Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Happy 2021 !!!

Author Topic: Alex's Freedom Fortress [2021-May-12] - New Classic Mod Fix  (Read 41088 times)

Offline spydermann93

Re: Alex's Freedom Fortress [2021-May-12] - New Classic Mod Fix
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2021, 12:04:35 AM »
What's your installation directory?

I might be able to edit one locally for you.

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2021, 12:12:08 AM »
Ok, so I think I saw your directory in your post.

I'm not sure which is correct, but download the one that is correct and put it in your :ffvstr: directory.

C:\GOG\Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p2ncloirrhoymmz/ffxedit2-1.zip/file

C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich: https://www.mediafire.com/file/p27huvreuep437t/ffxedit2-2.zip/file

If neither of these are right, lemme know what your :ffvstr: path is so I can correct them.

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
  • I'm of a mind to make some mookie.
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2021, 08:04:53 AM »
Same directory yeah, I typically keep FF games in their native for the obvious reasons. And thank you, either or works. So what was your method just for my knowledge. I figure I skipped some important basic Hex step here, again it's been so long. Feels like as like as DOS.

Maybe an idea that Alex here host that patch on his site. Most people are going to have the same directory as it is.

Going to ask while I'm here if there's a straightforward tutorial for scripting. Say I'll want to know how to futz with the summoner, amalgam and or driver attributes (I don't know if driver summons a vehicle or not). I have an idea of some things I think would add comic book type functionality to the game that we're otherwise missing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:31:57 PM by SickAlice »

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2021, 10:28:53 PM »
1) So is it working for you now? If not, lemme know.

2) When I opened ffxedit2.exe in HxD, I searched for the third entry of "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom". On the right-hand side, in the "Decoded Text" column, I replaced this

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich.....r
Code: [Select]
C:\GOG\Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich..........................r
I made sure to type my path in the "Decoded Text" column and and anything that wasn't needed after my path in the Offset block in the middle column, I replaced with "00" up to the "72" (the "r" in the "Decoded Text" column). That's what is sounds like you did, but I'm not sure what went wrong. Perhaps you added some bytes by accident?

3) In your "ffx3\manual" folder, open up the "Index.html". That has a guide on every attribute added through FFX3.3. It should guide you on how to make the changes you want. The FFX Control Centre (ffxedit2) will allow you to modify some attributes, but others you'll have to open your "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffxcustom.py" or "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffxcustom2.py" file to add entries manually. Once you get the process down, it definitely gets easier.

I do recommend using Notepad++ if you don't have it already. It's a great (free) tool that helps modifying text and python files a lot.

If you're asking how to change the actual code for Summoner, etc., and not just modify a character's use of it, that might take some more python know-how than I can readily provide. The code for the attribute should be located in "ffx3\Missions\Scripts\ffx.py"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:31:38 PM by spydermann93 »

Offline SickAlice

• One-Eyed Willy
  • I'm of a mind to make some mookie.
    • The Litterbox aka MeanJellybean
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2021, 11:31:17 PM »
Your files work yes, either or. I didn't add the additional ".'s" That's what I missed.