Problem with VPMax, also a self installing voicepack/ guide on installing

Started by trebean, November 03, 2012, 01:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

I'm having quite some trouble with VPMax, the names of the voices appear in the dropdown list, yes, but they don't do preview voices, nor speak at all in the maingame itself.

Also can anyone put a visual guide in installing voicepacks, the step by step instructions got me real confused

crimsonquill

The voices will appear in the dropdown list once the language dats (captions, speech, strings) are merged together but will not play until you run the Generate Language Files in FFEdit to synch everything together. The last VPMAX I did was done using Windows XP & Windows 7 (32) which had pretty set directory names and my current work in progression version of v2.0 should fix most of the issues and be pretty much a self install.

I'll make sure to capture images and give a visual guide when I update my site with the new version.

Lots of delays in working on my updates have come from all my spare time being dominated by personal stuff and a few technical problems which lost earlier versions of v2.0 much further along.  :wacko:

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

trebean

Thank you, but.... er..... I seem to have run into a problem, my mouse's clicker has some problems (Mainly it double clicks, even when I just single click) now, my FFvtTR's Objects.dat was merged with FFX3.3's FX.dat, now I can't run the original FFvtTR. ot wouldn't be much of a problem except FFEDIT won run either,can anyone help me with this problem?