News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Turret Troubles

Started by BentonGrey, May 15, 2012, 05:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm working on a mission for my Marvel mod, and I'm having some trouble with turrets that I've got set up.  I've pretty much got the exact same thing as the FFX green turrets, but they keep moving around.  Does anyone know what the formula is to get a turret to be stationary?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

rfreixo

Hey, I think I know that one!
On the template tab, you have to set the turretUseLOS attribute to 1.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the response  rfreixo!  I tried that, but they are still moving.  I'm not quite sure what to do.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Epimethee

Could the issue possibly be related to the M25 AI generated for the template? If you copy the FFX Turret template to create a new entry, does the new turret exhibit the moving behaviour?

The solution would then be to... err... hmm, I' m really rusty.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

DrMike2000

You've got my rusty gears grinding here, Benton...

You could try setting them to be unable to move over any terrain in the character tab of FFEdit, I think. Thats the list of materials on the middle right of the Character tab(?)  Make sure they have empty voices if you do this, or they'll verbally express their frustration at you.

Have you given them the turret AI? That might be part of it.

Otherwise, a quick Trigger_Lock(turretname) script command will do the trick I think, no idea how easy that is to do in EZScript.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

BentonGrey

Man, thanks for the response Dr. Mike!

I'm afraid that it seems the FF2 editor doesn't have seem to have the materials list.  How would I go about doing the script?  I'm afraid that I am completely script illiterate!
God Bless

mac402

I was having the same problem with turrets and have found this topic already existing. I want to share a solution I've used. The way I fixed this is with adding an attribute 'stationary'. Then in ffx.py script file adding the line for it:

def initstationary(char,update=0):
    Trigger_Move(char,'lock')

Now any turret character or immobile character like say the Master Mold can have stationary attribute added and it prevents him from moving. :)

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com