The Litterbox site update thread

Started by SickAlice, August 14, 2012, 11:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Thanks. And I will more so because I have to else I'm stubborn and wouldn't. Aside the matter at hand I'm still content, laughing and hopeful just so as not to paint an overcast on myself. Bodies just get run down, I'm sort of accustomed to the fact though never become it.

crimsonquill

Quote from: SickAlice on September 03, 2015, 08:35:32 PM
Oh, I'm not asking how to do it sorry. I'm not sure how I implied that. How to skope Freddy and such doesn't apply so I'm confused where this is coming from either though at that rate go learn Blender swapping from RD's tutorial. Maybe someone else could weigh in here, sorry?

After rereading my earlier replies apparently I was running on a medicated rambling brainstorming mode and totally adding things unrelated to your question, SickAlice. Totally didn't mean to confuse you there. I have been messing around learning to use 3D modeling programs and your mentioning Freddy just triggered a random thought.

Anyway, Don't worry about Freddy. I found the mesh and added it to my own experimental To Do pile.

As for Zombie Iron Man, It was probably the best option to trust your instincts.

Feel better and looking forward to your next previews and releases.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

SickAlice

No need for apologies, I totally relate to medicated rants. I'm pretty sure exactly no one ever understands where I'm trying to come from on sites like Facebook to be honest, lol.

However you choose to do Freddy is up to you. Personally I still suggest only using the costume bits on a basic Freedom Force body. It's just easier that way.

SickAlice

I'm going to be leaving for some time and I'm not sure for how long sorry. I did something foolish last night though in my defense I'm weaker than I let on. I'm in contact with people who are going to come get me and put me in a safe environment for awhile. It's been a joy and privilege being in this community, less so for making characters but more just for knowing all of you. I wish the best to all of you and those you care for and the greatest prosperity.

detourne_me

I hope you get the treatment and care you deserve SA.  Best of luck to you!

naitvalis

thanks to you Alice for all the contents you have bring into this community, we all appreciate your works and you, i hope you can win your fight and come back here soon, stay strong we need you!

daglob

'sokay; we'll be here when you get back.

BentonGrey

Ohh man, well, we will miss you SA.  I'm glad that you've got help close to hand.  We'll keep you in our prayers, in the Grey household.  As DG said, we'll be here when you get back.  In the meantime, take care of yourself!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oldmanwinters

Really sorry to hear about that, SA.  Your work here is really fun to behold, but priorities have to come first.  God be with you.

Amazo Version 2.2

i wish you the best sickalice. until we meet again, take care of your self.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

I wish I had seen this sooner, whatever happens, take care of yourself. Rest, relax, and get better.

SickAlice

Thank you and love you all. I got out of the hospital today. The gave me a lot of help and resources to get my life on track as well of course medications to help with the depression. I'm sorry for anyone I worried. I think things will get better for me from here. I'm moving to the city where there's better outlets for me as well friends to be near. The internet is a nice device but sometimes we all need the comfort of real people. In the meantime I will finish some FF stuff, albeit at a slow pace still. Mutually we all have problems here and I feel and wish the best for each one of you though what I learned from this experience is we have " obstacles ". After jumping too many they sometimes seem taller and harder to leap, or you just get so tired of jumping all the time. But never forget you can get over them and will reach the finish line as long as you keep jumping and always that there are always helping hands around you, all you have to do is reach out and grab them and let them help you over the hurdles. Thank you again everyone for your kind words, it really gives me strength. Freedom Force Forever.

laughing paradox

I wish you the best, SickAlice.

Your presence in the community has been amazing and I think it's great that you're putting yourself in a better place in your life, getting the help you need. Keep on doing it -- you have people rooting for you.

SickAlice

Thank you for the support. That means a lot and even the briefest bits help me more than anything.

Speaking of help with something that relates to Freedom Force actually does anyone know about running an LCD monitor from a laptop? They're both HP on W7 x64, ATI card. The issue is I got it running fine with the exception of video. Anything larger than a small docked screen crashes everything, so CTool2 for say more than one minute, the game itself, movies, and so on. I searched high and low for an answer which I assume just comes down to settings. As it is my laptops screen is fried so I'm using the large external. This problem of course really limits what I can make for Freedom Force, like for example scaled characters of which my Halloween character is to be. I thought to make a thread for this but couldn't figure out what forum that would even go in. Anyways thanks in advance to anyone that knows anything about it and again for all of you just being awesome people.

Cyber Burn

Your Computer issues are well beyond my scope of knowledge, but I'm glad to see things looking up for you.

SickAlice

Thanks. One foot in front of the other. Beyond mine too it seems, I'm more a hardware person. At worst I'll buy a new screen for $10-40. It's an expense I'd rather not tack on with everything coming up but I suppose it needs to be done. Otherwise just needing this patch for the next two weeks so I can make Halloween Girl. If all else I'll prop her up on the kid nifs I put together before so she'll have the right size and go blind from there. Hope your doing well also.

windblown

I didn't see this before, but I'm happy to see that you're back and your health has improved since your post. I wish you the best SA.

SickAlice

Thank you windblown. I still have a long struggle uphill but it's giving me something to focus on. Mostly I need to move to the city and adventure again. I have to thank a lot of people though. There have been a lot of helping hands with me through this that I never knew existed. My faith in humanity is restored. With the 24 hr news cycle churning out hate and fear mongering stories it's easy to get lost in the negativity of the world. But that neglects all the good people out there making a difference and fighting the good fight. The real super heroes.

Also I fixed my monitor. For future reference if anyone ends up needing it and as I couldn't find much online about this when attaching an LED to a laptop especially when the screen is bigger the video settings on the laptop for that profile need to be set to the monitors naive ones. In my case this was 1440x900, 32bit with a 75 hrtz refresh rate. Both the windows DX settings and the video card (ATI) the same.

I have a lame question while I'm here though. How do I run FFVTTR in windowed mode. I never learned how to do it. While my monitor does work in full screen it sucks a lot of juice and eventually overheats the fan in the laptop which isn't meant for this so I have to limit the time I run it. In windowed mode programs don't accelerate the hardware as much and refresh enough to catch that problem. I'd replace the fan of course but it will be easier to replace the laptop screen ($10) as well I'm going to take the opportunity to finally merge the laptop components with a Wii U. I'm babbling again though...windowed mode? Thanks in advance.

Else I am still working on all requests just so not to worry anyone. Just at a much slower pace as I have a lot going on. Winter is coming soon though and me being in the Great Lakes again means I buckle down and just work on art for a few months straight to pass the time.

SickAlice

And my laptop totally crashed. Using a spare laptop to message online but sorry to say any artwork is stopped for now as all my files are on the other hard drive. I'm going to try a few things but right now the best I'm looking at is acquiring a refurbished model of the old laptop over time and chaining the old drive to it then transferring the files. Sorry to anyone I let down here.

Cyber Burn

No apologies needed my friend, you have always gone above and beyond, and have never let anyone down.

SickAlice

Thanks. It totally blows though. I have jack all to do through a Wisconsin winter without it. I'm going to keep trying experiments (going to try and hook up my old hard drive as a secondary to slave this weekend) to get something going. I have a desktop in storage but it's Vista and that's not the most cumbersome system to work with. I can't even get a dongle to work with that.  :thumbdown:

Cyber Burn

I actually ran Vista through most of my time here, and while it dragged at times, I was able to run an older version of Paint Shop Pro (Oh how I miss that one) and NifSkope. Best of luck getting something set up to work with. If there are any Files I may have that you might need, feel free to shoot me an E-Mail.

SickAlice

K. I can't get wifi on it and I need an adapter for the old drive (already stripped it today and tossed the rest). At that rate I may as well buy a refurbished laptop just for the drive at about $70 or less. For now I'm going to try and get some of my old programs on this laptop the hard way. My mother doesn't use it anyways. I may as well just offer to buy it from her actually. She'll just buy a surface soon anyways since it's newer and shinier.

Cyber Burn

I totally forgot about that. My old Vista is still functional, as is my Daughter's XP, but we can't get either to work with the Wi-Fi. We were told that it had something to do with the systems not being compatible with the newer tech.

SickAlice

* final update 10/27/15
I will be moving on 11/04/15 to the city to follow through with a doctor. I called ahead and have a PC store setting up a refurbished there for me to pick up and will commence doing FFVTTR stuff thereafter. I'll be few and far between as I'll have a busy schedule but back in the game to say the least.

SickAlice

I'm in the bed in the hospital in Madison currently. Going to school to get some more career options opened and working on houses still. Also a bit of community and political work while I'm at it. I'm in good hands, some of the best in the country and pulling through fine. I miss all of you greatly and hope all of you and all of the people you adore do great this holiday season. As I'm having bed rest due to the surgery I'm going to begin working on some FFVTTR stuff again this week. Can't wait to get a little breather (winter break around the 22nd to Jan 11th) so I can come back around and catch up with you. Feel free to drop me PM's here in the meantime if you want to play catch up, I'll try and respond to them within a day or two from receiving them. Until then FFForever!  :thumbup:

Podmark

Great to hear from you SA! I was starting to wonder about you, glad to hear you're doing well.
I'll have some stuff to show you soon :D
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

Hey SA,

Good to hear from you. Been wondering how you were getting along.
For Freedom!

Outcast

A bit late, but just want to say i'm also glad to hear from you again. Nice to know your doing ok.

spydermann93

Woohoo! SA's alive!

Not that it's a surprise. FR members are especially hardy :P