News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Upgraded Graphics

Started by AranhaRush, June 20, 2020, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AranhaRush

Hello everyone

I'm very happy to say that my pack of upscaled textures for :ff: is finally out.

You can get it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/freedom-force-upgraded-graphics.

I also added a new version of my preset for a true comics style, this one doesn't mess the original atmosphere too much.

I hope you all like it.

abenavides

Just curious , how did you upscale the textures?
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

AranhaRush

i used waifu2x-caffe to upscale the textures.
It already works with the .tga game files as in and output, so it spares a lot of time.

videogamersadvocate

I can confirm that this improves the look of the graphics significantly and makes  :ff: look more in line with  :ffvstr:. The textures look more detailed and the colors have more pop (in a good way). Thanks for your work AranhaRush.

BentonGrey

Very cool work, AR!  Did you 'upscale' the maps as well?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AranhaRush

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 23, 2020, 07:52:20 PM
Very cool work, AR!  Did you 'upscale' the maps as well?

Sorry for the late reply, almost every texture was upscaled, including the ones for the maps.
Only a few cutscene backgrounds are still in the original format due to a few conflicts with the upscaling tool.
The rest is ok.

AranhaRush

Hello everyone

For those who aren't aware yet, i'd like to inform that there's a new version of my texture pack for :ff: and a few extras.
The link is the same.
Best regards to everyone

BentonGrey

Thanks for continuing to develop this.  It looks great!  The upscaling of the EZFX textures is also really interesting! 

AR has given me permission to use his modified textures in my mods, so my FF1 maps are going to look a lot better, which is awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

dknight95

Hi AR, I had just down loaded these coincidently two days ago on Jul 10, were these the updated versions of your texture pack?  And thank you for your continued work on this.  This community has gotten so much smaller since it's hey day and it's great that there is still such a group of dedicated and or talented individuals like you, Benton, Jimaras8, oktokels, Ewzzy, Randomdays, deanjo2000, Daglob, abenavides, ET AL, that continue to breath life into our beloved  :ff: and  :ffvstr:.  I hope no one takes offense if they were not mentioned above.  The list of contributors is as long as the day is long and their works still stand as a testament to these games and their continuing legacy! Each and everyone of you has my gratitude and I am sure that of many others who have enjoyed playing with what you have created with your imaginations.  I am not a creative type or savvy when it comes to using the types of applications necessary to contribute to this community, but I hope to one day take a stab at modding, until that day...  Excelsior!
Be well, God bless, Be at peace, and may the forces of evil become lost and confused on the way to your home! - George Carlin

BentonGrey

Thanks, DK!  Yeah, we're blessed with a lot of amazing and talented people who are or have been part of our community. 

And you should totally try your hand at modding!  To do simple stuff is really not too hard.  Go for it!
God Bless

detourne_me

AranhaRush, Thank you! This is such a cool project and can really breathe new life into these old games.
Has anybody put these upgraded graphics into the maps that were converted for FFVTTR?

BentonGrey

I have, and it makes a big difference.  You just have to follow the instructions from the MapPack, so put all of the new textures into both Area_Speciff1 and Area_Specific _textures folders, then copy the  :ffvstr: _textures folder into both of them so that you have the  :ffvstr: versions of things that replaced  :ff: versions.  I have been particularly pleased with how the buildings looks.  It's a notable difference, and it really makes me feel a lot better about using  :ff: assets in my modding!
God Bless

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com