News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Heroes Footage

Started by Previsionary, May 22, 2012, 11:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainawesome

I wonder how they'll handle social stuff like leagues or even friends. If you had 12 iron men on your friend list, things would get really confusing.

JeyNyce

Quote from: captmorgan72 on July 21, 2012, 05:49:12 PM
https://www.marvelheroes.com/heroes/rocket-raccoon

That's cool, but this is better:
"Squirrel Girl will be a playable character in the upcoming MMORPG Marvel Heroes."
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

laughing paradox

With the addition of someone like Squirrel Girl, it gives me hope that they really are going to really include a very vast amount of characters.

I see a "Marvel Villains" game down the line if this does well.

laughing paradox

New video from the PAX con, showing Daredevil, Punisher and.. Squirrel Girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TihhyhVEMAc

Closed Beta is also in October, so this game is going to be released a lot sooner than I expected. I have to admit.. I don't really have a history of playing MMO (except DCUO now), but I'm super excited to try out this game. It reminds me of a strictly online Freedom Force, in a way. It seems to appeal to my collecting nature as a digital hoarder. :)

Anywhere, here are their character sheets:

Podmark

The character models look pretty good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I got into the closed Beta and I just have to say (and all I can say) is: it was fun.

BlueBard

Yeah, I think I agree that it would be more fun to play this in a group of friends where everybody's staked out their own heroes and there aren't a bunch of clones running around.

Although some characters would be easier to do in multiples than others, where different costumes could represent different people. 

For example, an Iron Man could theoretically be Tony or Rhodey, or remote-controlled suits of armor, so that's not quite as big a stretch.

Multiple Spideys could be (groan!) clones.  Giant Man or Ant Man could be Pym or one of his many stand-ins.  Maddrox, if he's in this of course, is a no-brainer.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Previsionary

Y'know, many free MMOs go the same model/clone/avatar route, and I noticed that it's not much of a problem unless you're in really congested areas because you get accustomed to it really quickly. And because many MMOs have instanced missions, it becomes less of a problem, especially if you're part of a group who agrees to take on different roles. Depending on how many characters Gazillion puts out and how well those characters operate, I'm sure you'll see a large variety of characters roaming about at any given time.
Disappear when you least expe--

catwhowalksbyhimself

I just got invited to the beta myself and will be trying it out tonight.  Can't actually say anything more than that though, but I do have hopes that it will be at least decent.  The info on the game page looks quite promising anyway.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

captmorgan72

I have signed up for over a dozen betas over the years and have never been chosen. I signed up for the Marvel beta as soon as there site offered it.  I have terrible luck with getting in betas.  :thumbdown:

catwhowalksbyhimself

They just announced the Founders Program allowing folks to buys some goodies ahead of the release and get access to the game early.

https://www.marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/founders-program-launched-assemble-your-team-today

Tomato

So um... apparently I got into the Beta? I've never really been in a closed beta before, so I don't really know what I can and can't say about the game due to the NDA.

I just dled the client, and am starting the process of getting things downloaded. It's a bit on the lighter side (5-10gb), but that's perfectly fine with me since my connection isn't fantastic.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Tomato on January 16, 2013, 04:03:25 AM
So um... apparently I got into the Beta? I've never really been in a closed beta before, so I don't really know what I can and can't say about the game due to the NDA.

I just dled the client, and am starting the process of getting things downloaded. It's a bit on the lighter side (5-10gb), but that's perfectly fine with me since my connection isn't fantastic.
Ok, I'm officially jealous. When did you sign up for the beta? I signed up the first day they announced it.

Tomato

Er... I actually never signed up for it. I did, however, get the $200 sponsor pack, so that likely had something to do with it.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Tomato on January 16, 2013, 10:45:24 PM
Er... I actually never signed up for it. I did, however, get the $200 sponsor pack, so that likely had something to do with it.
Yep, that's why.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, that pack has automatic beta access as part of the deal.

Previsionary

I hope everyone who gets into the beta and experiences the game enjoys him/herself. Captain Morgan, if you use any social site such as G-plus, twitter, or facebook, you should keep up with the Marvel Heroes fanpage. They give out beta codes every day on the various sites, and they're multi-use codes, meaning several people can use the codes they give out to get into the beta. IGN and other comic/gaming related sites are also giving away codes. It's really not an exclusive club these days, lol.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Previsionary on January 17, 2013, 06:14:27 AM
I hope everyone who gets into the beta and experiences the game enjoys him/herself. Captain Morgan, if you use any social site such as G-plus, twitter, or facebook, you should keep up with the Marvel Heroes fanpage. They give out beta codes every day on the various sites, and they're multi-use codes, meaning several people can use the codes they give out to get into the beta. IGN and other comic/gaming related sites are also giving away codes. It's really not an exclusive club these days, lol.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know this. Going to keep an eye on them now.

captmorgan72

Previsionary

beta testers can't actually discuss the game outside of the game world itself and the developers' forums unless they plan on voiding the NDA and putting themselves at risk.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

One thing I can point out is that the game is not finished yet, but this review seems to be acting as if it is instead of looking at the potential and what it's shaping up to be.  I won't be specific, but many of the things he complains about are the kind of things that betas are meant to help find and fix.

You might want to instead check out this link, which has two other game journalist actually playing the thing live, so you can yourself what it's like and decide for yourself whether you agree with the other article or not.

Oh and one thing the video confirms is that the playable Deadpool knows he's in an MMO and comments on how much xp he's getting and such.

Previsionary

Going along with what Cat said, this game should be judged as a beta, not a full game. The team is still actively working on it and are making steady updates to the system and game itself on a day by day basis, which can be gathered from their own words.

The beta probably wouldn't be as harshly judged if it had come out before DC Heroes, Champions, etc, but even CoH's beta was nowhere near as good as the initial public product was and what it later developed into. That's not even me defending the game; it's me being a logical, rational person using common sense, heh.

Midnite

From what I heard, the Devs will not use directional keys (WASD) for the game. That's a deal breaker for me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

As far as I know Diablo doesn't use WASD either.  Neither does Torchlight, or Sacred, or any other major Diablo clone I've ever played on the PC.  I don't see how this would be a problem.

Midnite

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 28, 2013, 09:52:38 PM
As far as I know Diablo doesn't use WASD either.  Neither does Torchlight, or Sacred, or any other major Diablo clone I've ever played on the PC.  I don't see how this would be a problem.

Sadly I never played those games you mention. I'll give it a try once its been release. Since its F2P, there's no harm in trying.

catwhowalksbyhimself

In the video I linked to, it's actually mentioned by the guy in charge that it was based in part off some idea his team had in making one of three Diablo 3 prototypes.  The game's website also compares it to Diablo, so yeah, same kind of game, and those games are designed in such a way I would actually find it extremely difficult and frustrating to try using wasd with any of them.  As in impossible to play.  So yeah, at least give it a try, and I'd definitely recommend trying Torchlight 2 or Sacred 2 (or the first games for both) as they are excellent games in their own right and would give you an idea of the genre in which Marvel Heroes belongs.

captmorgan72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9gLYukyDMw&feature=youtu.be Pretty decent behind the scenes video and a great breakdown how they make the characters.  When I watched this video, I kept thinking "god what a dream job."

Previsionary

I dunno, Cat, I think a game like this could benefit from keyboard controls... heck, gamepad support would be awesome as well, but that's just me.