News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The latest news

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 07, 2012, 04:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

You may have seen this already, but NCSofts official response to efforts to save the game.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/response-to-city-of-heroes-player-and-fan-suggestions.html

Apparently at least two different investment groups have recently responded to this by saying that they approached NCSoft to buy the game from them and save it, but contrary to what the letter indicates, they refused to even meet with them or hear their offer.

I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like it's over folks.  NCSoft for whatever reason has decided to make sure the game gets shut down complete and they don't seem to care if anyone wants to buy it or not.

This of course only solidifies my determination not to have anything to do with them from now on.  They've even already made plans to replace the game with a new one being imported from Asia.  More on that here.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/06/corps-shut-down-family-friendly-products/
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

MJB

I'm just waiting on news of fan servers & emulation.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That is possible, but I will not personally have anything to do with that.

More intriguing is the possibility of the Titan Network building their own game to replace it.  They are already planning just that, although I don't know if anything will ever really come of it.

MJB

Why would you be against fan servers or emulation? You wouldn't be supporting NCsoft in any way & you could get to play the game you like.

I'm excited by the possible reverse engineering. Playing CoH from issue 1 to 24 would be a fun experience. I entered the game at issue 8 & missed a lot of the old features & such.

That being said I haven't played the game since it went Free 2 Play. I miss it a lot. Playing it now with so many features blocked is just a frustrating experience for me. Fan servers would give me the chance to play the game the way I used to.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm not again fan servers or emulation, but the game running that way will not be the same game I used to play and love.  Not the same players, no development, just a frozen wasteland reminding me of what used to be.

If folks want that, I'm more than happy for them, but it isn't for me.