to her hood.

The colored rabbit is the bomb! Awesome job!

Your Harley reminds me a bit of the artist named Bart Sears. I am not a real fan of his work because his women tended to look a bit manly. Tone it done a bit and smooth out your lines and she would look alluringly feminine.

Best way you can test a piece of work you might think is dead on is to flip it. Either on a light board or a simple non-damp window. You will see your flaws as soon as you do. Not all flaws need to be corrected. In illustration, forced perspective and the bending of the laws of physics is permitted. But simple things like aligned eyes (My personal bane again) is not.

Awesome job. Keep up the good work!

G7

deano_ue

spydermann93

Figure Fan

Great line work here. The hood and scarf are rendered in such a way that gives them a good sense of volume. What is this for, btw?

Deaths Jester

Much better tear work, UE...definitely closer tot eh look o the character you were shooting for!

deano_ue

cheers guys.

shj truthfully its just for me, ever sciene i got a cintiq i've been trying to do some more sketching. this was just something i started a while ago. why do you ask

Deaths Jester

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on November 30, 2013, 10:55:36 PM
cheers guys.

shj truthfully its just for me, ever sciene i got a cintiq i've been trying to do some more sketching. this was just something i started a while ago. why do you ask

You got a cintiq...oh you, you....I'm going to hunt you down and take your cintiq away from you...been wanting one of those for years but instead I'm stuck with a bloody keyboard and mouse...>(

Cyber Burn

Don't know how I missed this, but you have a fantastic eye for detail.

I check out your website every so often, it's always a visual treat.

deano_ue

Cb that means a lot it really does ( thought that site needs a major overhall lol )

this was done as a gift, dont ask and yeah i know but i didnt pick the subject

thumper sketch by the ultimate evil, on Flickr

Deaths Jester

AHHHH!!!  Cute little Disney bunny!!  RUN AWAY!!!  RUN AWAY!!!!