News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Continuing the Marvel Adventures

Started by BentonGrey, August 16, 2012, 03:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Characters/Teams Would You Like to See in the Next MA episode?

Marvel Knights (Spider-Man, Daredevil, Ghost Rider)
5 (16.1%)
Namor and the Atlantians
3 (9.7%)
Powerman and Iron Fist
2 (6.5%)
Captain Marvel
5 (16.1%)
Dr. Strange
8 (25.8%)
Silver Surfer/Galactus
3 (9.7%)
Hulk
6 (19.4%)
Killraven and Co.
1 (3.2%)
More Fantastic Four
1 (3.2%)
More Avengers
3 (9.7%)
More X-Men
5 (16.1%)
I have atrocious taste and want to see something from modern Marvel ;)
4 (12.9%)
Other (Please Specify)
5 (16.1%)
More Thor
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  After I release the first episode of my Marvel Adventures mod, I am going to be working on other projects for a while.  However, I do plan to return to it before too terribly long.  I've got several ideas that I'd love to explore, and I've got a dozen characters and teams I'd like to spend some time with, but I obviously can't do everything I might like.  So, I thought I'd see what interest there was in the community.  What Marvel characters/teams/settings/concepts would you like to see show up in the next episode of MA?  Keep in mind, I'm shooting for a fairly Bronze Age-ish feel, so you aren't likely to have much luck if you request very modern characters or those that I don't like/care about.  However, anything is possible.  While I don't much care for modern Marvel, there have been a few concepts that have shown up in books of the last several years that have caught my interest.

So, let me know what y'all think!

:EDIT:
Do any of y'all have suggestions about what villains you'd like to see oppose the various characters you've selected?  Here's your chance to pitch what you'd like to see, because I don't have very strong ideas for any of these guys!  I like to use villains that are somewhat obscure, as well as the well known ones, so if you've got a favorite villain that has an interesting look or story, but isn't well know, pitch 'em! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Count me as "Other", I'd love to see the classic Squadron Supreme done in some fashion.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 16, 2012, 04:24:49 AM
Count me as "Other", I'd love to see the classic Squadron Supreme done in some fashion.

You can select two options CB.  That's something I hadn't considered.  I've only read a very few comics with them in attendance, but I think I could certainly find at least something to do with them.  Any recommendations on good reads involving them?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

hoss20

Hey, where's the "More Thor" option!? :lol:

Well, if the Avengers get chosen, there could always be a Squadron Sinister story.

Epimethee

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 16, 2012, 04:33:54 AM

You can select two options CB.  That's something I hadn't considered.  I've only read a very few comics with them in attendance, but I think I could certainly find at least something to do with them.  Any recommendations on good reads involving them?
My favorite Avengers story as a kid: the Avengers travel to the Squadron's Earth in search of the Serpent's Crown in issues 141-144 and 147-149.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

AfghanAnt

spydermann93

I'm going for Namor and the Atlantians and Dr Strange

We don't see much of their stories around here, and I'd be interested in seeing some stories about them :)

hoss20

The only reason Benton put Namor in there is so he could feed his Aquaman fix in the Marvel Universe somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if one of his adventures featured an alternate universe Namor showing up clad in orange and green.  :P

laughing paradox

I clicked on Silver Surfer/Galactus, and somehow got Killraven.

Anywho, I would love a New Warriors campaign! (The original team, maybe some Cloak and Dagger and Powerpax and Turbo thrown into the mix).

BentonGrey

Thanks for the responses and interest guys! 

Quote from: Epimethee on August 16, 2012, 11:49:16 AM
My favorite Avengers story as a kid: the Avengers travel to the Squadron's Earth in search of the Serpent's Crown in issues 141-144 and 147-149.
Hmm, I'll read that in my archive, and I'll think about this.  I do love the awesome meshes Gren has put together for these guys....

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 16, 2012, 12:14:50 PM
Cloak and Dagger maybe?
I'm afraid I don't really know anything about them, AA.  A quick search leads me to think they might fit in with a Marvel Knights campaign.

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 16, 2012, 03:37:03 PM
I'm going for Namor and the Atlantians and Dr Strange

We don't see much of their stories around here, and I'd be interested in seeing some stories about them :)
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I thought they might make interesting fodder for some missions and stories.

Quote from: hoss20 on August 16, 2012, 03:43:48 PM
The only reason Benton put Namor in there is so he could feed his Aquaman fix in the Marvel Universe somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if one of his adventures featured an alternate universe Namor showing up clad in orange and green.  :P
:unsure:I...Uhhh...I have no idea what you're talking about....

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 16, 2012, 09:00:53 PM
I clicked on Silver Surfer/Galactus, and somehow got Killraven.

Anywho, I would love a New Warriors campaign! (The original team, maybe some Cloak and Dagger and Powerpax and Turbo thrown into the mix).
Ha, fixed!  No-one had voted for Silver Surfer or Killraven other than you, so I just switched them.  I might just be tempted to do something with the New Mutants if I can track down their early comics.  I like the concept and what I've seen of the characters from my very limited experience in the classic Claremont X-Men run.
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Probably the best read is the classic 12 issue mini-series from the mid 80's, I've been a fan ever since. I know it was collected into a trade, but I was never able to get my hands on it. There was also a story arc in Quasar's book from the 90's I think.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 16, 2012, 10:58:26 PM

Probably the best read is the classic 12 issue mini-series from the mid 80's, I've been a fan ever since. I know it was collected into a trade, but I was never able to get my hands on it. There was also a story arc in Quasar's book from the 90's I think.
Alright CB, I'm having the school order this for one of my classes.  Having read a bit about the series, this sounds pretty amazing, and I'll give it a look.
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

For my selection of "Other:", I'd suggest the Guardians of the Galaxy (non-modern, of course).

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 16, 2012, 10:36:35 PM
Quote from: laughing paradox on August 16, 2012, 09:00:53 PM
Ha, fixed!  No-one had voted for Silver Surfer or Killraven other than you, so I just switched them.  I might just be tempted to do something with the New Mutants if I can track down their early comics.  I like the concept and what I've seen of the characters from my very limited experience in the classic Claremont X-Men run.

So, LP asked for New Warriors, and you translated that into New Mutants.  huh.   ;)

Seriously though, I didn't mind the New Warriors at first, but it kind of lost me after not too long, so I'm not a good judge, but I think a classic New Mutants storyline would be good.  BG, if you know what issues you're looking for, I can probably hook you up somehow, if you're interested.  Don't know what I've got off-hand, but I'm sure I've got something that would be helpful.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

Whoops!  Haha, sorry LP, I guess I read that in too much of a hurry.  I know nothing at all about the New Warriors.  Thanks PG, color me interested, but clean out your inbox!

:EDIT: Ohh, by the way, I hadn't listed 'More Thor' as an option because I had used up my good ideas for him...but I was struck by something else I'd like to do, so I've added it to the list.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Do any of y'all have suggestions about what villains you'd like to see oppose the various characters you've selected?  Here's your chance to pitch what you'd like to see, because I don't have very strong ideas for any of these guys!  I like to use villains that are somewhat obscure, as well as the well known ones, so if you've got a favorite villain that has an interesting look or story, but isn't well know, pitch 'em! :D
God Bless

detourne_me

I've got an idea for someone like DD or Punisher.  They are chasing a baddie, like Jack O'Lantern who keeps leaving a trail of bodies. Our hero just cant quite catch him and ends up basically falling into a trap.
Villain has been killing some gangsters, hero shows up late and the gangster's buddies think it was our hero that killed their friend.
This can happen a few times until hero figures out that the guy he's chasing is working for the kingpin on an assassination spree to wipe out the competition.
Then the hero confronts kingpin. Maybe the info he found out wasn't entirely true, so after fighting kingpin he has to finally track down Jack O'Lantern.
I think you get the gist.

Possible characters:
Punisher tracking Jack O'Lantern who is killing the Hood's guys and is working for Purple Man
Daredevil tracking Bullseye, killing the Owl's goons, working for Kingpin.

Cyber Burn

I would love to see the X-Men face Arcade on a "Murderworld" map.

laughing paradox

Yeah,  New Warriors.. however, New Mutants is an even better idea! I'd love to play a New Mutants campaign.

Also, I am loving Cyber Burn's suggestion for Murderworld. That would be a blast.

hoss20

Even though I didn't vote for anything X-related, the Murderworld idea seems like fun. There is a neat looking Murderworld map at FRP by cmdrkoenig.

BentonGrey

Quote from: detourne_me on August 18, 2012, 07:09:34 AM
I've got an idea for someone like DD or Punisher.  They are chasing a baddie, like Jack O'Lantern who keeps leaving a trail of bodies. Our hero just cant quite catch him and ends up basically falling into a trap.
Villain has been killing some gangsters, hero shows up late and the gangster's buddies think it was our hero that killed their friend.
This can happen a few times until hero figures out that the guy he's chasing is working for the kingpin on an assassination spree to wipe out the competition.
Then the hero confronts kingpin. Maybe the info he found out wasn't entirely true, so after fighting kingpin he has to finally track down Jack O'Lantern.
I think you get the gist.

Possible characters:
Punisher tracking Jack O'Lantern who is killing the Hood's guys and is working for Purple Man
Daredevil tracking Bullseye, killing the Owl's goons, working for Kingpin.
Hmm, that's a very interesting set up DM.  I think some of those characters wouldn't quite fit with the setting I'm building, but most of them would.  Thanks for the neat idea. :)

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 18, 2012, 10:04:39 PM
I would love to see the X-Men face Arcade on a "Murderworld" map.
Well, there certainly seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for this idea.  It would certainly be visually interesting, and I'd get to use another of Dana's awesome maps.  However, Prev. has already done some very awesome Arcade missions in his mods, so I'd have to think about this a bit.  I suppose he hasn't really done an X-Men specific one, though.
God Bless

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 16, 2012, 11:49:35 PM:EDIT: Ohh, by the way, I hadn't listed 'More Thor' as an option because I had used up my good ideas for him...but I was struck by something else I'd like to do, so I've added it to the list.

On the note of "More Thor," why not the story where he saves Osiris from Seth? It's a great way to include the Egyptian gods in the mod :)

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 18, 2012, 04:14:04 AM

hmm... I'll have to think on this one. The only ones I can think of that aren't typically featured in mods are: the Mad Thinker and Awesome Android, the Tinkerer, the Puppet Master, Diablo and his elementals, and perhaps the N'guri from the X-Men (you know, those demon thingies).

EDIT: I just thought about this, but if you do more Thor story-arcs, there is always Grendell and Malekith

detourne_me

BG the story of the latest Daredevil comic #17 lends itself pretty nicely to your stylings.  Stilt-man is the enemy and art is by Allred!! I'm so pumped for him to take over on FF.

Another idea, since reading spyder's list of F4 enemies could involve the F4 being split up but all having to run around town doing errands for some galactic entities (like a celestial, the collector, game master, be yonder, etc. ) until Rees figures out that the errands the fan4 members are doing are all disrupting the plans of the other galactic entities. Then, umm things get resolved somehow.

Actually that one might be a bit hard to code.
What about an intergalactic battle royals, like that one she-hulk issue.
Maybe the player controls she hulk and has to last through rounds fighting one on one with people like Blastaar, Hercules, Thundra, Titania, and the Champion of the Universe.

murs47

I have atrocious taste and want to see something from modern Marvel. ^_^

style

The Ultimate Fan!

BentonGrey

Haha, more like this:
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/3/38/Gotg_main.JPG/406px-Gotg_main.JPG
God Bless

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 26, 2012, 08:54:05 PM
Haha, more like this:
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/3/38/Gotg_main.JPG/406px-Gotg_main.JPG

I refuse to acknowledge any other version of the GotG...these guys are the one and only.

hoss20

I agree. And in my day, we walked to school... in the snow...uphill...both ways.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: hoss20 on August 29, 2012, 04:19:21 AM
I agree. And in my day, we walked to school... in the snow...uphill...both ways.

Hey!!  That's my line!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.