News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mesh question

Started by hmarrs, May 24, 2012, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

I have posted this in the skinning area as well since I'm not sure if this is a skin question or a meshing question.

Ok question.
Lets say I skoped somthing is there anyway to skin it as a whole with the rest of the mesh instead of indiviually.It is too tidous and mindboggoling to do so. :huh:
I tried opening it in Blender but it seems the only way to do this is by joining the objects into one mesh however I don't want to do this as it effects
the animation and such.
So basically my questions is how can I join to skin not the mesh?Or can I join it in Blender or Nifskope to texture then unjoin it.Not sure can someone please help.

Amazo Version 2.2

forgive me, but your wording is confusing me a bit. are you trying to only have to skin 1 tga file for the entire skope? are you trying to skin the skope as a 3demensional object? what do you mean when you say"how can I join to skin not the mesh"? there is a way in nifskope to combine tga files into one, i think. i'm not sure if that is what you want to do.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hmarrs

Let's say I sloped an armor on a mesh.Now normally I would texture it silver.
But let's say instead I want it to look as an extention of the skin.So have all the mesh and skope under one skin.Not a repeatative pattern an extention of.Don't know if you get me.

Amazo Version 2.2

so, rather than have your armor piece be silver, you want the piece to be mapped to male basic, where it appears on the skope?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

detourne_me

OK I just responded to your question in the skinning forum,  but now I know what you want hmarrs, I can help you out here.  I'll make a quick tutorial for you.

detourne_me

Tutorial:

For this example I will use Jik's Deadpool mesh and Tommyboy's Spider-man mesh.

As you can see, the deadpool mesh has a face, with a nose and lips.  I want him to wear a mask that covers the face.

Tommyboy's spiderman has that mask, but you can see under NiTexturingProperty that the mask is mapped to tom_Extras.tga   That is an extra texture file I would have to skin.

So here I copied and pasted the branch for tom_helm_spiderman onto the deadpool mesh.   I don't have the texture file tom_Extras.tga in my deadpool folder, so it has no skin.  it's white.

The texture file for the deadpool mesh is called sword&gun.tga
So, under the NiTexturingProperty for tom_helm_spiderman, I changed it from tom_Extras.tga to sword&gun.tga, now I can see the mask.

I was lucky.  The mapping for tom_helm_spiderman is in the same place as the head for a male_basic mesh.
You can see where the mapping is by right clicking on Editable Mesh > Texture > Edit UV
Sometimes you will have to click and drag a box over the UV mapping to select it,  than you can move the mapping anywhere in the texture file you'd like.

hmarrs

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on May 24, 2012, 09:10:27 PM
so, rather than have your armor piece be silver, you want the piece to be mapped to male basic, where it appears on the skope?
Exactly I couldn't find a way but yes having what you skope extend off of the male_basic mesh.

hmarrs

Quote from: detourne_me on May 24, 2012, 10:30:38 PM
Tutorial:
The texture file for the deadpool mesh is called sword&gun.tga
So, under the NiTexturingProperty for tom_helm_spiderman, I changed it from tom_Extras.tga to sword&gun.tga, now I can see the mask.
Thanks I'm going to try it. :thumbup:

Quick question as it seems what you say is that I have to select the skoped piece and then add the existing skin.
cool I can do that.However lets say the piece has multiple skoped pieces is there a way to have the skin envelope the entire mesh skope and all so that each
piece doesn't have to be selected one by one?
Also is there a way to select more then one piece in NIfskope as a group?That would make it easier for me.As it seems it only allows you to pick a piece at a time?
Either way thank you.

detourne_me

I dont think theres a way to select multiple parts in nifskope,  sorry about that.

You can potentiallyy add any piece you want to the same texture file.  you just have to worry about the mapping.  For example, if you download the Red Robin Skope I made, both C6 and AA have skinned it.  All of the extras are from different meshes,  but I was able to map them all onto one extras.tga file.