The Litterbox site update thread

Started by SickAlice, August 14, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Updated this thread. The opening post now contains a list of my Easter Eggs (The ones I actually recall anyways. That's what comes from dreaming about cartoons and candy all day.) in a spoiler tag as I came to the conclusion I may have created time capsules no future dweller will ever stumble on.

spydermann93

Spoiler
The only one that I ever knew about was the Contra one.

I still have meshes saved on my Hard Drive :P

Cyber Burn

Spoiler

I knew about the Contra one.

I found Coulson's Card.

I found the "Horse_Thing" on Spidey.

I had no clue about the others though.

The Easter Eggs are a very cool concept here.

SickAlice

I watch that web link whenever I'm feeling down, just saying. I think that line needs to be worked into everything, it's like magic happy seasoning or something.  :)

SickAlice

Noted a few times questions about where the Black Lanterns are have arose. This is on me since I promoted it and tied a scheduled release to. I'm still working on them and pacing them between anything else. The 4th Wave was something I have planned as the " Crypt Of OA " which pertains to deceased characters and isn't limited to ones whom were/are members of the Black Lanterns. The issue is how vast that side of things is. Clearly I'm not going to cover everything but am trying to select as many as possibly. Added their a lot many of the BL's and I'm sure some of the most desired as skins/meshes are characters from outside the usual Green Lantern series and many of the characters have alternate costumes (in may case this becomes required to do when it's a costume from another emotional spectrum). Here's the list I have on my hard drive to give you a concept of what I'm up against for that release and hopefully clear up why there's a hold up:
------
* done
- Necron
- Deathstorm
- Black Hand
- Deadman (White/New52)
- Jade (White)
- Laira (Red)
- Donna Troy (Darkstars/White)
- Katma Tui
- Jonah Hex
- Holly Granger (Hawk II)

------

- Wonder Woman (White, Star Sapphire, New52)
- Aquaman (White)
- Superman (White)
- Superman E2
- Hawkman (White)
- Hawkgirl (White)
- Hawk (White)
- Martian Manhunter (White/New52)
- Ice
- Solomon Grundy
- Terra
- Superboy (White)
- The Spectre (Red) (Crispus)
- Zoom
- Boomerang
- Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
- Green Arrow (White)
- Scar
- Ralph Dibny (Elongated man)
- Sue Dibny
- Animal Man (White)

- Air Wave (Harold Jordan)
- Anti-Monitor
- Alex Luthor
- Atom (Adam Cray)
- Aquagirl (Tula)
- Azrael
- Black Condor (Ryan Kendall)
- Black Mask (Roman)
- Breach
- Ballistic (kelvin Mao)
- Blockbuster
- Cavalier (Hudson Pyle)
- Celsius (Arani Desai)
- Cliff Steele
- Crimson Fox
- Dolphin
- Damage (Grant Emerson)
- Deacon Joseph Blackfire
- Dr.Light
- Dr.Midnite (Charles McNider)
- Fiddler (Issac Bowin)
- Freedom Beast (Dominic Mindawe)
- The Flying Graysons
- Geist (Dwayne Geyser)
- Golden Glider (Lisa Snart)
- Hank Heywood III (Steel)
- Human Bomb (Roy Lincoln)
- Inertia/Kid Zoom
- Johnny Quick (Jonathan Chambers)
- Kid Flash (White) (Bart Allen)
- King Cobra
- Kole
- KGBeast (Anatoli Knyazev)
- King Snake (Edmund Dorrance)
- King Solovar
- Lois Lane E2
- Magpie (Margaret Pye)
- Maxwell Lord
- Mr.Terrific (Terrence Sloan)
- Madame Rouge (Laura De Mille)
- Mirror Master (Samuel Scudder)
- Negative Woman (Valentina Vostok)
- Phantom Lady (Delilah Tyler)
- Nightblade (Nik Mayak)
- Pariah (Kell Mossa)
- Phantasm (Danny Chase)
- Psycho Pirate (Roger Hayden)
- The Question
- Rainbow Raider (Roy G. Bivolo)
- Razorsharp
- Sandman (Dodds)
- Shrike (Vanessa Kingsbury)
- Starman (David Knight)
- Stealth
- Steel II
- Tempest (Garth)
- Twister (old New Teen Titans foe)
- The Top (Roscoe Dillon)
- Trickster (Giovanni Giuseppe)
- Ventrioloquist
- Vibe (Paco Ramone)
- Windfall
- Zatara
- Zor-El

- Dawn Granger (Dove)

from GLC
- Abin Sir
- Arin Sir
- Arkkis Chummuck
- Galius Zed (Darkstars)
- Kilowog
- Tomar Re

- Adara
- Ahtier
- Alisand'r
- Archon Z'gmora
- Ares Bandet
- Arx
- Ash
- Barin
- Barin Char
- Blish
- Brainwilla
- Brin
- Bzzd
- Ch'p
- Davo Yull
- Dob Zagil
- Driq
- Ebikar Hrui
- Eddore
- Ermey
- Fentara
- Flodo Span
- Gretti (Orange as well)
- Jack T. Chance
- Ke'Haan
- Kentor Omoto
- Kreon
- KT21
- Myrrt
- Opto309v
- Quond
- Rak Arranya
- Reemuz
- Remnant Nod
- Rond Vidar
- Saarek (?)
- StarkaĆ°r
- Tanakata Z
- Waverly Sayre
- Xax I
- Xax II
- Zborra
- Zharan Pel

-
not black

Adam (Green/deceased)
Amnee Pree  (resigned)
Anya Savenlovich (resigned)
Arsona (retired)
Charlie Vicker (Gl/Darkstars deceased)
Chaselon (alpha)
Dalor (Gl retired)
Ganthet (Gl,Blue, Guardians)
Garl Rathbone (GL retired)
Gion (presumed deceased)
G'Newmann (retired)
Jong Li (deceased)
K'ryssma (GL/Darkstars deceased)
Magaan (disbanded)
Matoo Pree (resigned)
Meeno Monak (deceased)
Medphyll (Gl/Darkstars)
Pathavim Seth-Ottarak (deceased)
Porter (deceased)
Ragnar (deceased/traitor)
Reever (deceased)
Rori Dag (deceased/1st Green Lantern)
Sarolis (deceased)
Shingo-Wol (deceased)
Sool (disbanded)
TO-T-U-K (deceased)
Vandor (unknown)
Yalan Gur (deceased)
Yron (deceased)
Zale (probation)
Zaneth (deceased)
-
-
----
...and that's about what my case load looks like added anything else and other requests I'm working on. Again there is no way I'm doing everyone and will try and hit the most notable instead. Some of them clearly don't need to be done, others there's simply a lack of actual reference material for me to conceive of what they need to look like.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

You can't even begin to imagine how excited I am to see this list. There's a bunch of Characters that are on your list that are my secondary list, so I would love to see what you can do with them.

So while I still have no actual understanding of Blender, or Keyframes, or much of anything at all, if you need some help with basic Skopes for some of these, I'd be glad to assist with whatever I'm able to.

SickAlice

Thanks. You should list off the ones that are on your list CB so I can make sure they don't make cut list. Note that in some of their cases they'll end up having more Lantern specific animations than they would if they weren't wearing a ring. Like Donna Troy currently does for example (though those keys really aren't a far cry from how she normally moves anyways).

- A shot in the dark while I'm at it but does anyone know the names of the Templar Guardians (I need faces matched to names here)? I'm almost finished with six of them but I only know three names and whom two of those are. I'd hate to release something called " Templar#1, Templar#2, ... " but I'm not sure what to do. I contacted the guy who created these characters where he says he dwells on Twitter but he doesn't seem to be the social type. Anyone actually knows something it would be appreciated.

Speaking of reference material and things just about finished, I am almost finished with a Great And Powerful Oz (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain) game prop. But every reference pic and video I've found have horrible resolution and I can't quite make out the center piece (seems like an simple shape with what appear to be dragons/gargoyles and the sides and...I don't know arching on top of it?). Fan works of the same are no help since theirs are inaccurate. I guess they had the same problem I did then. As it stands my copy of Wizard Of Oz was on an old VHS and is no longer playable. Anyone has a good screencap that I can zoom in on (preferably that part of the set not be obscured by smoke and fire) I would be totes grateful.

SickAlice

daglob

I keep meaning to skin Hex...

... and is that a Terminator skull?

SickAlice

Nup. It's a skull I borrowed from Marvel Heroes (Ghost Rider) that I keep recycling and deforming whenever I need a skull. For Hex's Black Lantern alt of course. As of the past day I capped off Jonah Hex (Jonah Hex and BL skins), Holly Granger (Hawk and BL), Jade (GL, BL, White Lantern and Brightest Day), Katma Tui (GLC and BL), Laira (GLC, BL and Red Lantern) and Donna Troy (Donna Troy, BL, WL and Darkstars. These in addition to Necron, Black Hand, Deadman and Deathstorm as well as any I released previously in skin packs (I'll make a list of those when I release Wave 4). I think I'm keeping a decent pace. Dreading that Wonder Woman though it probably won't be as hard as I think when I get to it (but it really will!).

I amended my hit list adding more names for consideration. Characters like E2 Lois Lane and The Flying Grayson are probably on the outs. I'd rather focus on better visuals. Lisa Snart will happen, I don't care how long I have to punch in the keyframes to make her ice skates work. Corrected Starman. originally I listed Ted, but David is the one who became a Black Lantern, not Ted.

Taking any and all suggestions for body and keyframe types for any of these characters. I'm either vaguely knowable on a few of these and some I have no clue, but I don't want to let anyone down in the end. Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

SickAlice

Good progress today:

The one on the left is the base for Ice. Simple enough to bring in a female crymsin mesh to an Iceman one. Luckily I already made furry boots elsewhere that conform to mb keys as well. The one on the right is the base for Golden Glider and I'm VERY pleased that I got that to work out and so well. I used INK's Dazzler Disco and imposed bit's of the iceslide keys, experimenting and futzing with the placement and timing of everything so that she appears to be " skating on ice " in air. Added a gun animation as well of course. Now I can proceed to model and skin these girls worry free.

Cyber Burn

That updated list is freaking amazing!!!

And I can't wait to see Ice and Golden Glider finished.  :D

SickAlice

Thanks.
Completed Ice, Golden Glider and Aquaman. Began Superman, E2 Superman, Martian Manhunter and the dreaded Wonder Woman. Unfortunately my tummy hurts from too much pumpkin mousse and I may need to lay down and call it for the evening.  ^_^

SickAlice

Everything is still coming at a good pace, sorry for any extended waits. I may though not confirming this release the Lantern wave in two parts due to the size of this list and to at least give anyone something to start playing with.

Retrogame characters are nearing completion. I finished Luigi tonight and only have to assign the data to his animations. Originally I planned Mario's crew to be simple: Luigi being a clone of Mario, Peach and Toad being very basic and only having one costume. However I thought it looked better to give Luigi new costumes and some different animations. I also am going to give Peach a full wardrobe if for no other reason than I think it will be fun to make really elaborate clothes and accessories for her not unlike a Barbie doll. Toad is of course finished and I felt he looked great as is.

SickAlice

Peach with a skin base I made for myself to work from. Everything is done for Peach, Daisy and Rosalina including the works for every costume and hairstyle they've ever worn as well vehicles and weapons. All's I have left is to finish all of the skin sets and I'm going to make some adjustments to the driving animation (the arms look strange to me). The whole thing will be female basic compatible for skopers to work with unlike most of the other retrogame conversions I did recently.

Podmark

That looks really nice. Looking forward to the set.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks. Mainly as usual it looks good because someone else made the model. Weird how this turned into a major undertaking from something so simple (I was originally only going to make just Peach in one standard dress). I noted more than users speaking of having bright little girls in their lives and more it donned on me how little of what we have caters to them. The body type hails from Mario Sportsmix. I went straight to Smash Bros. at first and as odd as this sounds I noted that version is actually sensual even if just only a bit (the fact that it has curves is what points this out). Not in an inappropriate manor like something from a Zenoscope book or whatever, but I really wanted something girly, sweet and nice and the Sportsmix one was more pan-neutral physically. This thing has become a literal dress-up doll now. A release pretty soon though all three are going to have pretty large skin packs: Smash Bros., Classic, Fire Flower, Racoon, Tanooki suit, Cat suit, Boomerang Bros, Sports dress "Tennis/Golf, Gym clothes "Basketball/Baseball", Olympics swimsuit, Winter Olympics, Strikers gear, Bike suit, some sort of " Summer Fun " thing I haven't nailed down and a couple extra for Peach. Varied weapons and karts/bikes for all so a big undertaking yet. I'm really pleased with the way everything is coming out.

SickAlice

I decided to split up the Lantern release for certain now. I have many finished ones and I don't see the point of letting them nest on my hard drive. Prolly do something every 30-40 characters and name the Wave "4a, 4b...". Working on Martian Manhunter right now.

More video game characters. I'm focusing on Sonic and Mario but if there's any special requests outside those series I'd love to hear them. Since I'm using native models the only challenge usually lies in making the keys look right. As it stands I'm finishing Shadow and may add Metal Sonic for that game but I'm clueless about other characters. From Mario's series I'm working on a Wario pack. I'm definitely doing Shyguy from that series as well since he's my favorite seconded by Toad. Also doing Goomba, Koopa Trooper and Birdo since they're easy conversions. 

Spider-man stuff is still underway. Most of it are the things that have time consuming amounts of work to put in. Cosmic Spider-man (the keyframes are gruesome on this), a female Spider-man which needs to be split into an adult and teen mesh (also needs Spider-legs as much as I hate making those), an "Iron man-ish " one and a teen one (for Ultimates, Manga, animated cartoons and such).

Working on a bunch of things from TMNT. I'm not clear on specifics especially which versions to base them on but the bases are underway at least.

SickAlice

Still chiseling away Black Lanterns. Hold ups are still that many have multiple skins (or so I decided they must), lack of reference material (especially anyone that rose from the Crypt Of OA. Most where only in a small background shot if even that), and a lot of new ground and figuring things out given the extent of how many different characters were involved. Finished Hawkgirl tonight (Black, White and Earth 2 skins), moving on to Hawkman (Black, White and New 52). Sorry to anyone for the long hold-up. Again I'll do a partial release real soon just to get some out there.

SickAlice

Not a huge announcement but with some help here I've worked around the clavicle drag issue so I'll be releasing a better Gren Female to Male nif soon. I'll note this in the release thread when it's up.

SickAlice

Spring Cleaning Time.

Hello, I hope all of you are having a wonderful season. I'm not dropping out or something but I'm going to do one quick release and then I won't do any work for two or three days or so. The reason is I want to do an entire site cleaning, getting rid of and merging unneeded pages and making new ones where needed and such. As well I want to reorganize my hard drive a little. I feel pretty cluttered on both ends and frankly cleaning the site is long overdue. So I'm not down just making everything a little easier to work with. Also as a result pages and links may vanish and reappear at various intervals during the next few days. I'm sorry for any problems this ends up causing. Thanks and salutations to you all.

spydermann93

Quote from: SickAlice on May 01, 2015, 12:11:04 AM
Spring Cleaning Time.

Hello, I hope all of you are having a wonderful season. I'm not dropping out or something but I'm going to do one quick release and then I won't do any work for two or three days or so. The reason is I want to do an entire site cleaning, getting rid of and merging unneeded pages and making new ones where needed and such. As well I want to reorganize my hard drive a little. I feel pretty cluttered on both ends and frankly cleaning the site is long overdue. So I'm not down just making everything a little easier to work with. Also as a result pages and links may vanish and reappear at various intervals during the next few days. I'm sorry for any problems this ends up causing. Thanks and salutations to you all.

If I might suggest, would you kindly include a "Next Page" button on the bottom (as well as keep the one at the top) of the Green Lantern page?  It would be really convenient! :D

EDIT: Also, I'm SUPER excited that you have the Anti-Monitor planned!  I'm still baffled as to why there is only one! Anti-Monitor mesh and one Anti-Monitor skin.  Come to think of it, has the Monitor from Crisis on Infinite Earths been done, yet?

SickAlice

Sure thing. Really all I have to do is copy the one from the top to the bottom as well so it won't be a problem.

* ammended: I'm going to adding buttons like that to every page. In fact this will take me an extra day or so but I'm going to try and work out a sidebar type deal (again I'm just terrible at making webpages, but the program I use does provide me this feature).

There's going to be an additional lapse in releases as I'm going to invest time in expanding the Workbench. Specifically I want to end with providing all of the tools and the framework to be able to build your own meshes. More on that as it comes.

SickAlice

@spydermann93: I added the arrows to the Green Lantern pages. I fixed a few others as well. I may make some other changes as well, unsure as of yet and I need to figure some script out. Either way anyone should make sure to Refresh if they've visited my pages before in order to see the changes.

Tommyboy made Anti-Monitor. That's the only know of. I'm only planning a Black Lantern version using his as a base. I don't have a lot invested in that especially with how much some of the others are dragging out of me, especially the Wonder Woman I've been working on. I don't think Monitor has been but I was gone for a few years and missed a lot so someone else may know more than me.

spydermann93

Quote from: SickAlice on May 02, 2015, 12:00:49 AM
@spydermann93: I added the arrows to the Green Lantern pages. I fixed a few others as well. I may make some other changes as well, unsure as of yet and I need to figure some script out. Either way anyone should make sure to Refresh if they've visited my pages before in order to see the changes.

Awesome, thanks!!! :thumbup:

Quote from: SickAlice on May 02, 2015, 12:00:49 AM
Tommyboy made Anti-Monitor. That's the only know of. I'm only planning a Black Lantern version using his as a base. I don't have a lot invested in that especially with how much some of the others are dragging out of me, especially the Wonder Woman I've been working on. I don't think Monitor has been but I was gone for a few years and missed a lot so someone else may know more than me.

Yeah, I know about Tommyboy's Anti-Monitor, and I do like his mesh quite a lot.  I'm just confused as to why the Monitor has never been made before.  More of a curiosity than a request, really. :P

And I really appreciate all of the wonderful meshes you pump out, SA!  It amazes me that one person can do so much in such a small time span.  I can't wait to see what you release, next!

SickAlice

Dunno. I wouldn't take him on myself as I don't feel enough familiarity with the character and how he should look. I can only assume since some people like Tommyboy hit that series they probably had other things that took priority at the time? He was figuring out how to mod Activision games at the time after all and it was a big effort on his end.

Branched off the Marvel page to reduce clutter. There is now a Marvel page, a Fantastic 4 page and Avengers page. The Fantastic 4 page is pretty obvious, F4 related characters. The Avengers page houses characters either with a notable relation to the Avengers comics or to the MCU. I decided anything related to Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and SHIELD end up on this page as well. All else goes to the Marvel page. Noted that I put some of Hickmans characters there despite being Avengers but I felt these versions of Star-Brand and Nightmask were too new and more Marvel characters, especially under the NOW! brand than they were established Avengers characters proper. Take it as you will anyways there are new buttons on the Index page linking to those. I double checked all the links and everything looks fine. I will make release stubs for these here when I have the time.

Amazo Version 2.2

i really like the changes you made to the website so far, it makes things easier to find. i am looking forward to seeing the end result.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

SickAlice

Thanks. It needs much more, but I need to push myself to learn more.

Apologize here to anyone. I'm finding my health in an immediate and concerning manner today and heading off the the hospital. As result there will be a lag in releasing requests. I can't say how long as I have a pretty good idea whats happening I won't know the extent of the doctors treatment until I get there. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

* update (on me not the site per say): It turns out the doctor prescribed a penicillin which I'm allergic to. Apparently he didn't notice the red arm band or something. Anyway I was given some stuff so I can breath again and importantly I'll pull through. I'm just going to be a big pink Hulk for a day or so. That will still slow production since it's miserable but also mean I'll be back on track soon.