The Litterbox site update thread

Started by SickAlice, August 14, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Retooling a bit over the weekend (rainy days). Going to add a "links" page with updated site links as well resource links. May give TMNT it's own page as I'm expanding on that franchise. Also I've been working on game model extractions over a few months now and decided the home for them would be Deviantart (this links me up with several other communities there and peoples who I've been working on projects with). Site link is in my signature, come find me and say hello.

Cyber Burn

I've actually already checked out your DeviantArt Page and your SketchFab Page. The Models Resource Site as well.

Cyber Burn

Sorry, I didn't get to finish my Post (Cyber Jr. was being "Terror in Training" with the Cats).

But I like that "Rooftop Run Norman", I think he'd make a great Civilian.

SickAlice

I'm not really a fit at VGR, though I do love the site and appreciate many of the users. Not continuing with Sketchfab either, I don't like how it uploads. DArt will be the main for extracts. Put TONS of TMNT ones up today, they loved em straight away and gave me plenty badges. Also figured out a thing or two about exporting animations, real close to a point of being able to convert them to FF.

SickAlice

Still kickin' still working on models, things to share soon soon. The usual struggle with health which took a nasty turn but I'm recovering with the help of great doctors and friends. In the meantime I've been bogged with work, school and more so with volunteering. Counseling has increased exponentially since the recent hit of hurricanes and wildfires. Love all of you and I hope only the best days are happening for everyone.

detourne_me

:thumbup:
Excellent! We're happy you're on the mend :)

SickAlice

Going to have to disappoint you. I had surgery today. A mass was found in my earlobe awhile ago and removed. It wasn't healing and another was found in the head behind it. Surgery this morning and the doctor had to pause as they found a lot more going on. Short of it they removed a lot of my head, though attached it again after. I can't turn my head which is a little weird. Anyway that does put me in bed again so I can actually dedicate some real time to releases, so silver lining I guess.

naitvalis

i hope you could heal fine and soon SickAlice, and also hope they don't have removed the head part that store the information about Freedom Force  :lol:, Jokes apart my best wishes for a quick recovery SA.

detourne_me

Oh jeeze SA! I really hope you get better! I guess the fact that you can't move your head around much means you'll be staring at a screen a lot! Any new Netflix shows you like? Season 2 of the Expanse was put up here.

Cyber Burn

Thoughts are with you my friend. Here's praying for a full recovery.

BentonGrey

Man, that sounds intense, SA.  I suppose it's good that they got rid of that stuff while they were working, but I'm sure that was and is tough.  Our prayers are with you man, and, as always, no worries about FF stuff!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

El1jahSnowFan

Be well, SA! That's the only thing any of us care about with you!

SickAlice

Hi. Apologies for having been radio silent for so long to yourselves and to myself as I miss you great people. There's a lot of ground to cover and I'll try and keep it short. I have a condition of course, currently typing with sutures all over my now baseball looking face a day after four surgeries. Some deaths around me as well increased the demand for my time and finally with the bit of hardship I'm coping with I took a vacation of length and spent it with my mom, not working on anything the whole time so I could devote my energies to family. I am still putting extracted models from games and namely TMMT ones, Avengers Academy and Spider-man Unlimited on my DA account, feel free to stop in and say hello. I selected those game specifically because they line up well with FFVTR in fact. Lastly if you come over there and say you may notice disclaimers, one about how I provide models as is and do not take requests nor convert any to other formats. However if your a member here, PM me and tell me your username I'll make an exception in the case of AA models and provide you with a copy of one of the models I host with the original skeleton and weighting intact. Thanks miss ya all, I'll try and make some during the next week to visit any of you here more properly. Thank you as always for keeping this community alive and I hope the best finds all of you and yours or in the least you get a reprieve from any pain or stress your experiencing.

UnkoMan

Hey SickAlice, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your efforts. It's a real boon. I don't come around much and don't look into much, but I felt I should say that.
I'm sorry about your current health problems and hope things turn around for you soon!
You're a real champion!

SickAlice

Thank you. I really miss it and more the community. Like I said health and everything else hit at the same time. Anytime it seems like my body is doing okay, wham, nope. I am working on stuff for FF though, always. I'm just slower at it. Also another thing is I have kind of an artistic hangup. I got stuck doing conversions. As a person who was doing this since the start I don't really like that, I prefer to create my own. I reached the point where I was able to get models and animations going in Max but can't understand the process of making my own animations and all the straightforward tutorials seem to be missing? I think once I get over that hump and get some respite from other things I'll start to churn out releases again. In the meantime I started working on mods for Wii games and learning the ins and outs of scripting and gamemaking for the system. I'm working a bit with Mario Kart of course but trying to expand past the usual horizons. So don't worry, I will make a full return and bring plenty of presents with me when I do.

detourne_me

I'm glad to hear you are still keeping busy and are able to do some of the thing that you love SA!
I can't believe the sheer amount of meshes you've ripped already.  I think I'm going to have to convert a bunch for FF.  Are there any you'd like me to convert for you?
Spoiler
I just couldn't resist converting this lil guy right away!  I can't believe you added all the sound files too! It's like a ready made voicepack!
Thank you!

Cyber Burn

Hey SA, glad to see you stopping by. Been checking out your DA stuff here and there, and it's really impressive. Keep yourself headed towards good health, my friend, because I hope to hear good news from you.

WyldFyre

Great to hear from you SA. Hope you are healing well. I check out your DA stuff occasionally and as CB said it's impressive. Take care and get better my friend.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

Still alive but worse for wear, still Freedom Force Forever, still care what's going on with everyone. I've had an extended bad run this year. Mostly I don't want to drag it here is why I'm distant. Much of my openness time is spent in peer groups to say it plainly. A lot of traumatic experiences have just been heaped on after another is all. Mostly I'm trying to get back to basics, that is attending to the daily things of import to me. Except I'm first wrapped up in issues beyond that and somehow in whosoevers political and abstract agendas past that. TLC time I dunno, lol. But it's still the goal and so is getting back to what I love doing. If my plan goes accordingly I should be set by winter at the latest. I'm going to drop at least something or another before then though because well, I wanna and I'm sort of tired of otherwise drudging each day instead. Sorry to anyone I worried, I'm a survivor and will pull through but I just need to be focused on pulling through is all if anything for my mothers sakes. Love you all and keep on being awesome.

Cyber Burn

Hey SA, sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. We're always glad to see you stop in and say "Hi". Anytime you need an ear to bend, you're always welcome to drop me a line.  :D

daglob

Yes, don't be a stranger. As I can testify, the folks around here are a supportive bunch, and can commiserate or joke as needed.

spydermann93

Hang in there, SA! You've been a trooper so far! I'm keeping you in my prayers. Kick your sickness' booty!

SickAlice

Riddles me this. Who has ten fingers, two eyes and their laptop got the blue screen of death shortly after their last log-in here? Yeah so nice seeing you peeps again and I hope everyone has been holding up as well as possible. I ordered a new laptop from the stimulus pot but given circumstances it was a task and took a long time to get one in the Mohave desert, my mother deserves a lot of credit for making it even happen. Came today and here we are. I have a Sata bridge to get into the old laptops hard drive but whatever happened there made a real mess and it's a task to get in and copy over files, going to take me some time on this one. Hence of course projects are on hold and I will announce when I'm able to get back to it. It seems all the files for FF were retained well enough so that's a plus. Anyways nice to have the internet again, I took for granted just how important it is these days. Ponied up and got a top of the line while I was at it. It has a finger print scanner, not sure what I'll use that for other than sticking things that aren't fingers on it and seeing what happens lol.

BentonGrey

Oh man, SA, that stinks!  I'm glad you're back in business and are able to recover most of your stuff.  Yeah, we've missed you since you went MIA.  Glad you're back, man!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

spydermann93

Always glad to see you back, SA! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Podmark

Ugh, I live in fear of the blue screen. Glad to hear you were able to recover some things.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Hope I didn't worry anyone especially vanishing without a word during, well. Issue currently is laptop (new) is modern so USB is 3.1 C. Previously converter is 2.0. I'm making a slow go of it but really just giving up on that and ordering a new bridge that's 3.1 HDD compliant. They run about ten bucks at the min. However of course shipping being a mess right now, well yeah. I missed the internet though, wow. I rigged a smart tv and had limited and I mean way text search function and else Youtube via an app and that was about it. I have a list renewal filings to do like banking, phone service and my medical insurance. Yeah they decided now was a good time to do all that, pfft. Anyways else safe in my remote desert home. Not a single case in this city yet. Hope everyone elses luck has been as good. Spooky times.

BentonGrey

Good news that it hasn't hit your area much yet. Yeah, these are strange days indeed.
God Bless

SickAlice

Where my mother is currently though not at the lake house but between travel to Mayo and back. I tend to favor isolated areas anyways and this place is as well these people did a great job taking this seriously from the start and being strict about it. We are seeing an influx in AZ currently from CA given this state has looser restrictions and that's bringing about some concern given the current flareups in the state. Though state is subjective here of course, there's an ocean of sand between places to the point every one may as well be an island in a chain and most of what the world here's is either Phoenix, Flagstaff or Havasu has going on though in reality those are again very diversified places to one another. I am smack dab on the TriState boarder however, literally two blocks from the sign that begins Route 66 so CA and NV are also considered in my traffic lane. Reluctantly most has seemed to just go around this path. I am counting my blessings that I am not in a city right now and weep for those who are. I had planned to move to Lake Havasu this December that has been postponed. I decided I'm comfortable here for awhile of course hanging with the lizards.

Edit: I have sort of got the order for the new Sata to retrieve files going. The money for it hasn't cleared and has a date of the 27th hanging, likely do to the bank employees being off and working from home. Else the arrival date is first week of next month but, eh, I know the state of shipping right now so I won't bet on it.

SickAlice

Brief update, USB 3.1 Sata is shipped and set to arrive on the 3rd so after is when I'll resume requests I was in the middle of when the other laptop keeled. Sorry about the wait.