News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 - New Release!!

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2012, 02:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Yeah, it's definitely worth getting the game, and you'll have more stability with a legitimate version.

As Spyder has said, there are actually a ton of great mods out there, most still available.  You can find my own Ghostbusters mod on my site, along with my TMNT mod. 
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

There are also art assets (meshes, skins, etc) out there for a lot of the other characters you're interested in.  If you are looking for something in particular, feel free to post in the requests section, and hopefully the community can help you find it.  I don't have much interest in the Power Rangers myself, but I know a lot of folks here like them and have created stuff for them, for example.  Even if there aren't full mods for a particular setting/character, you can probably find stuff to capture them, if you want to.  Also, you can always learn to make your own mods if you have something that you really want to see created.  Ha, that's how I got started, after all!

As for the base game, I highly recommend trying out FFX for  :ff: and  :ffvstr:.  It really improves the already fantastic experience.  You'll find a lot of new options and a lot of cool stuff available with FFX.

In terms of other mods, check out the Transformers mod for  :ff: by Valandar.  It's a wonderful loveletter to the G1 Transformers.  Eventually, if I can manage it, I'm going to try to do some Transformers stuff in my planned 'Saturday Morning Cartoon' mod, but we'll see how that shakes out. 

:EDIT: As for Marvel Adventures, the latest update adds more characters and powers, but it doesn't have new campaigns or missions.  You'll find a list of the new characters on the release page.  Are any of them showing up?  If not, delete your MA folder and reinstall.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!

videogamersadvocate

Benton, I just want to say that your Marvel Adventures mod is fantastic. Just a tremendous cast of characters and I've enjoyed using each of them. Also the old school music that plays in the background is terrific. Being a Spiderman geek, the old school intro playing in the background was cool to hear. I also like that your characters have more of an old school feel to them. While I appreciate the movies, I grew up in the 80s and fell in love with the way the Marvel characters like Spiderman were depicted in the comic books during that time and in the past. I used to sneak into my older brother's collection and couldn't stop reading Spiderman. He also had Iron Man, Silver Surfer and X-Men. But Spiderman was my favorite. My uncle used to have a crazy huge collection of different Marvel comics and he could talk about them for days.

BentonGrey

Why thanks, VGA, that's precisely what I was going for, that classic, nostalgic feel from my favorite eras of Marvel.  I'm really glad that you've been enjoying the mod! 

I had a similar experience.  My cousin had what I still consider one of the greatest comic runs of all time, Claremont's X-Men, and I got introduced to them at the perfect time, when I was around 15.  I devoured them, and that era will always be close to my heart.  I also grew up with the 90s cartoons, like Spider-Man: TAS and X-Men: TAS, and you'll see evidence of their influence, especially in the versions of my X-Men.  Ha, it's a bit of a strange mixture of 70s/80s and 90s, I'm afraid, but it makes sense to me.  :lol:

Have you tried out any of the campaigns?  What's been your favorite so far?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

videogamersadvocate

I have to admit that I am all over the place when it comes to video games. It drives my brother-in-law crazy. But I like a lot of variety.  :lol: So no I haven't had the chance to try out a campaign yet. I have just been doing Rumble Room battles to get more of a feel and comfort with the game's mechanics and controls. In a sense, I'm using Rumble Room as a practice mode so that when I do the campaign, I feel like I really know what I'm doing. Plus it has been fun trying out the different characters that way. But I definitely will get to the campaign soon. More than likely I will try the Avengers one first.

BentonGrey

No worries, the game's best feature is the RR, and that's a big part of the fun of my universe mods.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Glad you enjoyed the mod advocate, Benton pours his heart and soul even though marvel isnt his first preference in terms of costumed fellas  :D.

Btw benton i sent you an email. Would you be interested in an MA update im working on?

videogamersadvocate

Yeah this mod is really cool. I played some of the Avengers campaign last night and got through the 4th chapter. From what I've played so far, this is very well done. The story is well put together, I like the way that characters unlock as you go and how you have flexibility where you can add whatever available characters you want into the free slots before each chapter. So if I did another playthrough, I would be able to have a bit of a difference experience by using other characters. Gameplay wise, I like that there is a mixture of objectives from battles and protecting something to rescues and shutting something down. So the fact that there are multiple campaigns along with all of the characters makes for a tremendous package.

dknight95

Hi Benton, finally starting playing MA this weekend and it has been fun, but I wanted to ask should it start with the X-Men campaign?  I have seen the list of campaigns in your original post :
Campaigns:
The Avengers
Thor
The Fantastic Four
The X-Men
The X-Men 2
The Invaders
Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
SHIELD
Spider-Man and the Marvel Knights

Is this the order they should play in within the Mod?  Just want to make sure I am not missing out on any parts!  Thank you!
Be well, God bless, Be at peace, and may the forces of evil become lost and confused on the way to your home! - George Carlin

BentonGrey

Howdy DK, glad you're checking out my little project.

You can actually play them in any order.  The list on my site is roughly the list in which I wrote and made them, but they aren't dependent on one another, and I don't think there's really any continuity between them.  :)

I hope you enjoy the stories, and please, feel free to offer feedback on balance, design, or what-have-you!
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy folks!  I'm still hard at work on the DCUG (look for another Developer's Journal soon, with lots of really cool developments), but my friend, the mighty Marvelite, Jimaras8 has been hard at work as well, continuing his work updating and expanding Marvel Adventures.  He's added a few new characters, but he's mainly been focused on balance tweaks and FX udpates. I also completed a set of bug fixes, replacing missing textures and objects that were causing problems in some of the missions.  Check out the update here!

https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2021/07/09/new-marvel-adventures-update/
God Bless

Borgaster

Benton, you and an brazilian that create games for DC and Marvel using OpenBOR are my hope. The DC never create an game for Superman or Justice League. Marvel created an game for the Avengers that is horrible and the games of Marvel for Android are being created by koreans. I can not understand !

BentonGrey

Howdy Borgaster, I'm not entirely sure I understand.
God Bless

Borgaster

Benton, i think the majority of the people in this forum are Old School like me and love The Golden Age characters of Marvel and DC like me. My opinion is that the Modern DC and Marvel are destroying your Legacy. Only the modders like you are creating the type of game that the people really want play. Freedom Force is an incomparable game. That is the truth !

BentonGrey

Why, thanks Brogaster!  I really appreciate that! 
God Bless

midnightphoenix123

Just wanted to say thank you for all the work you've put into this mod, I've been playing it for years and it always brings on great memories.

I recently got a new PC and just got around to installing Freedom Force T3R and installed Marvel Adventure and for some reason none of the exes open the respective games, they just run the normal Freedom Force game. I'm not sure why or how to fix it as everything I have tried has done nothing to help  :doh:

Randomdays

Each mod is different, and I'm not sure about Marvel adventures, but it might need FFX installed

I helped someone else with getting the Legion mod running, so this might help;

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60679.0

midnightphoenix123

Quote from: Randomdays on November 27, 2021, 10:29:44 AM
Each mod is different, and I'm not sure about Marvel adventures, but it might need FFX installed

I helped someone else with getting the Legion mod running, so this might help;

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=60679.0

I didn't have that installed so thank you so much for that, I completely spaced out FFX. Everything is working great now, thank you for all the help!

BentonGrey

Thanks Midnightphoenix!  I'm very glad you've enjoyed my little project! 

That's weird that the mods weren't running without FFX installed.  I had never heard that before, but I've always got FFX installed, so I'd never know.
God Bless

mal19uk

Hi, I have recently been playing MA and it is fantastic!

I just wondered about something odd on the Avengers campaign. When I get up to mission 7 the campaign then changes to the regular FFTTR game rather than continuing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

BentonGrey

Howdy Mal19uk, I'm glad you've been enjoying the mod!  So, mission 7 is the end of the Avengers campaign (for now).  Are you experiencing this as you START mission 7, or as you go on to mission 8?  If the latter, what you're seeing there is an artifact of the way I build my campaigns.  I sometimes get weird errors when I don't have something after the last mission in a campaign, so I leave the first FF mission in place as a placeholder to keep things from going wrong.  I need to find a better solution to that issue.
God Bless

mal19uk

Ah yes that would make sense. All good then. I look forward to playing the rest of the campaigns and also DCUG when it is ready! Thanks

crosspotts1.0

so i dont know if anyone else is having this problem but several charaters are showing up in visable

BentonGrey

Crosspotts, yes, I'm afraid we do know about this one.  There is an update in progress.  It was stalled by the insanity of the last year, but it should be coming pretty soon.
God Bless

Jimaras8

Howdy fellas. I hope summer's eve finds you all well and healthy. Benton is on vacation until the mid of June so i'm subbing for him in order to give you the latest MA update, Version 2.3 to be exact. We have fixed the FX paths for the mod, we included some OG meshes that werent there in the latest version and we need a bunch of balancing tweaks. Benton isnt able to pack it on an installer so i'm going to give you a link to my mediafire with the mod in it. The only note i have is if you want to revert some characters like Iceman, Wolverine, Jean and Iron Man to Benton's meshes you will find them in the art/custom_characters folder. Just change the mesh path int he Templates section of the FFEdit and you are set.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uqfj6hoyqisdfb1/MA.rar/file

kidnasty

I will test this out today.  Thanks for the update.

videogamersadvocate

I definitely appreciate the 2.3 update and all the work that has been done on it. This is an outstanding mod that includes an exhaustive list of Marvel heroes, villains, and even many other characters that make for great fun in the Rumble Room. I'm really blown away at the detail and love put into the mod. It's the closest thing to a Marvel sandbox experience I'll ever be able to have. Benton, I hope you are enjoying your vacation. Thank you so much for your work and sharing it with us. Also, thanks Jimaras8 for posting the update.

Jimaras8

You are welcome. Marvep sandbox is definitely the vision Benton had in mind and i used my marvel knowledge from all the years of reasing to add to that.

IamsoUBER

Enjoying this mod so much - but was playing the Invaders campaign, and Union Jack seems to lack a mesh.  He either appears invisible (in the trainer or selection windows) or as a pink square.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Randomdays

I haven't messed around with the mod for a long time, but I did a search and didn't see anyone else having this problem

1) do you have the latest version and any patches for it? I have 3 different version saved off on my drive and 5 different patches, though off hand I don't know which version the patches are for. The newest version I know of is May/2022. There's a link a few entries up on this page.

2)got to the "data/art/library/ characters/" directory and look at the Union Jack folder to see how he looks in it. If he's there, look at the entry just mentioned  above and how to go in ffedit and check the mesh path in the templates section.