News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Numbers, numbers

Started by Randomdays, November 06, 2012, 11:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Wow - since I've been back for the last couple of years, I usually see the number of guests/ users about 30 or so. For the last week I've seen it up to around 60. And today, I see 103 guests, with the high of the day all the way at 296, almost tied for the record.

I'm wondering if FF is suddenly getting very popular again, or if with the page name its confused people looking for a connection to the US Presidential election.

BWPS

Wow, Freedom Reborn does sound like a name of a super-PAC.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

stumpy

Quote from: BWPS on November 07, 2012, 12:50:16 AMWow, Freedom Reborn does sound like a name of a super-PAC.
A PAC from Krypton?  :P

This has happened before - an increase in guests here has occurred in election years. There are political groups/sites/et cetera with names similar to Freedom Force. It's not much of a stretch to speculate that interest in those things peaks near the quadrennial repainting of the totem of state. Discussions of the policy topics some of these visitors may have come here to find would be inappropriate for FR, but any are welcome to browse around and perhaps some will take an interest in the game or the community. :)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

OmegaX123

I'm not sure how relevant (or even how recent) this development is, but I have recently seen a two-pack of the Freedom Force titles on Steam priced at $7.50 - this may be at least a part of the sudden popularity of these forums, new people being introduced to the games.