News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Keyframes Gone Wild

Started by Shaboba, April 30, 2012, 06:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaboba

Okay. So, in Nifskope, I just dramatically resized an originally giant-sized mesh to make it standard human-sized. Now the problem is that all of the keyframes are... off, is the best way I can put it. And popups in-game (stun animation, damage, etc) appear REALLY HIGH over the mesh's head. Needless to say, I am none too pleased, but I have no idea how to fix this and I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions.

Tomato

Mk, how exactly did you resize the mesh? did you resize the mesh itself, or did you use the handle node to shrink it down? what mesh were you attempting to shrink? are the keyframes supposed to be giant too?

Shaboba

I resized 0-NiNode-Scene Root. I'm pretty sure the keyframes are supposed to be giant as well as they're unique to this mesh -- Glaug Officer's Pod by Valandar.

Tomato

I'm not at my computer to actually check it, but I'm FAIRLY certain that right there is your problem. Try shrinking the "handle" node instead.

Shaboba

... okay, I'm probably just exceptionally stupid, but I'm not sure what you mean by "handle." I can't find any nodes within the mesh in Nifskope that has the word "handle" in it.

Tomato

No, you're not. Not all meshes have it, though it makes shrinking meshes easier. Instead, you need to shrink the bip01 node and then adjust it so it's not floating above the ground (the handle node is attached directly to the ground so that it won't float)

Shaboba

So I shrunk the bip01 node, and then repositioned it, and it's still floating in-game... I'm lost. ><

Tomato

repositioned it how, floating how. I can't hack into your computer to see what you're seeing, give me details and screenshots man!

Shaboba

So this is what I do with the bip01 node in the mesh in nifskope = shrink it down, and reposition it so that it's on the "floor":
Spoiler

And here's the in-game result. The mesh literally floats above the ground:
Spoiler

Sorry for not uploading screens before. I have no idea what the problem is here so hopefully you can see something that I don't.

PS: The in-game skin is just a random little thing I put together for my own personal use, in case its presence should cause any confusion.

hoss20

I'm sure Tomato has the answer for you, but give this a try until he is able to respond. Go ahead and reposition the mesh back "in the air" where it originally was using the Bip01 node. Go to the Scene Root to reposition it "on the floor"

I'm only suggesting this, because you mentioned that you have no Handle node. I just did a Moloid skope for Benton where I did some shrinking down of the original mesh I used. It also floated in the air in-game, but after using the Handle node to reposition it, it showed up with feet on the ground in-game.

I believe because your mesh doesn't have a Handle node, that its vertical positioning may be controlled by the Scene Root instead. I'm probably wrong, so hopefully Tomato or someone else who actually meshes instead of skopes could clear this up.

Shaboba

Quote from: hoss20 on May 01, 2012, 06:38:53 PM
I'm sure Tomato has the answer for you, but give this a try until he is able to respond. Go ahead and reposition the mesh back "in the air" where it originally was using the Bip01 node. Go to the Scene Root to reposition it "on the floor"

I'm only suggesting this, because you mentioned that you have no Handle node. I just did a Moloid skope for Benton where I did some shrinking down of the original mesh I used. It also floated in the air in-game, but after using the Handle node to reposition it, it showed up with feet on the ground in-game.

I believe because your mesh doesn't have a Handle node, that its vertical positioning may be controlled by the Scene Root instead. I'm probably wrong, so hopefully Tomato or someone else who actually meshes instead of skopes could clear this up.

I appreciate the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. :\

Tomato

The fix is simple: You moved the bip01 node the wrong way. See how it's floating not only above ground, but quite a bit backward as well? That's because you probably moved it along the wrong axis.

I think the one you want to adjust here is Y, not Z.